PDA

View Full Version : deadlift suit? singlet?

jtteg_x
07-29-2007, 01:05 AM
there is an USPF event this comming october in modesto and i will like to compete for the deadlift division. i pull best sumo and my metal IPF squatter is made for close-stance. i have looked into titans deadlift suit (sumo fit) for $100 from priscilla. now i read around saying singlets are mandatory when lifting in any federation, is this true? or would i be fine with just the deadlift suit? lastly, anyone have exp. with titans deadlifting suits?

ps: anyone else competing this event?

Bako Lifter
07-29-2007, 01:08 AM
Yes, you have to wear a singlet if you're not wearing a suit.

Look into the Metal V-Type. It has great reviews from people who pull sumo in it.

redFury
07-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I personally really like my Inzer HardCore... it's a squat suit but works awesome for me. I'm getting about 40lbs off the floor with it. Many russian lifters put HardCore/squat suits on backwards for deadlift as well. For people with little money like me, having one suit for both lifts is cost effective.

In any event, you will have to wear either a singlet or a deadlift suit.

jtteg_x
07-30-2007, 12:20 AM
thanks guys. ill give titan a try

deeder
07-30-2007, 09:40 AM
thanks guys. ill give titan a try

I pull in a Metal V-type squatter and a few guys that I know get about 80lbs out of their v-type squatter's pulling sumo. I strongly recommend this suit. :)

Guido
07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking about getting a V-Type. I'm a wide stance squatter but not super-wide. Think it would still be okay for someone who squats a few inches outside of shoulder width?

Bako Lifter
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking about getting a V-Type. I'm a wide stance squatter but not super-wide. Think it would still be okay for someone who squats a few inches outside of shoulder width?

When I bought mine I read somewhere that it works for a little wider than shoulder width.

deeder
07-30-2007, 11:22 AM

I squat a little wider than shoulder width and I squat in a Viking Squatter (not the V-type). I think the V-type is made for a pretty wide squat. Even sitting with it on I have to keep my legs pretty spread or else it hurts :p

TommyBoy
07-30-2007, 12:10 PM
When I bought mine I read somewhere that it works for a little wider than shoulder width.
This is true.

deeder
07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
This is true.

I take it you squat a little wider than shoulder width in a v-type?

TommyBoy
07-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I take it you squat a little wider than shoulder width in a v-type?
Yes an no. When I lifted in the APF, my feet were like 7' apart. Lately, I've been squatting shoulder width and slightly wider, and the v-type gives plenty of pop. Honestly, you can use it for any stance. Hell, you can pull conventional in it if you really want to.

jtteg_x
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I pull in a Metal V-type squatter and a few guys that I know get about 80lbs out of their v-type squatter's pulling sumo. I strongly recommend this suit. :)

do you think i can pull sumo in my Metal IPF "close stance" squatter?

deeder
07-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes an no. When I lifted in the APF, my feet were like 7' apart. Lately, I've been squatting shoulder width and slightly wider, and the v-type gives plenty of pop. Honestly, you can use it for any stance. Hell, you can pull conventional in it if you really want to.

I tried it... I don't recommend it... I squished my balls really badly :study:

TommyBoy
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
do you think i can pull sumo in my Metal IPF "close stance" squatter?
Absolutely!! My training partner does, it works great.

I tried it... I don't recommend it... I squished my balls really badly :study:
If you pull conventional in a metal suit, it is strongly recommended that you wear a cup....unless you're Chuck Norris.