PDA

View Full Version : Smoking help

tjgruber
07-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I know there has been numerous forums about smoking. I have already read a bunch of them. However, I have a questing of my own which I couldn't find elsewhere.

I start my workout at about 8:30-9am. I do not smoke any cigs that morning before my workout. I also do not smoke any cigs up to 3 hours after my work out. My first cigarette would be at about 2-3 pm.

Is this better for me? I know smoking is terrible no matter how you look at it, but is it better than smoking before and after a workout?

Keep in mind I am in the process of quitting all together. I just find it hard to do all at once. Within the next few week I will have quit smoking all together.

Is it "ok" to keep doing what I am doing for the next few weeks until I quit all together? Or, would the best advise be to just say ***** it, and quit all together tomorrow?

andy51
07-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Obviously it would be best to quit all at once, but that may not work for you. Do whatever it takes to help you quit, it seems like you are able to control yourself, just continue to cut down to less and less. (Take the advice w/ a grain of salt. Im a non-smoker. Realize its easier said than done.)

BBB
07-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm a former smoker and that is pretty much how I quit. I just started later and later in the day. For a long time I only have 3-4 in the evening. Eventually I just quit because I didn't care for it anymore.

So, yes. It is better to not smoke around your workouts and cut down as much as possible than to smoke at any odd time. Even better to quit entirely, but you're headed in the right direction.

MrWebb78
07-30-2007, 12:50 PM
If you;re going to quit within the week then don;t bother about the next few days' worth of when you smoke.

BBB
07-30-2007, 01:22 PM
WTF??? That's like saying go ahead and binge before you diet. Not a healthy way (mentally or physically) to go about it.

MrWebb78
07-30-2007, 01:24 PM
If he is going to quit within a week, then it doesnt matter in the next few days if he smokes before the gym, after the gym, or 5 hours after the gym.

Thats nothing like binging before a diet.

CarlP
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
I think you are headed in the right direction. If gradually smoking less and less is working, then keep doing it.

tjgruber
07-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the input everyone! I'll keep ya posted on how it turns out.