PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding from working too hard?

Detard
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Is it normal to start bleeding from a fresh (1-2 days prior to workout) cut or scab during an intense workout?

On several occasions i've had a cut or scab that has started bleeding during a workout. Example, I cut my leg open on a metal hook on a monday, then it started to form a scab. I did a lower body workout on the wednesday of the same week and the scab started bleeding. I didnt brush up against anything or accidentally rip it off... just started bleeding again.

Another example. On saturday I cut my finger while putting up a fence and during my workout yesterday it started bleeding. Particularly while doing shrugs and skulls. I'm guessing it was because my hands were hanging down so the blood was in my hands and since I was squeezing to hold on, the pressure made it start bleeding again.

I'm not really worried about it because it wasn't shooting out or anything, just dripping a little. Any experiences or thoughts?

WillKuenzel
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Your blood pressure goes up while you're working out so if a cut or wound hasn't fully closed up you could get some seepage.

Detard
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Thats what I figured. Thanks for the quick response.

Hatred
07-24-2007, 04:09 PM
That and your skin is flexible....it'll move around and crack the scab

whiteman90909
07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
I get the same thing a lot in my nose. It bleeds easily, and on heavy squats or deads, it can just start bleeding in the middle of my set.

WillKuenzel
07-27-2007, 03:46 PM
As a teenager I would get pretty regular nose bleeds. My blood pressure was fine but I found out that I had a swollen blood vessel in my nostril that either when it got hit or I got overly hot it would start bleeding. They offered to cauterize it if it became a problem but I eventually just grew out of it and the nose bleeds got less and less.