PDA

View Full Version : MMA training/waiting

elgringo707
08-01-2007, 05:01 PM
After seeing all of the posts here, i think it's time i put in my two cents as far as routines go. i started the summer at 5'11, with a raw 130 lbs (5-25-07). i've gained 15 lbs up to this point (8-1-07).
i'm not happy to say the least, considering that i've been lifting all summer, and haven't seen any improvement up until a month ago (when i got serious about protein shakes, and supplements). it's been two weeks since i started my detox/diet:

meal 1- pure-protein bar
meal 2- sandwich (75% meat)
meal 3,4- tuna fish (canned) and 10 crackers.
meal 5- grilled chicken, or beef, with bread and vegetables.
meal 6- same as 3 & 4.

i'm pretty happy about this, and i pray that this will help. i'm also buying lucine, arginine, and glutamine as soon as i get my paycheck.

my only supplements right now are 5.25 grams of creatine a day, and a heapload of serious mass protein shake.

strength was:

bench- 185
squat- 200
deadlift- 190

strength is:

bench- 210
squat- 225
deadlift- 220

...these are the only three i believe are important enough to max.

dumbells and cables helped ALOT with bench, full squats and romanian deadlift helped ALOT with squat, and various lat/ lower back excersises (including romanian deadlift) helped my deadlift.

so, now that all that's down, i'll be back once i hit 150 (which, god willing, will be next week).

Shouji
08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
What martial arts do you take? I'm currently a 'freelancer', but plenty of experience in Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, Shaolin-do, and Kickboxing.

Took what was useful, and I present myself as the martial artist I am.

Good luck with your journey.