PDA

View Full Version : CrossFit & Canadian Forces Combat Fitness Program

Anthony
07-24-2007, 07:00 AM
CrossFit HQ and Canadian Forces at Base Gagetown have developed an awesome website that covers a lot of the movements we see in CrossFit's WOD.

I was told this is available to the public and their goal is to overload the servers, so please check it out:

Canadian Forces Combat Fitness Program (http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land_force_doctrine_training_system/ex_aita_trg/acim/courses/acim/acim.swf) (WFS)

There are 3 drop down menus at the bottom. Select "Combat Fitness Program" for the first drop down. Choose "Exercises" in the second drop down. And then select whatever exercise you want in the third drop down.

Enjoy!

ericg
07-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Awesome stuff. Wish my computer was working properly so I could listen to the coaching cues.

DoUgL@S
07-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Very nice site. I am going to start recommending this when people want to learn the proper way to do certain lifts.

Maki Riddington
07-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Great resource!

View 1
07-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Good site.

I was watching the video of the Sumo Deadlift Highpull. I may have to try that out this week coming up.

KingWilder
07-29-2007, 06:47 AM
awesome

that's just what I've been looking for

nhlfan
07-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I was watching the video of the Sumo Deadlift Highpull. I may have to try that out this week coming up.

tried them today! lots of fun.

Anthony
08-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure what you mean ... what program?

KingWilder
08-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty sure Anthony just posted that as a way to reference certain lifts to improve form/see how to do it

not sure what "program" you're talking about either

Anthony
08-06-2007, 12:22 PM
From the site:

Some of the exercises have an asterisk (*) beside them. The asterisk identifies those exercises that require attention when determining the appropriate load (weight) to be used. For less experienced people, it is strongly recommended that a lighter weight be used, as per the guidelines on scalability in Chapter 7.