PDA

View Full Version : Taliesin is gaelic for Transformation

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey all,

I am not new to lifting but I am new to cutting...

I am an ex-football player (played from 7th grade til junior year) in which the entire time I weight trained. The routine was ridiculously high voume and we were constantly running therefore my gains were not greatly impressive. During the off season I ate like a madman, fast food, hot dogs, lunchmeat, anything that was fast, cheap and tasty. Every year I gained a substantial amount of muscle and a whole lotta fat. I didn't take football serious, nor the lifting, but what I did take serious was the partying...as long as it didn't involve a needle I was game. Stupid...I know; however Eastern Kentucky is overrun by kids raising kids, and both generations are always looking for a buzz.
Now after 8 years of partying I am much wiser but more importantly I don't want to die. I am 6'3'' 330 lbs body fat unknown. But it is high...
I have always looked alot stronger than I actually am. My upper body is much larger than my lower, structure, fat and muscle. I am about the size of several guys in the worlds strongest man competitions, with no where near the strength.
My stomach (pushing out not sucking in) is 56in
My chest is 59"
My shoulders are 27" wide
My arms are 20.5" flexed
My thighs are 28" flexed
My calves are 19.5"
My waist is 36.5"

Three years ago I started a job doing construction and was working alot. I took the job when I weighed almost 400 even. Last year around July I weighed 254. I had started dropping weight and loved it, so I started running, beating the **** oughtta a punching bag til I had no energy and kinda lifting again (total gym and a curl bar):redface: but more importantly...I kinda stopped eating. I would drink a weight loss shake (equate Strawberries N Cream) in the morning, go to class for 4 hours then go work construction for 6 hours, go by wendys and grab a baked potatoe and a caeser side salad. then go to my girlfriends house and snort some tabs (prescript pain killers), and take about 10 shots of Ron Diaz Spiced Rum, eat some Coricidin (contains DXM) and party. - Very descrtuctive - That lasted about 8 months. That's how I went from 350ish to 254. I had gotten, as you all call it, skinny fat.
I injured myself at work, dislocated thumb, when the thumb went out of the socket tissue moved in then when the thumb went back after the swelling was gone my thumb was grinding that tissue into the socket...it sucked. I was out of commission (work and lifting) for 7 months. I was also on narcotic pain killers (the shame is I needed them). I gained back60 pounds.
So in March-ish I started lifting again, I researched everything I could...lingered here for the past 4 months. I bought a rack (not a cage) Impex MP 12.2, with high, low and adjustable pulley and about 300# of std. plates, 4 adjustable dumbs, a squat box and a mat. I started Rippletoes SS program and am making decent gains but I am more concerned about fat loss than muscle gains.

I am now on a 4 day split which I will post very shortly. Critiques are ok, especially if it is advice on deadlift placement (hint hint).

My goals are overall to be more healthy, the extra weight is bad for my heart and the years of destruction I have done do not help. More specifically I want to cut, add size to my triceps, delts, quads and glutes. My biceps are rather large from years of being a curl jockey, being a tall lineman, and working as a "construction mule". My shoulders are structurally wide but I want bigger delts to make me look even broader. My legs are (as I said earlier) too small and I have no ass...at all, I am not sure how my pants stay on as long as they do. I also want to work on my back, not particularly size but strength 'cause I have a tendacy to slump. Deadlifts...I know...

I recently got a fitday.com account and am afraid to use it. My diet is the worst part. It is very random. For a whole week I will be great on it then 3 days of buffets. I have a problem with not eating at all and completely overeating for 1 meal. I am trying to coach myself that eating is so you don't get hungry instead of eating to cure hunger. 6 small meals a day is not hard I just need to plan them better and stick with it.

I think that covers everything...

Thanks guys for all the advice so far and the endless advice in the future.

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 07:19 PM
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1594/4daysplithc9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 07:22 PM
DATE:
Run down of routine with weight adjustment

Weight loss change

Schedule for day including diet/supplements

VikingWarlord
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar. I offer mine as a response. ;)

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde

EDIT: I just noticed your avatar. I offer mine as a response. ;)

Then you know that taliesin is actually a mythologically name not really the translation of transformation

What does yours mean???

VikingWarlord
07-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Then you know that taliesin is actually a mythologically name not really the translation of transformation

What does yours mean???

Yeah, I know the story of Taliesin, but I was referring to your avatar...the picture under your name and what the translation means.

My name is a reference to the fact that I'm an oversized, angry individual with long hair, a beard, a penchant for meelee weaponry, and happen to be of Celtic Norse descent. ;)

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Yea, I got that

what does Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde mean?

VikingWarlord
07-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Yea, I got that

what does Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde mean?

Depending on the translation, it's "Beware the anger/wrath of a patient man".

Taliesin
07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Beware the wrath of a patient man

I like it!

nddillon
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
You got that routine from a Toddy's training site didn't you? You added Deads and moved the ab work. Your abs may get overworked as a result. Squats and deads work your abs quite abit.

That is kinda high volume for a cut...

Where in Ky are you from?

Have you ever considered MMA training as Cardio?

Irish Pride!

Taliesin
07-27-2007, 03:31 PM
You got that routine from a Toddy's training site didn't you? You added Deads and moved the ab work. Your abs may get overworked as a result. Squats and deads work your abs quite abit.

That is kinda high volume for a cut...

Where in Ky are you from?

Have you ever considered MMA training as Cardio?

Irish Pride!

Yea, I like this split the best. I love the short (but intense) leg days, I hate leg day unless it is short. I am thinking about dropping deads all together, my straight leg dead lift is working my lower back well enough.
I naturally have a tendacy to slump my shoulders though, deadlifts are the best for my posterior chain right?

I am trying to figure out the most I can do without losing strength on my cut.

I am from the Rowan area. You from Ky?

I love MMA but have no place in the area to train/exercise.

My daily page will be up later tonight...I just got offa work.

Taliesin
07-27-2007, 11:58 PM
DATE: Friday July 27, 2007
Run down of routine with weight adjustment

Quad Day
5x6 Squat below parallel-------------150lbs no change
2x8 StepUps-------------------------80lbs no change
2x8 Pigeon Calf Raises---------------225lbs no change

I am thinking I will take the abs and obliques work back to leg day.

30mSS Jogging = 4.5 laps of jogging, 1.5 laps walking

Weight loss change 338lbs@915am
No change

Schedule for day including diet/supplements

Breakfast - 4 Egg whites/2 Eggs, bagel with Fat Free cream cheese
-10am - 5pm Work-
handful of dehydrated apples and bananas
creatine in protein shake (powder and water)
-5pm - 7pm Dinner and shower
5 steamed carrots and chicken breast and 2 oatmeal cookies
-7pm-Quad day and 30mn of SS jogging at high school track then deep stretches
-11pm BranFlakes with milk

[/LIST]