PDA

View Full Version : Next time you hear a woman say she's afraid to lift weights...

Built
08-02-2007, 06:10 PM
...show her these and tell her I deliberately overate and trained like a sonofabitch for 6 years to do this. I mean, you can stop and say "awesome, I'm there" anytime you like.

<snickers... you're NEVER there... >

What little muscle and definition I have did NOT happen fast...

Before I started with weights. Spring 2001.
Age 38, Not my fattest. About 150 lbs I think - not sure. I was jogging 10k 3x a week here - and had been for almost 10 years.

I got up to 170lbs by September of 2001. That's when I started Atkins and it changed my life. It wasn't the whole answer, but it was an excellent start.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1037/989692100_cc52ad41dd.jpg

Summer 2002, Kelowna, 10 months into weight loss and lifting.
140-145 lbs (I think). Thirty nine years old.
Keep in mind, I was DELIGHTED here - I hadn't been
this lean or looked this good since my early twenties. (!)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1344/988548529_11ee7bc4ab.jpg

Weight 143 lbs. March 2004. Forty years old.
2 and a half years into bodybuilding
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1169/989692094_290bf38bc5.jpg

December 2004. I was starting to figure out how to train and diet…
Forty one years old. I think 140 lbs, don't have it on file.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1014/989692110_103732289b.jpg

End of cut, November 2005
130 lbs, 14% bodyfat, confirmed by DEXA
Age 42
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1386/989061007_43ff3a4397.jpg

Friday July 27th, 2007 after hiking an hour and a half
up The Stawamus Chief (http://www.stawamuschiefpark.ca/), British Columbia, about 600m elevation
Age 44. 132lbs. Approx bodyfat 14%, 6 years into lifting.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1165/959514408_b267b9e1e8.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1427/958745409_7eaff77d41.jpg

ddegroff
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
That's some serious progress Built.

Every time I hear "tone" from one of my clients I laugh and make them lift heavy. It's all because of your story.

Awesome progress, just awesome.

So whats next for you?

ZenMonkey
08-02-2007, 06:28 PM
built, that is incredible and you look amazing, truly an inspiration to me

Darcy Tucker
08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
That's amazing progress Built! I know women have have higher bf% than men usually but that looks way lower than 14%.

When you were on Atkins were you just eating way too many calories and hence put on weight?

HeavyBomber
08-02-2007, 06:38 PM
You inspire me.

bjohnso
08-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Built, you put 20 year old testosterone-pumped men to shame. Bookmarked, in case I ever meet a girl who wants to get in shape (probably never happen though).

Hatred
08-02-2007, 07:35 PM
MariAnne awesome thread.. there IS someone I will be showing this to...

and. AS soon as I can find a pic...I'm going to post a comparison pic of my mom. to that first photo. You are going to **** yourself at the resemblance.

RBB
08-02-2007, 07:57 PM
damn, that's awesome. for some reason i thought you had been lifting for an extremely long time. i had no idea there was this kind of transformation. i've got someone i'm going to show this thread to as well. amazing work, you put most girls in their twenties to shame.

BFGUITAR
08-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Your definition is freakish, good job!

Built
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. I’ve seen a few threads go up lately with guys trying to convince their girlfriends, wives etc to start lifting and I figured folks here might not realize the progression. I’ve got some muscle on me, but it did NOT happen overnight, and I was SERIOUSLY trying.

Oh, that first pic – I was jogging 10k 3x a week at the time; lowfat diet. <rolls eyes>
(Hmmm... I'll edit that in...)

Ddegroff – what’s next? Well, hmmm. For now, I’ll just keep working on hardening up. Next year, who knows.

ZenMonkey – you’re very sweet. Thank you.

Darcy Tucker – the bodyfat is in my legs. You can see from those pix on my bike a year in that I still had a LOT of fat there. I’ve probably dropped 20 lbs of fat off each leg. The rest of it was 5 pounds off each boob, sadly. Oh, and I actually LOST most of the weight on Atkins. It was the first thing I did right.

