PDA

View Full Version : Please point out my weaknesses

Questor
08-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Just reviewing myself to improve my efforts. Please only constructive criticism.

Front double bi: http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/2236/front10xl4.jpg
Lat spread: http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/1247/back7ur7.jpg

I think I'm turned a little sideways in the lat spread.

Wifey doesn't want me posting pics of my wheels. She says chicks on the forums shouldn't be looking at those. LOL. Well whatever. Last measure they were 23.5".

Thanks.

PS, hope you like the boxers! lol

Leeman
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Are you happy with your current arm chest back and leg size? If not then they are weaknesses.

If everything is underdeveloped then bringing up your weak points would just mean being evenly under developed.

Other than that I would say work on your back more.

Questor
08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Well to answer your question, I'm no where near satisfied. I'm bulking now, will cut later. I hope to max at 200 lbs and then cut to 180. So I basically want to grow everywhere.

But I had wondered if there were any particular muscle groups you could spot which were being ignored.

For instance, note my left arm is about 1/2" smaller than my right. When I saw that in these pics, I decided to conduct a review for deficiencies.

Jinkies
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
You have almost zero trap development from what i can see

Detard
08-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah Looks like traps and lower back are lagging behind. Looking pretty thick though.

Questor
08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
It's true I haven't really ever done any trap specific work. The only work they get is synergistic through deads. Same with my lower back.

Good points.

nddillon
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Your traps get a lot more work then you think they do.
They are VERY active in stabilizing almost anything you do with your arms.

I haven't worked my traps directly since football practice over 6 years ago. I don't see the point (unless you are BB)...most chicks don't dig 'em. And ultimately if it won't get me laid, make me money or most importantly make me happy...**** them! Do what you wanna do though

Check out Hypers! One of my favorite iso exercises, they will kick your backs ass!

Questor
08-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Hypers (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/WtHyperextension.html)?

That looks like a kind of torture. *pales*

Hmm, might be just the Rx for me tho.

Unholy
08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
**** hypers, Just deadlift and eat, lower back + traps will explode. What I do is Super set shrugs with deadlifts to hit the traps extra hard, I have been seeing results because of this over the past few months. Other then that you need to keep doing what you are doing. If I remember reading your journal over the past couple of months you have been bulking but decided to cut recently? Seems to me like you are pretty lean, you are making awesome progress, eat in a slight caloric excess and you will be very pleased. You could always wait till after beach season to really bulk. Either way, keep on truckin.

Questor
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm bulking as we speak. :)

I like the shrugs + deads idea. I will certainly do that.

Canadian Crippler
08-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Your back looks pretty bad, I'd focus on that. The whole back to be honest.

Make sure to be doing Pulldowns + Rows of all kinds be it DB, BB, machine, cable, etc. Deads too, lower back is as well behind.

Questor
08-04-2007, 08:32 AM
You know that's odd actually, because I've always focused on my back. Maybe it was just the pose. If you browse my journal, you'll see tons of chinups, lat pull downs, db bent over rows, tbar rows, seated rows, and deads.

Or it may be that I had spinal fusion 17 years ago, and because I can't bend my spine, maybe that affects something.

But I'll take you guy's words for it, and I'll watch my emphasis on my back.

markfromaurora
08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
do lots of shrugs

McVein
08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
do lots of shrugs

Dont

Maybe its just the quality of your posing, for the lat spread you seem all hunched over, you need to push your chest forward, thats how i do it anyway.
Looking pretty thick from the front though, hows the legs?

WORLD
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I'd like to see more pictures of you. It's hard to point out your weak point without a variety of poses. You rear lat spread needs work. Try putting your hands on your weist and huging the air with your elbows. I personally think it would make that pose look a whole lot better. You have good thickness going..
Hope I helped, good luck with your progress.

Questor
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Yeah I've never really done a lat spread before - that was my first attempt.

I'll try it again tonight and see if I can post a better pic.

WORLD
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah I've never really done a lat spread before - that was my first attempt.

I'll try it again tonight and see if I can post a better pic.

That's okay. Look up "tips on posing" on the internet. You can find a lot of good explanations on what you need to do to pull off a good pose. If you get your posing down, than it really is easier for people to comment on your physique.. Plus, you look better!

Jordanbcool
08-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Chest and traps from what I can see. Also you have hardly any back definition which is weird because you can see your abs.

I don't think you look too bad. But chest, traps and arms could use improvement. You really don't look bad at all IMO. Looking thick for the most part.