PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet

Gunshow
07-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this diet? Its 4 weeks long and virtually all your nutrients come from supplements, except for 1 meal a week where you eat whole food. You eat a bit more calories then a PSMF diet, but stil extremely low, for a person who is 170 you would eat between 1300 and 1600 a day, which comes from protein shakes only... i don't know the link but the article is on T nation...

IZich
07-25-2007, 09:57 PM
did you do a search? I did one just now with "Velocity Diet" and got 4 hits with 100+ posts.

Gunshow
07-25-2007, 10:22 PM
yeah so did i, no one seems to post about their experience with this diet though and that's what i want to hear about. Success, failure, is it a good diet? did strength and muscle mass go up or down? all those questions i want to know the answer to... if not i guess i will be a guinea pig on this diet and let everyone else know how it goes.

mikey4402
07-25-2007, 11:19 PM
so its like a liquid diet? only benefit i would see in such a diet would be if you were bulking, its easier to drink your calories then eat them. However this is for a cut. I donít get the one whole foods meal a week.

Looks like garbage to me. Just keep it simple eat less calories then you burn in a day.

isosceles
07-26-2007, 04:49 AM
unfortunately ive done it. while it did drop weight fast (like 20 lbs in the 4 weeks) it is a lot of water weight, my strength maintained in just about all my lifts, went slightly down in some. i mean its a cool experiment if u will but i wouldnt do it again.

im gona go ahead and threadjack with this:
http://www.t-nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=658379

a LOT to read but if u get through it all it is definitely worth it.
t-nation = psychos, but ina good way

Al3X
07-26-2007, 07:00 AM
OP, I agree with what Mikey said. It's a liquid diet, so you'll be able to bulk easier, but with cutting you'll eat less - no pont. I think T-Nation is more of the psychotic gym rats. Some of the articles published, are interesting reads.

Clifford Gillmore
07-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Not doing it makes you a girl.

greekboy80
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I've done it, I liked it.

You need to be really, really diciplined(sp?) to do it correctly. Dont skimp on the supps either, get some casein in all of the shakes. I think that casein is the most important aspect of the diet.

What else are you thinking about?

jamrock
07-26-2007, 09:49 AM
I'd rather combine the Velocity diet with a PSMF. The principles are simple. Just enough healthy fats, maybe a little more. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of lbm. Little to no carbs, strict. Use a ****ing glucose pill (or pixie stick) and some caffeine/ephedrine for energy.

A few shakes (water, nitrean, fiberone), a few veggie salads and tuna/turkey/chicken, 2gal water, vitamins and tapering your calories down as you progress..

you will do just as good, with half the stress. my 2cents

I want to do a liquid bulk, no interest in a liquid cut tho.. heh..

Gunshow
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Not doing it makes you a girl.

lol i don't want that

I've done it, I liked it.

You need to be really, really diciplined(sp?) to do it correctly. Dont skimp on the supps either, get some casein in all of the shakes. I think that casein is the most important aspect of the diet.

What else are you thinking about?

PSMF and UD 2.0, i need to buy the books first though:)

I'd rather combine the Velocity diet with a PSMF. The principles are simple. Just enough healthy fats, maybe a little more. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of lbm. Little to no carbs, strict. Use a ****ing glucose pill (or pixie stick) and some caffeine/ephedrine for energy.

A few shakes (water, nitrean, fiberone), a few veggie salads and tuna/turkey/chicken, 2gal water, vitamins and tapering your calories down as you progress..

you will do just as good, with half the stress. my 2cents

I want to do a liquid bulk, no interest in a liquid cut tho.. heh..

I like the sounds of that. I might try something similar to this.

MMEI
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Tried it, its miserable. Why not eat the same macros, just using solid foods! If you are already starving yourself, why deprive yourself of the ability to chew? The diet is good because it removes a lot of guesswork, but if you are smart enough to coordinate and plan your diet, you can get similar success with solid foods.

Gunshow
07-26-2007, 04:52 PM
yeah i'm using the same basis, but i'm going to add in some solid food. Especially Post Workout. I'll probably have something like a tuna wrap after i work out. Plus i'm going to carb up on the weekends for one meal. I got all my supplements today, two types of protein, multi's, Omega Essential 3-6-9, and I'm still using Animal Pump. I haven't had any carbs all day, and my workout showed, i had no energy... even after taking Pump, which usually sky rockets my energy, i think i'm going to grab some caffiene pills, and switch my routine to a full body or a push pull, something that i can do 3 days instead of the 5 or 6 i'm doing now.

My official starting weight for this is 173 as of this morning after my piss. I'm hoping to drop to about 160-163. That should put me down to a good 11-13%BF i think. I'll use this thread to update if anybody is interested...

Al3X
07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Gunshow, just remember to stay focused and disciplined throughout this. You have the foundation, just apply! good luck, let us know how it goes.

Gunshow
07-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanks man. First day went decent, i was pretty hungry at some points and i had zero energy to work out. I need to make sure i'm getting enough sleep at night, and will probably take short naps throughout the day where i have time. Also I'm going to be picking up some ephedrine and caffiene today to help with the fatigue in the gym. One question, how many Omega pills should i be taking throughout the day. It says 3 but that is intended for someone who is getting fat from whole foods. I was thinking maybe 6?

phatmike
07-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey bro, did this a couple of years ago...you can read about it here...

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=62238

The fat loss was nice, but the biggest thing I gained from it was a craving for healthier foods, while killing off some old diet demons.

The heaviest I ever was was 245lb (at 5'9"). I got down to 225ish by eating clean and lifting. I felt stuck, and started the V-Diet at 224 or around there...

I ended the diet at 207lbs, and am currently sit at about 185-190, so I didn't have any regain of fat after the diet, and I was able to progress to where I am now.

Gunshow
07-30-2007, 10:44 PM
That sounds amazing^ I'm already down 3 lbs since i started. weighed in this morning at 170.

emjlr3
07-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Just enough healthy fats, maybe a little more. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of lbm. Little to no carbs, strict.

there is no way you are getting enough calories from that diet

say 175g prot = 700
75g fat = 675
0g carb = 0

right.....you would need easily as much carbs as protein to get near your calories so that you are not hugely under your maintnance

or up the protein and fat a lot

or the fat some, and the carbs to like 25%, like I did when I cut

Unholy
07-31-2007, 09:30 AM
I think you are missing the point of this diet.

Gunshow
07-31-2007, 04:43 PM
there is no way you are getting enough calories from that diet

say 175g prot = 700
75g fat = 675
0g carb = 0

You are correct. I'm eating 1300 cals on non lifting days, up to a maximum of 1600 on lifting days. Look up the Velocity Diet on Tnation, I used that as an outline for this diet.

Gunshow
07-31-2007, 04:45 PM
only huge difference is i'm eating whole food.. well tuna and tortilla's... and i'm not at 0carbs, just extremely low. For example today my only carbs came from a tuna wrap i had after my workout.

Biggins
07-31-2007, 06:41 PM
While not following this diet I am happy to read that a purely whey based diet works.Was worried with all I read about how whole foods are better.

I am just not big on eating chicken every 3 hrs.I cant stomach it and decided to try drinking my first 3 meals in whey.Been doing it for 2 days now and I love it.I wake up,microwave small bowl of oats,and drink a whey shake.Then every 3 hrs I have a whey shake that I mix up at work.Quick and easy and no measuring and cooking chicken every night before.Just fill my whey tub,bring my flax caps jar and shaker bottle and im off.Last 2 meals is chicken and steak.

Gunshow Im a little confused,From what I read about velocity diet its improved from the fat fast.The author states that he never goes above 100 gms carbs.Your doing keto so your not really following the velocity diet?Or are you and Im just confused?

