PDA

View Full Version : Can I invest in Atlarge nutrition?

nejar462
07-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Is AtLarge nutrition currently looking into investors?

I don't have much money now, but in a few months I may have around 40-50k. If other people invested it might be a sizable portion.

I'm just curious because it would be an exciting opportunity.

Bako Lifter
07-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey, that's a good idea. You're talking like stock market stuff right? I would definately do it if I wasn't a kid without a job.

Chubrock
07-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Haha, I highly doubt At Large is a publicly traded company.

chris mason
07-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Just send the money to me!!!! ;)

Jk, actually, we are flattered that you would consider investing in our company. We are privately owned for the time being and plan to remain that way for the forseeable future. Thanks again!

Chris

HahnB
07-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Haha, I highly doubt At Large is a publicly traded company.

Very few supplement companies are. I'd be interested to know which ones are other than GNC. I couldn't think of any off the top of my head.

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Well you can definately have investor needs without dealing with "trade corps"

Especially with a company that needs advertisement (not in anyway an insult).

deeder
07-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Is AtLarge nutrition currently looking into investors?

I don't have much money now, but in a few months I may have around 40-50k. If other people invested it might be a sizable portion.

I'm just curious because it would be an exciting opportunity.

Of course you can. Send them 40-50k and they'll send you 40-50k worth of merchandise. Then, when WW3 goes down and you're the only person who thought to store all that protein powder away in a bomb shelter... Well, you get the idea... You'll be worth more cigarettes than anyone on the planet!!!

In all seriousness, if you guys ever went into stores I'd definitely want a piece of the action. I can see ALN being huge in the future as long as your suppliers can handle the increased demand for quality product.

Al3X
07-27-2007, 06:23 AM
pretty please, Chris?

nejar462
07-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Ok I was just curious, I'd want to go through all the accounting information first, but I'd like to invest in a company that I know has good management and a solid product.

Twan
07-28-2007, 09:43 PM
AtLarge should consider opening up small booths in malls. I mean, just renting a table, sending each supplier 10 tubs of all your product, and reporting back monthly, you could probably increase profits. Mall tables are cheap, too.

Hatred
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm a seasoned meathead and can count the number of Times I've been to the mall on my left foot.

deeder
07-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm a seasoned meathead and can count the number of Times I've been to the mall on my left foot.

Why would you count on your left foot? :scratch:

I agree though, I don't think tables at the mall are a good idea :p

Joe Black
07-31-2007, 12:54 AM
We do have plans to shift away from only internet sales, but probably not this year. In the future though we do expect you to be able to purchase AtLarge Nutrition supplements at your local supplement store!

Talking_God
07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Any idea how marked up (% wise) they'd likely be in stores?

Joe Black
07-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I doubt we would have any control of that.

Most supplement companies tend to work with a large distributor who would buy the products from a company and then distribute them to stores and other companies and it would be up to them to mark it up... This is why you see lots of variations of prices, sales etc..

But.. we are quite some way from that yet :)

Cut150
07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Where in New York is the store that does sell your products? I read about it in another thread.

chris mason
08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Where in New York is the store that does sell your products? I read about it in another thread.

There are a couple of gyms, but the one that first comes to mind is the Iron Asylum Gym: http://www.ironasylumgym.com/enter

Chris

Cut150
08-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Okay, thanks. I thought maybe you had one in New York City or maybe one of the boroughs.