PDA

View Full Version : Do I Eat Too Little?

KingNothing
07-31-2007, 08:55 AM
I never tracked my calories before I started to eat healtiher -- no soda, less juice, more protein, more fats, so on and so forth -- so I don't know how many calories I used to eat. Obviously, I don't want to go back to eating like crap in order to find out.

I'm 6' 235 lbs and aiming for and averaging 2200 calories a day from whole foods.

Should I be eating more on a cut?

dscarth
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
It's hard to say. I'm eating 1800cals/week according to fitday (I'm sure its closer to 2000 and food isnt tracking right). I'm exercising every other day and losing about 2.4lb/week.

I wanted to lose about 2lb/week, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm doing alright. You should try eating how you plan, track on fitday, and make adjustments as nessicary. You don't need to nessicarily maintain for a week or two first, my fitday has been on a constant decline in weight from day 1.

KingWilder
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
weigh yourself once a week on the same day, first thing when you wake up (after using the bathroom)

AT MOST you want to lose 2lbs a week (I'd go with 1lb a week)

that will determine if 2200 is too much/too little/or just right

(without knowing how much you're losing per week though and just based on your size, I'd say it is too low)