PDA

View Full Version : So I'm ready to Lose Weight....

cmack06
07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
I'm brand new to these forums, but have been reading some of the posts over the past week. I'd never heard of 'cutting' before, but it sounds like what I need to do. I'll post my plan to lose weight and gain muscle, and any advice would be awesome.

I'm 23 years old, and a washed up high school athlete who has sat on the couch and gotten fat for the past 4 years. Almost all of my weight gain has been in my stomach and chest. Right now I'm 5'11", 220 lbs, and my target weight is 180. I've been eating less for the past 3 weeks, and I've noticed my energy levels are way down. Most of the time I feel too weak and unmotivated to do cardio.

My plan is to start cutting. I'm estimating that around 2500 calories a day would allow me to lose about a pound a week, but I'm not sure. It's hard for me to estimate what I used to eat for the past 4 years, but I think 2500 is a good starting point. I'd like to get in about 175 g protien, but I don't know about carbs or fat.

I workout 4 days a week, and here is my approximate routine:

Monday, Thursday (chest and triceps)
BB Bench - 3x8x175
Dips - 3x10
DB Incline - 3x8x65 (once a week)
Tricep pulldown - 3x12
Skull Crushers - 3x8x70
BB Decline - 3x8x145 (once a week)

Tuesday, Friday (Biceps, Back, Shoulders)
DB Curls - 3x8
Pull Down - 3x8
Hammer Curls - 3x8
Shrugs - 3x8
Reverse BB Curls - 3x8
Shoulder Lifts - 3x8
Machine Curls - 3x8

I enjoy weightlifting, but cardio is my Achilles heel. Any advice on improving my diet or workout program would be great. Thanks for reading my long post.