PDA

View Full Version : Whats this eating clean Bull ****

eddie500
07-27-2007, 02:05 PM
I keep hearing people talk about eating clean, like its going to get them bigger gains. Trying to eat clean on a bulk is probably not the best idea because you might not eat enough fats and overall calories.

I mean as long as your getting enough high quality protein, fats,carbs etc. Does it really matter clean or not? I mean what is dirty eating? Like eating potato chips? Well a pototato chip is just mostly a Potato and oil and stuff. There might be some bad stuff like a little bit of partially hydrogenated vegtible oil that may be bad for you but thats not going to matter at all for building muscle.

If you take what people consider dirty food, and split up their ingredients, they are all basic stuff that is found in healty food.

I think its hard to explain what I mean, maybe someone can tell me why eating clean or dirty matters at all for a bulk?

Questor
07-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Amen. Though I try to keep my carbs and particularly my sugars down as much as possible, even while bulking, other than that, I don't particularly care what it is. I eat pizza, cheeseburgers, etc. So long as I stay in my set macros, I don't give a flying **** out a rolling doughnut.

Cirino83
07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I keep hearing people talk about eating clean, like its going to get them bigger gains. Trying to eat clean on a bulk is probably not the best idea because you might not eat enough fats and overall calories.

Huh? Just eat more cheese, nuts, pb, etcs...

I mean as long as your getting enough high quality protein, fats,carbs etc. Does it really matter clean or not? I mean what is dirty eating? Like eating potato chips? Well a pototato chip is just mostly a Potato and oil and stuff. There might be some bad stuff like a little bit of partially hydrogenated vegtible oil that may be bad for you but thats not going to matter at all for building muscle.

If you take what people consider dirty food, and split up their ingredients, they are all basic stuff that is found in healty food.

maybe, maybe not. but the clean food doesn't have an abundance of crap.

I think its hard to explain what I mean, maybe someone can tell me why eating clean or dirty matters at all for a bulk?

it doesn't. you will gain weight either way, maybe even faster on a dirty bulk because cals are easier to come by. just don't expect to not have alot of excess fat you'll have to shed on the cut rather than if you kept it somewhat clean.

samj
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
To the OP GOOD LUCK TO YOU! you wont progress to far.
I will stick to healthy food bulk and cut:D :thumbup:

Questor
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Because we all know that unsaturated fat in peanut butter will keep you lean, whereas unsaturated fat in potato chips will make you fat.

Just like chicken protein keeps you lean, whereas protein in a burger makes you fat.

To the OP: might as well delete your account now, you've threatened the dogma of the arm chair nutritionists on this board. You will be castigated and outcast.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Because eating like crap over an extended period of time is bound to give you some health problems that aren't exactly a reason to jump for joy. And it's quite easy to obtain a crapload of calories eating "clean" and healthy. You're not looking in the right places.

deeder
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Sure it's easy to gain weight if you eat a bunch of ****. But come on, you don't think it's better for your health to eat healthy foods?

Questor
07-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Because eating like crap over an extended period of time is bound to give you some health problems that aren't exactly a reason to jump for joy. And it's quite easy to obtain a crapload of calories eating "clean" and healthy. You're not looking in the right places.

It is true that eating crap over an extended period of time is bound to give me health problems. I don't need to say here that saturated fat and trans fats are bad for me. However I intentionally eat plenty of fiber, as a way of perhaps blunting these effects somewhat. (the catch 22 there is that I'm probably robbing myself of some of the very calories I had hoped for via the fiber)

Fact is though that I'm bulking to a specific goal. I think most people are. I don't plan on bulking for the rest of my life, or even for years. When finished, I suppose my bulk will have taken about a 10 months or so. I'm nearing halfway through and 15.7% bf.

After my bulk, I'll cut, and then settle into a prolonged maint (plus a wee bit extra). It will be clean eating for the rest of my life.

And that's it...

I'm much more concerned about dying in traffic than having congestive heart failure at 30.

------------------------

About finding abundant calories in clean food at the same price point, I don't believe it. Our lard ass culture has popularized crappy food. It's mass produced, so it's cheaper. And it's concentrated. Scarz I know you've seen the site comparing 200 calories of various foods:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm

You have to eat a lot of veggies to get X calories. You have to eat very little cheeseburger to get X calories.

There's lots of exceptions, of course.

