PDA

View Full Version : more squats and a snatch

Fuzzy
08-01-2007, 06:04 AM
286lbsx3... ok, this was my 6th set, ofcourse it was gonna be hard!

EkbvYh0EZxY

132lbsx1 snatch, this is one ugly mother****er, look how far back my arms are and how much over my torso is, I need to straighten out alot more...

tzH4HVk5wdE

(adding a vid of a light but really fast power snatch when I can format it)

Bob
08-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Fuzzy.. the only thing important about that vid... is the hot little number walking behind you!!! :) And if you've asked her out yet? :nod:

haha

Squats looks better.. again, your knees are buckling a little... but not as much as last week...

Your sntach may be ugly according to you & your coach... but I sure wish my form was that good!!

Awesome job dude... keep up the hard work...

Detard
08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Damn Fuzz, your snatch looked pretty good to me. Like Bearwolf said, your knees are coming in abit and buckling but its still solid. Your new vids remind me of the old Iron mind videos.

Stumprrp
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
both looked very good fuzz.

Guido
08-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Your snatch form is far better than mine, I'm sure. I barely dip under the bar and my motion looks hideous compared to yours. I wonder how much I could do with decent form?

Rock Steady
08-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Something about the way you phrased the subject line made me have high hopes for this thread....

Nice lifts, I'm impressed.

KevinStarke
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Form is lookin great man.

Fuzzy
08-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks all.

Haha, if only it was legal bear! She is 21... but yes, its quite ditracting doing a lift when your staring down her top thinking about her snatch.

This was the same session as the other vids btw. Ill post some more vids not this week, but after.

BigRic
08-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I wish I could bend like you when I do snatches and cleans. I was doing heavy cleans and I can't seem to get that low on the catch. I definately tried to copy the form you use though and I was about a quarter second slow and an inch high from getting 305. any pointers for cleans especially I wanna hit 315.

IZich
08-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Great work.

BTW loving the shirt.

Fuzzy
08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I wish I could bend like you when I do snatches and cleans. I was doing heavy cleans and I can't seem to get that low on the catch. I definately tried to copy the form you use though and I was about a quarter second slow and an inch high from getting 305. any pointers for cleans especially I wanna hit 315.

Shrug more at the top.

Keep the arms straight till the body is fully extended.

Watch how I hit the hips with the bar and it flies upwards, this happpens when you fully extend.

Again, shrug aggresively at the top.

At this point the bar should be moving under its own momentum allowing you to simply drop.

Chances are you arent pullin agresively enough off the floor and trying to go into the catch too early

tomv
08-02-2007, 07:45 AM
Haha **** fuzz I'm impressed you held onto that snatch, I gotta agree form wasn't A1 for that one. I thought you were gunna just drop it straight behind and dive forwards for a sec. Nice solid work with teh squats mate, I've noticed that a lot of OLY lifters have that knee buckle like you do, do you see that at your gym?

BigRic
08-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Shrug more at the top.

Keep the arms straight till the body is fully extended.

Watch how I hit the hips with the bar and it flies upwards, this happpens when you fully extend.

Again, shrug aggresively at the top.

At this point the bar should be moving under its own momentum allowing you to simply drop.

Chances are you arent pullin agresively enough off the floor and trying to go into the catch too early
What I try to do is bring it off the floor not fast but not slow then when I get right below knee level I start gaining the speed. I think I don't get full extension but using the hips to throw the bar up worked well. Do you try to pull it fast off the ground? I used to do that but when I watched your videos it seemed like around knee level is when you started accelerating the bar really well.

Fuzzy
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah I do, alot of people woth very healthy knees seem to do it alot.

ddegroff
08-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Strong work Fuzz!