HeavyBomber – trust me, the feeling is mutual.

Bjohnso – you’re silly, and thank you. And remember: luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

RedSpikeyThing - Powerlifting is NOT in the cards. I have a lower spine deformity that put an end to my heavy rack pulls and back squats Now it’s RDLs and fronts baby. ;)

Dscarth – I’ll probably buy some new ones. Maybe I’ll start that paypal account…

Josh – it pains me to think you could be my kid. Especially the thought of delivering a 234 lb bodybuilder. I’m thinking one motherfu**er of an epidural…

BFGUITAR - thank you. :)

RBB – I wish. Imagine what I’d look like if I had known what to do 20 years ago?

Meh. Bygones. All I can say is – thank you, Internet. If I have seen farther, it has been by standing on the shoulders of giants.

I got this far with no personal trainer, no dietician, no formal education in exercise or physiology, ordinary OTC supplements, normal food, no drugs, and, well, um, a powercage. I’m an ordinary person who got tired of hating her body, did some reading, and parsed out necessary and sufficient conditions to elicit change.

And documented the whole thing.

Shark
08-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Nice work! Now go get a tan!

Built
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
No tanning for this albino. I stay alabaster white. Hell, I stay away from 100 watt lightbulbs!

KingWilder
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I think this sums it up better than I could with actual words:

:drooling: esp. at the one in red, I've never seen that one before

tomv
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Haha you're like me right built? Sunburnt if the moonlight is a bit too harsh?

In that last pic you look like some sort of action hero, like a heroine out of a game or something. Fantastic work, you're an inspiration.

WBBIRL
08-02-2007, 08:56 PM
In the bike picture your face looks EXACTLY like my ex girlfriends mothers face, so scary I almost thought for sure it was her.

Nice transformation, and your a really good looking gal! The hard work is clearly paying off. Also don't cut yourself down on the LBM you have, taking a gander at you at 14% puts most of the women I see on a daily basis easily in the mid to upper 30's.

This thread is an excellent place to point out how this very lean and fairly muscular guy told me that I should use hydroxy cut to help get me "ripped". Fairly lean guy, but in terms of mass he was no where near my size and he was preaching to me up and down about "toning" and this and that.

Bob
08-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Whoo Hooo!!!
My monitor is melting...
Your progress has been fantastic Built...
And your ability to share your knowledge with respect for everyone is beyond comparison!!!

Dang.. I can't wait to see the next set of progress pics.. how can it get any better???

SupRsmall
08-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Ive hiked the stawamus cheif and got my photo taken at that exact cliff!
Neattooooooooo

It was a fun little hike much cooler than the grouse grind

And ofcourse... very nice progress. You really trimmed off the years! ATLEAST 10!

tdotteg
08-02-2007, 10:21 PM
awsome thread! what an inspiration. You make me wanna do my DL at 12 am :strong:

thoughtshewas18
08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
you are a true hottie built, and your so warm to helping others (ive learned a lot from ya) and ur so smart and your so strong and you HIKE!?!?

u def. got it GOING

grifter9931
08-03-2007, 12:59 AM
wow you look incredible.......

I am going to show some of the ladies i know this thread !

Ramstein85
08-03-2007, 03:35 AM
Built, you put 20 year old testosterone-pumped men to shame. Bookmarked, in case I ever meet a girl who wants to get in shape (probably never happen though).

Def put me to shame ;P

Thats great progress wish you all the best. :)

Clifford Gillmore
08-03-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm not going to fluff your ego or drool and e-hit on you, you know I'm good for that :).

The only thing I have to commend you on is taking such great care of your skin, and I'm also glad to see you put more time into your hair than you used too - more proof that self satisfaction is more important than others opinions.

ToughStuff
08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
That last pic is really cool!

Unholy
08-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Nice progress Mom!

VikingWarlord
08-03-2007, 09:58 AM
The only thing I have to commend you on is taking such great care of your skin

It is not skin. She is carved of the finest alabaster.

