PDA

View Full Version : Dieting ideas ( need opinion)

Jinkies
07-26-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm trying to drop to a more functional level or weight, 270 at 5 11 is pretty big and i'm looking to move to around 239 so my mma performance will improve.

I started off with a 4 day ketogenic diet to and on day 5 I decided to start adding carbs in slowly in my first meal.

Basic outline of what I eat
breakfast-2 packets of oatmeal (70 grams of carbs only source for the whole diet) then a 75 gram protein shake mixed with water.

snack 75 gram protien shake
gym

lunch- a pound of meat, source varies

Snack 75 gram protein shake

Snack bag of jerky, 75 gram protein shake

Dinner-another pound of meat, this time with ketchup

Before bed- 75 gram protein sake of casein for slow digesting purposes.

Every meal is eaten 1-2 hours after the next one depending on how hunger, protein shakes make increase if hungry.

I know its really a sloppy way to chart it but I plan on eating no carbs after breakfast or before a workout, trying to keep protein above 400 so maintain as much muscle mass as possible.

can anyone give my any opinions or advice for if im going in the right direction

Unholy
07-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Stop with the 2 packets of oatmeal in the morning. Have eggs, if you want some carbs in the day eat them around workouts so you have energy.

Built
07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Why carbs in the AM, but none around your training?

Doesn't make much sense.

Unholy
07-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Poser.

Jinkies
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Im trying to keep carbs out on my body around my workout time so my body isn't relying on them for energy, read an article that recomended avoiding them an hour or so before a workout.

Not sure how reliable the article was but hey thats why I posted, to get advice from those who know more then me

Built
07-27-2007, 03:20 AM
You're more insulin sensitive after lifting. If you're only gonna eat carbs once during the day, that's the time.