Pure oil and nuts are dense with calories. I eat a lot of them. Just because they're healthy doesn't mean I abstain, - quite the opposite. I try to get as much healthy food as possible. But when I know I'm running low on calories, and I don't have more than $1, well it's double cheeseburger time.

The other important exception, as I mentioned right off the bat, is that I try to keep trash carbs and sugars out of my diet entirely. I have no problem eating oatmeal. But white bread and sugar, well, even on a bulk I avoid that stuff. Talk about actually making you fat.

IZich
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM

There is much more to health than calories and macronutrients.

If you're saying there is no difference between clean and dirty foods, then please go on an all ice-cream diet with bacon and come back in a year with your monstrous gains. That'll prove me wrong.

Hatred
07-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Another brilliant post brought to you for the National Institute of Misinformation and Partial Understanding...where our motto is "N.I.M.P.U~ Meh. Whatever"

eddie500
07-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree with that eating clean is better for your health, but for building muscle it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as your eating the right amount of calories and carbs/protein/fats.

That was my main argument is that it doesn't matter for building muscle. But most of the guys who post with problems and say "I'm eating clean" I usually think they are probably not eating properly, like their cutting out fats and stuff which are important.

Outshine
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM

:withstupi

LouPac
07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with that eating clean is better for your health, but for building muscle it doesn't really matter what you eat as long as your eating the right amount of calories and carbs/protein/fats.

That was my main argument is that it doesn't matter for building muscle. But most of the guys who post with problems and say "I'm eating clean" I usually think they are probably not eating properly, like their cutting out fats and stuff which are important.

You're still wrong.

LouPac
07-27-2007, 07:39 PM
To the OP: might as well delete your account now, you've threatened the dogma of the arm chair nutritionists on this board. You will be castigated and outcast.

Maybe you should actually get to a decent weight before you start patting yourself on the back that you know how to bulk.

Alex.V
07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Because we all know that unsaturated fat in peanut butter will keep you lean, whereas unsaturated fat in potato chips will make you fat.

Just like chicken protein keeps you lean, whereas protein in a burger makes you fat.

bahahahahaha. You rock. Marry me.

PS I'm drunk.

Scorpion
07-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Transfats and hydrogenated fats are gunna effect your insulin ... Your bodys response of insulin with glucose intake will make more insulin stay in your blood for longer, and increase insulin resistance.

Not a good idea if you're aiming to re-sensitize your insulin to help you with better/cleaner gains, hydrogenated/trans fats lead to diabetes, so for those that are diabetic, these types of fats are the worse types to eat as it'll just degenerate their pancreas further (if i remember correctly lol)

Why not just stuck to good old peanut butter if you're looking for more quick calories? And it's gunna be alot cleaner. Dont quite see the point in eating dirty and having to later go on a cut and clean your diet up? Would save you time and health problems just by eating clean.

samj
07-29-2007, 04:43 AM

Get some pics of your physique up i will bet mines better and i am health mad i have had about 2 maybe 3 cheat meals in about 5/6 months.

Stumprrp
07-29-2007, 08:44 AM
i wont lie, ive been eating like crap for 1 year and my lifts + size are better, however my cardio isnt that good, im only 17 so its ok for now but your better off eating wholesome foods.

the french toast i had for breakfast that was stuffed with cheese and bacon is NOT wholesome food, lol.

Alex.V
07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Get some pics of your physique up i will bet mines better and i am health mad i have had about 2 maybe 3 cheat meals in about 5/6 months.

Care to compare?

WORLD
07-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I think we have a challenge...

WillKuenzel
07-29-2007, 10:34 AM
Get some pics of your physique up i will bet mines better and i am health mad i have had about 2 maybe 3 cheat meals in about 5/6 months.That's a whole lot of ego for little kid.

Al3X
07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Dont quite see the point in eating dirty and having to later go on a cut and clean your diet up? Would save you time and health problems just by eating clean.

:withstupi

Belial shut up. We all know your the 'mighty one' with all the answers. :)

Unholy
07-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't believe Alex will post pics =O

DarrenEff
07-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Another brilliant post brought to you for the National Institute of Misinformation and Partial Understanding...where our motto is "N.I.M.P.U~ Meh. Whatever"

hahahaha I absolutely lost my mind when I read this outloud, you never fail to make my day Hatred.

TopCat
07-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Dead calories = most food on a dirty bulk. Why would food be called dead calories? Because they lack the vitamins, minerals, and EFAs required by your body.

sharkall2003
07-29-2007, 10:54 AM

You must not be that health mad. Why would you even have a cheat meal?

Set your ego aside.

Eating clean, in my opinion, is better for long-term health and fitness goals. Of course, you'll have a few outcasts (genetic phenoms) that sway the scale. However, this is uncommon.

samj
07-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Care to compare?
was i talking to you? unless you have pics of yourself at 17 that will do.

why would i have a cheat meal? would you be the odd one out and not go for a meal with the family?

sharkall2003
07-29-2007, 11:50 AM
was i talking to you? unless you have pics of yourself at 17 that will do.

why would i have a cheat meal? would you be the odd one out and not go for a meal with the family?

Went on a date last night to a taco joint. I said "half the cheese, no sour cream, heavy on the steak, and make sure you drain the legumes fully". OH yeah, I didn't have any of the taco chips that I was given and I gladly drank a water. There are plenty of times when board members do not go out to eat because of their diet.

Edit: I'm not going to compare, but I've got pictures at 210 that aren't too shaby. They were taken when I was 17 years and one or two months.

Alex.V
07-29-2007, 11:53 AM
was i talking to you?

Damn, and the lil' pud's got some attitude in him as well. hahaha

samj
07-29-2007, 12:02 PM
i do eat well at most restaurants but what do you do at an indian!?

belial so you eat crap? you jumped in when i was talking to the OP. You best go the gym and release some of that "roid rage"

sharkall2003
07-29-2007, 12:05 PM

belial so you eat crap? you jumped in when i was talking to the OP. You best go the gym and release some of that "roid rage"

I'm feelin' ya there. Those indians make some wicked ass food that you can't even remotely try and make better.

Unholy
07-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Ignorance is bliss. :thumbup:

Bako Lifter
07-29-2007, 12:06 PM
To Samj:

You can eat crap and look good too.

Detard
07-29-2007, 12:36 PM
http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/2/f/b/8/highres_612216.jpeg

samj
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
what the hell is that?

redFury
07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
To Samj:

You can eat crap and look good too.

I think some people can do this too... for example, you don't even want to know how much ice cream/potato chips/mayo/pizza goes into my body each week. Of course, I do think eating clean would be beneficial as well.

samj
07-29-2007, 01:44 PM
if i ate all that i would be really fay 30% bf+ is amazing how slow my metabolism must be.

Unholy
07-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Um you would be fat if you ate an extreme surplus of "clean" cals as well.

samj
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
i know but the clean foods are not so calorie dense

samj
07-29-2007, 01:49 PM
unholy how come you are on my back i can only squat you 20times then i am dead.

Unholy
07-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not on your back QT pie.

Saying you could squat me 20 times followed by death is an incorrect statement, though I doubt you could get me on your back let alone long enough to squat me even once.

Oh I'm just bored because its raining and I have no where to play handball.

sharkall2003
07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
i know but the clean foods are not so calorie dense

Can you tell me what your point is? If you're bulking, and it's a dirty bulk, then overall health is not a big deal to you.

samj
07-29-2007, 02:03 PM
but i wouldnt be dirty bulking?:scratch:

samj
07-29-2007, 02:04 PM
i was going by weight unholy

Alex.V
07-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Aww, buddy, you gotta relax a little bit. You've got plenty of years left in your life to be all hardcore and bitter.

Does your mom know you're so rude to people on the internet? :)

I don't eat crap. But I don't obsess about my diet. When I was younger and knew everything I was on a very restrictive diet. Since relaxing my diet, I've noticed no negative changes in my physique, but life's gotten a lot better in other respects.

Keep lifting, kid. In a few years you might start to see where some other people are coming from.

Chubrock
07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
No Alex! No being nice, even if in a sarcastic tone.

Alex.V
07-29-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm trying to turn over a new leaf.

I figure if I'm less confrontational, maybe trolls (see the "how far can you run" thread) and kids still in the throes of puberty will stop trying to call me out.

I'll lose patience eventually.

Until then, smooches for everyone. Mother****ers.

Con
07-29-2007, 02:42 PM
I think an equal medium is the best bet for most people.

Just from my experience, when you have bigger problems than what you look like and the quality of your diet, then you will realize how fickle you were for not eating some junk from time to time. Enjoy life, and work towards your goals. Im 18 and just learning this, time to put it to practice.

JustLost
07-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Um you would be fat if you ate an extreme surplus of "clean" cals as well.

Yeah, but it would be clean fat!

