PDA

View Full Version : seperate protein from carbs

Biggins
07-24-2007, 05:22 PM
What do you people think of seperating your protein from your carbs.I ask this because I was amazed to read that many bodybuilders inject insulin....meaning they dont make enuff of it.

I am still studying the nutrition of the body and found that when blood glucose rises to a certain point the liver converts all the glucose to triglycerides.I dont know if theres a saftey mechanism for excess aminos.

So now I wonder is it better than to eat a pro/fat meal then a carb/fat meal and alternate betwteen the two.The fat in each meal has no impact on insulin so its there for taste and of course the essential lubrication etc.

This way your body doesnt have to produce 100 iu's of insulin instead only having to produce 50 per meal.Seems more efficient.

Also another thing has to do with tryptophan/seratonin and mood.If you eat a pure protein meal and then 2 hrs later have a pure carb meal youll get a seratonin boost due to the insulin pushing the remaining tryptophan across the bloodbrain barrier without any interfering aminos.

Just some ideas...any one have any comments

BBB
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Bodybuilders do not inject insulin because they don't make enough of it. The inject insulin because it is an anabolic hormone - and a powerful one at that.

Fat + Carbs - oh, you mean like ice cream or icing? Yeah, that'll get you lean fast. Fat + Carbs like - oatmeal and pb - pretty different.

Biggins
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
BBB,yes I know its anabolic.If more carbs means more insulin then why not add more carbs.I think that everyone is differnt in how much insulin they can make in a given time frame.

Yes I mean good carbs and fat together.Pasta meal witha bit of garlic,olive oil on top.Just a bit for taste if you believe the "should never eat fat with carbs theory"

Biggins
07-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Just wanna add that while I dont follow this way of eating I do eat my last meal as a pro/fat meal.Then an hour and a half later I take a probiotic drink that has 12gms sugar in it yet no protein.This works like a sleeping pill on me and im out cold in 20 minutes.

BBB
07-24-2007, 06:21 PM
When bodybuilders use insulin they take carbs with it. Most bodybuilders are quite insulin sensitive already. Your inference that they inject insulin because they because they don't make enough is incorrect.

And really, it doesn't matter what combination you eat your foods in - at least not for the average person trying to improve their physique.

Holto
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
When bodybuilders use insulin they take carbs with it. Most bodybuilders are quite insulin sensitive already. Your inference that they inject insulin because they because they don't make enough is incorrect.

And really, it doesn't matter what combination you eat your foods in - at least not for the average person trying to improve their physique.

:nod:

Biggins
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
So why take it.I understand they take more carbs and that should make more insulin....but it doesnt so they inject more.Have to realize that the pro monsters have mass thats beyond what the human body was made for.

On a side not and I dont want to seem like a pig but anyway.I was waTCHING YOUTUIBE AND YOUR video pop upped and I thought wow she is smokingly cute.Just now I thought you was a dude and when it hit me that your not I checked your blogsite and found same video....Small world:)

Biggins
07-24-2007, 07:16 PM

I dont know about that.

Past weeks ive been cooking up a big pot of food and dividing it up into 5 containers.Has pound and a half of meat,3tbsp olive oil,bag of veggies and 1 an 1/4 cup rice.

3 weeks and I got fat.Past 3 days....same calories or close to it and belows diet has me looking mean,pumped and feeling better.

4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,1/2 cup oats

PWO--80gms dex/40gms whey----only days I workout so I carb cycle on non workout days

4oz lean steak,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

more fat and protein and less carbs with carbs centered around workouts is the ideal way to eat for BB purpose.Plus my joints hurt unless I take flax while olive oil has no benefit in this regard,.

BBB
07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
So why take it.I understand they take more carbs and that should make more insulin....but it doesnt so they inject more.Have to realize that the pro monsters have mass thats beyond what the human body was made for.

On a side not and I dont want to seem like a pig but anyway.I was waTCHING YOUTUIBE AND YOUR video pop upped and I thought wow she is smokingly cute.Just now I thought you was a dude and when it hit me that your not I checked your blogsite and found same video....Small world:)

They take it to help with partitioning.

:redface: Yes. It is a small world. Thank you.

And about food combining - trust me - at the average persons level of conditioning it does not matter. Ask just about anyone else here and they will tell you exactly the same thing.

BBB
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I dont know about that.

Past weeks ive been cooking up a big pot of food and dividing it up into 5 containers.Has pound and a half of meat,3tbsp olive oil,bag of veggies and 1 an 1/4 cup rice.

3 weeks and I got fat.Past 3 days....same calories or close to it and belows diet has me looking mean,pumped and feeling better.

PWO--80gms dex/40gms whey----only days I workout so I carb cycle on non workout days

4oz lean steak,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

more fat and protein and less carbs with carbs centered around workouts is the ideal way to eat for BB purpose.Plus my joints hurt unless I take flax while olive oil has no benefit in this regard,.

Your example of your self is anecdotal at best.

How do you know you just don't do well with rice?

Also, fish oil > flax.

And you changed your macros - changing in carbs for fat...you could have just dropped some water.

And your original post asked about C + F meals - and you don't even have one of those in your new diet. So what point are you trying to make, exactly?

Biggins
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Your example of your self is anecdotal at best.

How do you know you just don't do well with rice?

Also, fish oil > flax.

And you changed your macros - changing in carbs for fat...you could have just dropped some water.

And your original post asked about C + F meals - and you don't even have one of those in your new diet. So what point are you trying to make, exactly?

Ive tried at all...trust me.Bread,yams,oats it all equals different body compostition.I never said I dropped weight I just said that I look better,less bloat and a loooser feel in the pants.You could be right but for me I find that eating this way is better.Thats just me though and for many people carbs are awesome.

I agree about fish>flax just flax is cheaper for me.Was using Udo's choice blend for awhile but the price is outrageous.

About the pro or carb meals....I was just wondering out loud.Ive never been brave enuff to try it.

Biggins
07-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Bear with me here as Im just rambling

Ok,two days in and ive been sperating the pro from carbs.

My diet today....
5am----4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

7am----1/2 cup oats

9am----4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,bag of mixed nuts

11am---1/2 cup oats

1pm----4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,5 flax caps

4pm----4oz chicken breast,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

7pm----4oz lean steak,1 scoop whey,15 flax caps

Feel great when I eat my carb meals as I get vascular in forearms and energetic.Felt bad with first pro/fat meal yet I got a super energy burst with second pro/fat meal.Also on train ride home I didnt feel like death warmed over:)Seems im adapting to the lower carbs rather quick.

I thought of another reason why this way of eating could be better.Glycemic load is the amount of insulin depending on all variables of meal{pro and carbs}.Now we know we want less insulin right....if your taking in twice the amount of carbs its twice the insulin,right??

Yet we also know that a steak produces the same amount of insulin.So in effect by alternating between pro and carbs you have less insulin in your bloodstream at any given time.

ShockBoxer
07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
If you feel lousy eating a certain way, don't.

If you feel great eating a certain way, do.

Everyone is different. I subscribe to the school of thought that there were ripped Olympians back in the days before they knew what protein, fat, and carbohydrates were. Eat well, move a lot, win.

Biggins
07-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks man,thats good advice.

Ima heed the last line in your sig...

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg