PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you want to drink?

ArmandSV
07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
so I want to go get drunk, its been a long time and a very cute
girl I want to go party with, is motivating me to go out.

so do you subtract what you plan to drink from your daily calories, or do you just say fudge it and accept the day as a loss.

If i normally eat 2000 cals a day, I could stop at 1400 and have 5 shots tonight.
That should get me good and buzzed.

or do i just have the 5 shots ontop of the 2000 calories?

currently my answer to this problem, is not to go out and stay home, which is fine, its way healthier, but it does lead to lack of interaction with girls and has gotten a little boring.

so what do you do? (btw not drinking and being out around drunks is kinda torture for me)

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Just go out and have fun. One day won't kill you. Unless you drive drunk...then that might kill you...

Biggins
07-26-2007, 06:45 PM
My goodness:eek:

I cut my drinking to once a week nowadays.But when I go out on friday I go out!!!15 beers is normal with a shot here or there.Then on saturday I do my cheat day and dont really pig out as bad as if I hadnt drank.

Oh and get real...a cute chick wants you to go out with her.....go out and have a good time.Your not competing for the olympia,just competing for yourself so you can excuse yourself:)

Have fun and be right back on track the next day.Or have a refeed day all day saturday just dont eat 3 super sized triple whoppers with cheese and mayo and a second trip back to coke machine for ride home:rolleyes:

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Cheating randomly is not all that bad, test nation had an article saying that really only 90percent of your diet has to be in check.
It is good to stick with high alcohol drinks as they have less empty calories, but hopefully the "cardio" that you two do later will be enough to counterbalance it.

OFF TOPIC:Glad to see you are back with us Scarz...hope things are alittle better

VikingWarlord
07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Just do it. Don't do it a lot, but going out and having a good time tonight won't hurt anything, unless you start playing with fireworks.

KobeWillVindic8
07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Cheating randomly is not all that bad, test nation had an article saying that really only 90percent of your diet has to be in check.
It is good to stick with high alcohol drinks as they have less empty calories, but hopefully the "cardio" that you two do later will be enough to counterbalance it.

OFF TOPIC:Glad to see you are back with us Scarz...hope things are alittle better

:strong:

MMEI
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Get your protein in, and cut out some carbs/fats in your diet since you'll be drinking them.

Chubrock
07-27-2007, 10:06 AM

The idea behind this is consistenancy. If you follow a clean, healthy diet, 90% of the time, you should be fine. With that said, if the other 10% of your diet actually encompasses the majority of your calories, you may run into problems.

KingWilder
07-27-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't even worry about it

just go out and have a good time

Biggins
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I just remembered this.In the past I have used drinking as a way to refeed glycogen stores.Depending on how many beers you can either go lite beer or if you is a lightweight then drink regular as it has more carbs.Of course this is only if yuou eat low carb during the week.

Hatred
07-27-2007, 04:01 PM
so I want to go get drunk, its been a long time and a very cute
girl I want to go party with, is motivating me to go out.

so do you subtract what you plan to drink from your daily calories, or do you just say fudge it and accept the day as a loss.

If i normally eat 2000 cals a day, I could stop at 1400 and have 5 shots tonight.
That should get me good and buzzed.

or do i just have the 5 shots ontop of the 2000 calories?

currently my answer to this problem, is not to go out and stay home, which is fine, its way healthier, but it does lead to lack of interaction with girls and has gotten a little boring.

so what do you do? (btw not drinking and being out around drunks is kinda torture for me)

1) Grow some willpower.
2) or realize that your dedication to the sport is not really that serious so screw it...
3) Get some GHB and everyone wins.

One thing I noticed you said was " This girl is motivating me to go out and get drunk"

I see:

"This girl is distracting me and ruining my productive motivations"

**** the calories... Even if you try to fit em in Alcohol destroys protein synthesis. Go nuts. Just don't get whiskeydick. Whiskeydick sucks.

Cirino83
07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
1) Grow some willpower.
2) or realize that your dedication to the sport is not really that serious so screw it...
3) Get some GHB and everyone wins.

One thing I noticed you said was " This girl is motivating me to go out and get drunk"

I see:

**** the calories... Even if you try to fit em in Alcohol destroys protein synthesis. Go nuts. Just don't get whiskeydick. Whiskeydick sucks.

lol :evillaugh :evillaugh

MMEI
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey, hes lifting partly to look good and get more girls. Whats the point of getting a better body if you can't have some fun once in a while?

ArmandSV
07-27-2007, 05:45 PM

I see:

what you see is the truth.

here is the follow up. by the time I got home, I was beat, so I stayed home.
I really wanted to go to the club that night because a sic house DJ from vegas was spinning and I like what he does, and the cute girl I was chasing was also going, so thats a plus.

but I stayed home, even though she thought I was going to the same place, but I recieved no texts or calls from her all night long asking where I was, so now I'm over her.

I know this reads sad but, I have had perfect motivation towards lifting and my research for past few months till her. She was a minor 3 week distraction, that only caused the diet to be broken twice. I'm kinda glad she is gone, I'm not ready to be distracted, and be cheating from my diet. I really don't want to cheat with alcohol.

I could say I miss girls and partying but I dont, the gym is so rewarding right now, that jeporadizing my morning work out, is not worth it to me. Also I spend so much energy tracking my cut and BF% that to blow it all now would be stupid. Also my work has improved and the amount of work I need to do keeps increasing, so going out would take up time I dont have.

speaking of, I'm going back to work....

in 8 months when my BF% is sub 10%, I'm sure I will be able to pull any girl I want, or at least the muscles wont hurt the process

BigBossMan
07-28-2007, 01:33 AM
I don't drink anymore but when I did there is no way i could go out and not drink...I have trouble socializing without booze. Anyways I think you made the right call. Besides, if a girl was really into you she would encourage you in your goals not try and distract you from them. Just wait till she runs into you six months from now...she be like have you been working out? You look good.;) It happened to me one time....but I hadn't been working out i just got fat..LOL

Bikkstah
07-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Shots with diet soda. You get drunk quicker and it's calorie free!

Gunshow
08-01-2007, 11:15 PM
President's Choice 2.5g Carb Beer. Go buy a 12 box and have fun... If they don't have that where you are, try Sleeman's Clear... healthyish beer.

Unreal
08-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Shots with diet soda. You get drunk quicker and it's calorie free!

Shots have calories. I believe a shot of alcohol is 60-75 cals.

Sensei
08-02-2007, 07:30 AM
what you see is the truth.

here is the follow up. by the time I got home, I was beat, so I stayed home.
I really wanted to go to the club that night because a sic house DJ from vegas was spinning and I like what he does, and the cute girl I was chasing was also going, so thats a plus.

but I stayed home, even though she thought I was going to the same place, but I recieved no texts or calls from her all night long asking where I was, so now I'm over her.

I know this reads sad but, I have had perfect motivation towards lifting and my research for past few months till her. She was a minor 3 week distraction, that only caused the diet to be broken twice. I'm kinda glad she is gone, I'm not ready to be distracted, and be cheating from my diet. I really don't want to cheat with alcohol.

I could say I miss girls and partying but I dont, the gym is so rewarding right now, that jeporadizing my morning work out, is not worth it to me. Also I spend so much energy tracking my cut and BF% that to blow it all now would be stupid. Also my work has improved and the amount of work I need to do keeps increasing, so going out would take up time I dont have.

speaking of, I'm going back to work....

in 8 months when my BF% is sub 10%, I'm sure I will be able to pull any girl I want, or at least the muscles wont hurt the processOne night will blow away all the progress you've made. You missed out on a chance to really enjoy yourself and get together with someone you're interested in... I understand wanting to avoid distraction, but, IMHO, you're going a bit too far. Maybe that's what you need - I don't know, but, as a family guy, I could not do that.

Coqui
08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Why get drunk? Why not just have a couple of drinks?

Rusty
08-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Just sniff some glue...... That should give you a good buzz, and won't effect protein synthesis.

Unreal
08-02-2007, 09:34 AM
One thing I found is going out with a girl and having a few drinks isn't bad at all, but one thing you have to be looking for is dating a girl that constantly wants to do that. If a girl you are interested in wants to go drink every weekend, and it goes from once every blue moon to a weekly thing because that is what she likes, then it is a problem. My current girlfriend doesn't drink at all, so no temptation to go drink and no wasted money on alcohol for her.

Jinkies
08-02-2007, 10:14 AM
If your gonna drink just make sure to get laid so you can burn all the extra calories

sharkall2003
08-02-2007, 10:15 AM
One thing I found is going out with a girl and having a few drinks isn't bad at all, but one thing you have to be looking for is dating a girl that constantly wants to do that. If a girl you are interested in wants to go drink every weekend, and it goes from once every blue moon to a weekly thing because that is what she likes, then it is a problem. My current girlfriend doesn't drink at all, so no temptation to go drink and no wasted money on alcohol for her.

:withstupi