Chubrock
07-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I hear ya man. I've tried the whole being nice thing. Led me to being bagged on by some douche bag.

samj
07-29-2007, 03:29 PM
chubrook were them 6,765 posts of yours of any use? judging by your stats....no

I am obssesed with my diet but i am sure it will calm down eventually.

anyway am done with this site theres to much test flyin around ye i wanna be big but i wanna wipe my ass too and be able to fight.

Alex.V
07-29-2007, 03:44 PM
anyway am done with this site theres to much test flyin around ye i wanna be big but i wanna wipe my ass too and be able to fight.

I find it funny that you're the only one getting your panties all in a twist. If anything, the only one being defensive and angry is YOU.

Good luck to you, either way. I encourage you to keep an open mind about these things, especially your diet. You're too young to obsess so much about it, and, as I said before, the gains from such obsession are minimal.

And in the future, you'd do well to be less rude and confrontational on this site, should you choose to post again. You managed to come across as an arrogant little punk, and you're being treated as such.

sharkall2003
07-29-2007, 04:34 PM

I am obssesed with my diet but i am sure it will calm down eventually.

Please don't be so ignorant. If you knew what goes into a gym lift, you wouldn't say ****. I've been under the bar doing squats with an asthma attack, I've done deadlifts with two pulled muscles and a stomach virus. And there are plenty that have went lifting when worse than that.

Chubrock
07-29-2007, 04:55 PM

I'm going to try this "nice" thing Belial was talking about. My previous statement wasn't in reference to you, but since you decided to fit the bill, I'll respond. While my stats may not be world class by any means, I'm not ashamed of them in anyway.

redFury
07-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Until then, smooches for everyone. Mother****ers.

Haha... I particularly like that quote right there... :D. Belial... I personally give you permission to be frank with me at any time on any weightlifting/diet related subject. No one else though... I don't think I could take it ;)

Whitebread
07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my body hates me when I eat junk food. My stomach makes noise, my head hurts when I heat too much sugar to fast and my bowels turn out turds that smell like dead animals. I enjoy eating "clean" as it just makes me feel better.

SpecialK
07-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Aww, buddy, you gotta relax a little bit. You've got plenty of years left in your life to be all hardcore and bitter.

Does your mom know you're so rude to people on the internet? :)

I don't eat crap. But I don't obsess about my diet. When I was younger and knew everything I was on a very restrictive diet. Since relaxing my diet, I've noticed no negative changes in my physique, but life's gotten a lot better in other respects.

Keep lifting, kid. In a few years you might start to see where some other people are coming from.

No offense Belial, but judging from the stats in your sig, I'd say your genetics are more favorable than many others here. Perhaps you can get away with eating less clean than others on here :D

Just a thought. Of couse I'm sure I'll get jumped by 10 n00bs who claim that genetic advantages don't exist, and any average joe can become the next Mr. Olympia if he only wants it bad enough.

Whitebread
07-29-2007, 11:04 PM
No offense Belial, but judging from the stats in your sig, I'd say your genetics are more favorable than many others here. Perhaps you can get away with eating less clean than others on here :D

Just a thought. Of couse I'm sure I'll get jumped by 10 n00bs who claim that genetic advantages don't exist, and any average joe can become the next Mr. Olympia if he only wants it bad enough.

Yeah, just noticed his stats and hes a beast.

G-Men
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
I was at a party the other night where I seen some of my friends that I hadn't seen all summer and they said, "Damn, you've gotten so much bigger."

But little did they know my secret is...Dairy Queen food. :D

Cirino83
07-30-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm going to try this "nice" thing Belial was talking about. My previous statement wasn't in reference to you, but since you decided to fit the bill, I'll respond. While my stats may not be world class by any means, I'm not ashamed of them in anyway.

I actually think your stats are pretty damn good, especially considering your weight. And I remember your vid of zercher squats. I cried watching. :french:

Hatred
07-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Where is this "How far can ou run" thread? I try to search and it picks out every single damn word and says they are too short.

Cirino83
07-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Where is this "How far can ou run" thread? I try to search and it picks out every single damn word and says they are too short.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78197

Hatred
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow.. you're an ******* Alex... lol

Eric Cartman
07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Confusius said, "The road to excess leads to ruin"...

Eating excessive junk food can kill you... haven't you seen the film "Super-Size Me" ? That guy ate at Mcdonalds for a month and nearly died... of course, he wasn't weight-lifting, but the nutritional point is still clear.. junk food is REALLY bad for you.

I tried this "eat everything" approach once and went from 160 to 200 lbs in about 4 months, with some decent muscle gains, but it wasnt worth it!

EC

BBB
07-30-2007, 07:39 PM
EC - Haven't you heard? People around here think "Super-Size Me" is propaganda.

Chubrock
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Super Size Me was propaganda. I'm going to make a movie where I get fat eating chicken and vegetables.

Eric Cartman
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm going to make a movie where I kick your ass!!

Chubrock
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Better lay off the McDs or you'll be too fat to do anything.

Whitebread
07-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Size Me was propaganda. I'm going to make a movie where I get fat eating chicken and vegetables.

It may have been extremely biased, but there is some truth in it

235orbust
07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
I just never understood why someone would just bulk eating crap. I mean i understand to a certain extent, but unless you plan on becoming an offensive lineman or sumn, you eventually are going to want to lose taht fat, so why would you want to gain 11 pounds with 6 pounds of fat then go on and cut 6 pounds. ive known people that have gained and lost over 100 pounds, its just ultimately leads to a massive waste of time.

Chubrock
07-30-2007, 08:49 PM
It may have been extremely biased, but there is some truth in it

For sure. There's definitely some truth in it. However, there was so much bias, it made it seem like McDs was Satan reincarnated.

Alex.V
07-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Wow.. you're an ******* Alex... lol

From you, I consider this the highest praise. :)

Actually, the James guy's second post was ok, I just found it a little suspicious that he only had two posts, both directed towards me with a faint air of skepticism. I have no patience for that; I don't post here to inflate my own ego or bull**** about achievements.

btw, I was cutting at one point eating a triple whopper with cheese every day for lunch.

Whitebread
07-30-2007, 11:17 PM
For sure. There's definitely some truth in it. However, there was so much bias, it made it seem like McDs was Satan reincarnated.

True, but I didn't much care because I don't like McDonalds anyway!

Built
07-31-2007, 12:19 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Clean FOOD. CLEAN!

It makes it sound like a religion or something.

Near as I can tell, the only advantage to eating "clean" <shudders> is that it's a LOT easier to track macros and calories. Outside of contest prep, I mean, really, who cares?

I'm an amazing cook - consequently, I make a lot of my own junkfood. I fitday the whole frigging recipe. If it kinda-sorta fits my macros for the day, I don't give a rat's ass if I get my carbs from oatmeal and sweet potatoes, or from a piece of my homemade cake.

Oooooh I feel so DIRTY!

<storms off, muttering under her breath "CLEAN!!!">

<spits>

sharkall2003
07-31-2007, 12:36 AM
You think that's the only advantage, Built? I undestand that overall calories are going to determine your weight at the end of the day/week/month/year, but the amount of nutrients present in clean foods is much higher than in your McDonalds meal. Not to mention, some of these foods are loaded with saturated and tran-saturated fats. They also contain enormous amounts of sodium. I'm not going to say I eat clean all the time, but 95% of the time I do. And when I don't it's that 5-10% of my caloric intake that's not so good. And even then it ain't bad. Maybe a small brownie for a snack, or a Gatorade. Nothing out of the ordinary.

KobeWillVindic8
07-31-2007, 12:47 AM
funny... the people who are simply too lazy to stay dedicated to a clean bulk, instead eat crap and try to pacify the guilt that it induces by making ridiculous posts like this.

sharkall2003
07-31-2007, 12:51 AM
funny... the people who are simply too lazy to stay dedicated to a clean bulk, instead eat crap and try to pacify the guilt that it induces by making ridiculous posts like this.

It's too bad that the people you indirectly mention are the fittest members we have.......

Built
07-31-2007, 01:13 AM
I try to eat nutrient dense food, Sharkall - it's more satisfying, and I don't get to eat as much as some of you.

I also make a point of getting in way more protein than I probably have to (for me, "minimum" should be 114g, but I usually eat closer to 200g) and at least 60-70g fat, with 10g from fish oil and a whole avocado every day.

I also make sure I get in at least 25g of fibre - and I manage to do all this on under 1800 calories.

My point? Well, if I can fit all those constraints and still have room left for some junk food, I eat it.

Usually I don't bother because it makes me hungrier. But I CAN. It'll still "work".

Just because some of your food is junk doesn't mean most of your food is bereft of nutrients. Hit your targets for protein, fat and fibre without resorting to fake food (ie fibre supplements and protein bars), fill up the rest of your calories with anything else you want and I challenge you to come up with a sh***y diet.

