PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin for joints

Biggins
07-29-2007, 04:26 PM
I have never used a joint supplement and just past 3 days got me some glucosomine/chondritin.Im amazed as I already feel better in my shoulder.Maybe a placebo effect so Ill see how this week goes.

The thing is thatI cant see how we have to eat shellfish to support our joints.We are land based animals andso our diets consisted more of land animals than lobsters.

I am a believer in natural eating is what our bodies need and always felt that we are in a way abusing our bodys by not eating chicken on the bone as example.If food was hard to come by I would think that you would eat a chicken down to the bone...ligament,tendon,joint and marrow.So by eating chicken breast are we cheating ourselves of a superb joint food.

Today I noticed the "Knox" Nutrajoint gelatin supplement again and will buy this next time and see if I get better results.It now has Glucosomine for added benefit.

Excerpt from internet....
"""in 1997 when the editors of the Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter advised consumers not to buy Nutrajoint or similar supplements because the idea that gelatin can contribute to the building of strong cartilage and bones "is a theory that has yet to be investigated." As for the theory itself, they sniffed that it "sounds tidy--rather along the lines of ‘you are what you eat.’" In conclusion, they stated that even if Nutrajoint worked as claimed, it would be totally unnecessary because "the body can manufacture its own proline and glycine as needed and therefore suffers no shortfall."1
"""

"""The notion that the body can create proline and glycine is, of course, the reason that neither amino is considered "essential." The ability to manufacture them easily and abundantly as needed, however, is probably true only of people enjoying radiant good health.Common sense suggests that the millions of Americans suffering from stiff joints, skin diseases and other collagen, connective tissue and cartilage disorders might be suffering serious shortfalls of proline, glycine and other needed nutrients. """

Gelatin is loaded with these two amino acids.

MADKing
03-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi,

I know this thread is a little old.
Does anyone have any experience made with hydrolyzed collagen?
I am 42 years old and have some problems with my joint now after a couple of years training.
I found a website (hydrolyzed-collagen.com) about hydrolyzed collagen on the link page from bodybuilding*com.

I ordered it to see how it works. I will keep posted my experience here.

Thank you

MADKing
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I received the hydrolyzed collagen today. Looks like good stuff.
They recommend to use it before bed time but I was trying it afternoon.
It smells like nothing. So I put a tablespoon in to a glass of water. Stir it and it solved in seconds. It looks also clear like a sport water drink i.e. Gatorate.
Smells still like nothing. Tasted just a little bit, but can not descibe how.
Till now I really can recommend it and the price is also pretty good.

Let's see how it works in about 6 weeks but I really in good hope with that.

Altephor
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow what a surprise a person with only two posts pushing a relatively unknown product.

MADKing
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow what a surprise a person with only two posts pushing a relatively unknown product.
Pardon me? I dont understand this.

MADKing
03-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Just another update:

Believe it or not! I just use it only for a few days now and I do not have any more pains except after heavy squats and I dont know why but I have always a great pump the whole day.
And it seems they having problems with ordering. They already having a waiting time for orders 10-12 days.