TwiloMike
08-03-2007, 01:56 PM
"Holy ****, MariAnne! I’ve never seen that red lacy thing photo. That’s insane! That slab of something on the side of your torso- what IS that? Do I have a pair of those? Damn, woman!"

I posted this on your blog, too. Thanks for teaching me ctrl-c ctrl-v!

Built
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
.ROFLMFAO!

Thanks Mike. It changed my world. Glad it changed yours, too.

TwiloMike
08-03-2007, 02:04 PM
.ROFLMFAO!

Thanks Mike. It changed my world. Glad it changed yours, too.

It sure has. I'm definitely more effective now in the gym and out. I'm actually noticing it, and I have you to thank for a great deal of it as my inspiration and educator.

Built
08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
<reads all the kind posts, blushes... >

I'm feeling a little farklempt here. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Functional Training is neither functional nor training. Discuss.

Detard
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
<reads all the kind posts, blushes... >

I'm feeling a little farklempt here. Talk amongst yourselves. I'll give you a topic: Functional Training is neither functional nor training. Discuss.

:whazzup:

Lookin REAL nice Built. I showed this thread to my mom as motivation and it worked. She also thinks you look amazing.

Built
08-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Thank you very much, Detard. Tell her I'll be happy to help if she needs it.

Canadian Crippler
08-04-2007, 02:32 AM
You haven't missed a beat, lol.

ddegroff
08-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm a personal trainer and I've used a lot of your ways to improve my clients physiques.

Your progress shows that with all the knowledge in the world wont get you any where. Hard work pays off in the long run!

Built
08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm a personal trainer and I've used a lot of your ways to improve my clients physiques.

Thank you very much! I'm always happy to hear when something I wrote helped others.

Your progress shows that with all the knowledge in the world wont get you any where. Hard work pays off in the long run!

Interesting choice of words. I actually worked harder when I was fat - remember, I was a 10k runner, and I HATED it.

Success came from understanding the basic process (http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/08/04/keeping-it-going-the-evolutionary-process-of-fat-loss/). Once I had a handle on it, the rest was just a matter of erosion: you do the work, and you wait.

And it really hasn't been that much work - certainly not when compared with the insane amounts of work I had tried in the past: at one point, I'd run an hour, lift light weights in high reps for an hour, then run another hour. Trust me, with all that fat on me, that was a LOT of work!

It was education that saved me. But I had to do that part myself. The stuff I learned from the mainstream fitness industry didn't help.

Thank GOD for the internet!

peacefrog
08-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Very impressive. I'm trying to get my sister into doing some decent lifting; she has very low muscle tone.

I'm going to mail her this link. ;)

Anthony
08-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Awesome progress - definitely a testament to what can be done with consistency!

-Superman-
08-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I hope to get ripped like Built someday! :D

Built
08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Working my way down the list!

KingWilder - Thanks, glad you liked that. :)

Tomv – yep. Scottish Irish. We’re not even white – we’re bright blue. I’m completely transparent. Canadian Blood Services has a field day with me when I donate blood! “Oooh, so many veins to choose from…”

Wbbirl – Thank you. PS your ex-girfriend is Hatred’s mom?

Bearwolf – you’re so sweet! Thank you for that.

SupRsmall – I realized my typo from your post! I edited in a link to Chief. Very cool that you’ve hiked it too. Now tell everybody how hard it was and how you nearly died etc etc so I can say how easy it was. ;)

Tdotteg – You do that. Try not to wake me. :)

Thoughtshewas18 - <giggles> yes, I know, my laziness is a legend in these parts, but I actually do more outdoor stuff than I let on. Thank you for the props. I appreciate them. Nice to hear how many people find my writing helpful.

Grifter99 – thank you. I thought it would be worth posting up a non-contest-dieted-and-painted-up pic so women could see I don’t walk around with visible delt striations all day long. Okay, I do, but only when I move. Or breathe.

Ramstein85 – I don’t put anybody to shame! I just do the stuff I write about. (Secret’s out – I write it for me!)