Clifford Gillmore
07-31-2007, 04:11 AM
I try to eat nutrient dense food, Sharkall - it's more satisfying, and I don't get to eat as much as some of you.

I also make a point of getting in way more protein than I probably have to (for me, "minimum" should be 114g, but I usually eat closer to 200g) and at least 60-70g fat, with 10g from fish oil and a whole avocado every day.

I also make sure I get in at least 25g of fibre - and I manage to do all this on under 1800 calories.

My point? Well, if I can fit all those constraints and still have room left for some junk food, I eat it.

Usually I don't bother because it makes me hungrier. But I CAN. It'll still "work".

Just because some of your food is junk doesn't mean most of your food is bereft of nutrients. Hit your targets for protein, fat and fibre without resorting to fake food (ie fibre supplements and protein bars), fill up the rest of your calories with anything else you want and I challenge you to come up with a sh***y diet.

I eat around 2 advocado's a day at the moment, fat is shedding off me. I left being a love handle in bed this morning and the other one fell off in the shower.

Great post MariAnne :)

Chubrock
07-31-2007, 06:39 AM
It's too bad that the people you indirectly mention are the fittest members we have.......

No, no, no. Obviously all of us that don't eat completely clean are fat asses.

HahnB
07-31-2007, 07:03 AM
I doubt any of the fittest here have an entire diet based on junk food, which is what I'm getting from the original post. The original post is one big contradiction. He's claiming you can eat whatever you want, as dirty as you like, then he goes on to say...

I mean as long as your getting enough high quality protein, fats,carbs etc.

If you're "getting enough high quality macros", then you can't eat whatever junk you want. It's like he's trying to disprove his argument in his own post.

BBB
07-31-2007, 07:20 AM
So the general consensus is that to get the proper nutritional requirements of a heavy duty lifter it's easiest if most of your diet comes from traditional BBer foods and then if there's a little junk in there no biggie? Revolutionary.

Built
07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
So the general consensus is that to get the proper nutritional requirements of a heavy duty lifter it's easiest if most of your diet comes from traditional BBer foods and then if there's a little junk in there no biggie? Revolutionary.

Oh, I know. Oooooh, ooooh, and if you eat more than you need - wait for it - you GAIN.

I know! You could have knocked me over with a feather!

Holto
07-31-2007, 11:19 AM

No mention of micronutrients. It appears to me that is the biggest benefit of eating clean.

samj
07-31-2007, 12:19 PM
i think this thread should be locked people who eat crap ie mcdonalds go ahead people who eat very clean go ahead simppllle

Al3X
07-31-2007, 01:27 PM
One word - wow.

I checked this thread nearly a week ago, and it's went from basic arguing to a member ceasing to post?

... classic

Built
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Holto, my challenge remains. Get the big stuff dialled in as I have outlined, and the little stuff will take care of itself. What remains, well, take a multi and some fish oil.

Alex.V
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM

That's pretty much what I do, and the precise advice I give EVERYBODY on how they should eat.

Holto
08-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Holto, my challenge remains. Get the big stuff dialled in as I have outlined, and the little stuff will take care of itself. What remains, well, take a multi and some fish oil.

+ add some greens plus and your set...lol

Al3X
08-01-2007, 12:31 PM
Built, your an inspiration!

^ Can't forget the veggies.

Eric Cartman
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Junk food makes me feel sick and tired and takes away my energy... that should tell you something.,..

Alex.V
08-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Junk food makes me feel sick and tired and takes away my energy... that should tell you something.,..

Yeah.

Tells me you don't like junk food.

Chubrock
08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah.

Tells me you don't like junk food.

Dammit you beat me to it. Must be your fast running skills.

Biggins
08-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Bodybuilding and fitness should be looked at as a lifestyle.Eating whey protein and oats,yams,broccoli,fish,steak,flax and fish oils etc is gonna be healthy in long run for you.Take same calories from Mcdonalds and what happens.

High sugar and saturated fat.Things you want to keep down in diet are staple of mcdonalds.Theres no fiber either.Plus I hear that since they dont change the oil much alot is transfat.

Dont bulk or cut full time but use as cheat days or meals.Sometimes when im starving bad and cant get home....or dont want to;) I hit mcdonalds.I just choke up the rest of the day by looking on calorie king and then eating what calories I have left over with "clean" foods:) and basically protein based as mcdonals meals are low in that.