Good luck,Gunshow

Gunshow
07-31-2007, 07:04 PM
I used the Velocity Diet as a base for the diet i'm doing. I'm eating the same amount of calories, mostly coming from whey. This would be better if i had a good blend of whey and casien, but I can't find one thats not on the internet, and my parents won't order stuff like that off the internet, also Casien supplements are too expensive and i'm on a tight budget right now lol. The velocity diet calls for no whole food, but i didn't like the idea of that so i added a tuna wrap for post workout rather than a post workout shake with a small amount of carbs in it. Everything else is basically the same as the velocity diet... Whole foods are definately better, as they're more nutritious, and to be honest i should just be doing a slow cut and eating below maintenance. However I don't really want to cut, i just wanted a break from bulking, and decided I would see if i could get my BF back down to about 12% or even 10%, because i want to bulk to 200 over the fall/winter/next summer/however long it takes me... I started at 150 at the beginning of grade 11, so almost 2 years ago, and now at 170 i'm at about 15% bf and i hold it all in my gut...So basically the plan is, quick cut, not worried about getting a 6 pack or anything, then right back onto a clean bulk nonstop until i reach 200.

Gunshow
07-31-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm down 3 or 4 pounds since last thursday, and i gotta admit i did cheat the first couple of nights. I smoke weed quite a bit, and I'm known to munch pretty hard... and the first two nights I ate 1) burger from McDicks 2) Taco Bell burritos... I quickly found out that blazing is going to have to stop if i want this to work, so now i'm not doing that for a while, and i'm really thinking about just leaving it out for a long while; not just for the diet.

Invain
07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
I think I remember reading BCC doing something like this when he was dieting for his show?

Gunshow
07-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah he did an all liquid diet using Nitrean, and Opticen for 4 months I think... I don't know what his calories were like but I don't think it was a huge deficit like what I'm doing... weird that i know that when i wasn't on this forum when he did that...

Gunshow
08-02-2007, 10:50 AM
It's been exactly a week now, I weigh 168 from a starting weight of 173... I've actually lost about 3/4" to 1" off my waist and i can see a little more definition, especially when i'm working out. I saw veins in my shoulders yesterday, which i've never had before... so overall no complaints, I have added a bit more whole food, but i work it in to my calories... Yesterday I had a big steak for dinner it was awesome...

emjlr3
08-02-2007, 09:25 PM
so the point is to just eat 1500 calories under maint? doesn't sound like much of a diet, more like starving yourself...

deeder
08-02-2007, 10:02 PM
so the point is to just eat 1500 calories under maint? doesn't sound like much of a diet, more like starving yourself...

Why don't you go read about it? :thumbup:

Gunshow
08-02-2007, 10:34 PM
That would be a start:)

emjlr3
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
couldn't care less, or in other words, would rather have some one give me the jist, cuz I am perfectly satisfied with not knowing how it works, and in no way care to read about a diet that seems lke something i would never care to do

Clifford Gillmore
08-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Down to sub 220lbs folks, and I'm pretty much doing the V-Diet Lite, I'm having 90g of carbs from protein bars and 1lbs of tuna in the evening.

Gunshow
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
yeah i read about the Lite, what did you start at? how long have you been on it?

deeder
08-03-2007, 07:59 PM
couldn't care less, or in other words, would rather have some one give me the jist, cuz I am perfectly satisfied with not knowing how it works, and in no way care to read about a diet that seems lke something i would never care to do

You got the jist: It's a liquid diet where you're way under maintenance. Now if you wanted to stop sounding like an ignorant prick you'd either stop posting in this thread or you'd go inform yourself.

Gunshow
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok i'm done with this diet, for now... I was on it for two weeks now, i dropped 10 lbs, but the fat was coming off all the wrong places. Lost an inch on my legs, half inch on my chest, half inch off my waist, gained 1/4inch on my arms... My love handles did go down a bit which is good, but the reason i'm stopping is that i'm getting too light... I think for me to look shredded right now i would need to get down to about 155, and i am probably going to be playing football this fall since i dont start college till january, and i don't think my coach would want 150 lb linebackers. So now i'm going back to bulking, i'm just going to keep it clean and try to get to 200...

LouPac
08-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Coming off all the wrong places? It's fat, you want it to come off no matter where it is. You gained a 1/4" on your arms which is a good sign, I don't see why you're complaining.

Gunshow
08-10-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't mean it in a way that i'm complaining, i'm just stopping because i don't want to weigh less thant 160 lol, i'll do a normal cut when i get to 200, or above 18% BF... until then i would rather just keep working on mass, after all this is wannabebig.com, not wannalooklikeaswimmer.com....