Risk10k – then you’ll be the only one who doesn’t get a cheque. (I’ll spend it on my next haircut and think of you though!) – toward the end when I was really gaining weight fast it was kinda depressing. I guess I got to a point where I kinda stopped caring. I do feel a lot more attractive now than I used to, to be sure. I’ve tried to be careful of my skin. It’s so pale… I’ve got sun damage from when I was a kid, but at least I didn’t continue to make it worse as an adult. Thank you PABA!

ToughStuff – I like that one too.

Unholy – Thanks son. Have a good trip. Pack your condoms.

VikingWarlord – ooooh, you know how to be smooth…

Twilo – I googled a bit. Turns out they’re something called “obliques”…?

Detard – oh, I thanked you already. Moving on…

Canadian – thanks, I think. Nice to see you again.

Peacefrog – Thank you. She’s lucky to have you for a brother. I’m glad I was able to give you some ammo.

Anthony - Thank you for the kind words. I was actually thinking of you for a moment when I posted those pics from Stawamus.

As you know, my lazy ass trains very little for work capacity. It's remarkable to me how much work capacity I get OUT of what little training I do. The combination of heavy, low-volume lifting, once-a-week hill-repeats and the various forms of interval work I’ve been using has really done wonders for my overall conditioning this year. I’m amazed at how much I can do recreationally with very little up-front work. It makes me feel young. Heh. Better than young actually – I couldn’t do this stuff twenty years go!

-Superman- I'm sure you'll get there faster than I did. Thank you. :)

TwiloMike
08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Twilo – I googled a bit. Turns out they’re something called “obliques”…?

:evillaugh Tho evil! :evillaugh

Built
08-04-2007, 06:58 PM
<giggles> LOL! Call me!

TwiloMike
08-04-2007, 06:59 PM
<giggles> LOL! Call me!

Calling in 5...4...3...2...

Curtis
08-05-2007, 06:23 AM
that pic in the red is kinda sickly

VikingWarlord
08-05-2007, 06:31 AM
VikingWarlord – ooooh, you know how to be smooth…

Cuz dat's how I roll, yo.

Built
08-05-2007, 01:07 PM
that pic in the red is kinda sickly

Sickly?

Cuz dat's how I roll, yo.
<giggles>

BFGUITAR
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Built, one thing I must comment on is how you have become so strong, lean and all around fit, yet still maintain a womanly figure. There aren't too many out there who can do that.

Built
08-05-2007, 02:53 PM
BFGUITAR, thank you, but based on what I've seen in my female friends who lift, I don't think this is at all unusual.

I'm natural (so far at least... ;) ) - there's a fairly low limit to how much muscle an unassisted female can gain. Even with assistance - and I have a number of female friends who have used - you really have to make a concerted effort to achieve the look you're probably thinking of. Small amounts of careful AAS use in females doesn't even produce this look. The very large, jacked females you see on stage in some of the BB competitions have invested YEARS of careful diet and heavy training - and a LOT of drugs - in building those physiques (no different from the fellas really, just different amounts and types of drugs). While this look may or may not be to everyone's taste, the fact of the matter is that it is NOT easily achieved.

That's the reason I started this thread. Even the small level of muscularity I have achieved - which many seem to feel is still "too much" - took years of careful training and diet to coax into being.

I'm cautiously optimisitic I may have packed as much as 15 lbs of lean mass onto my body in six years of lifting heavy. To those of you who think gaining 15 lbs of lean mass in a year is a "crappy bulk", this may give some perspective.

HeavyBomber
08-05-2007, 03:15 PM
That's why it about makes me puke when I hear some idiot chick say she doesn't lift because she doesn't want to get too muscular. Same with guys who say "i don't want to get too big".
Yea, like that's going to happen, you ****ing moron!

Built
08-05-2007, 03:19 PM
That's why it about makes me puke when I hear some idiot chick say she doesn't lift because she doesn't want to get too muscular. Same with guys who say "i don't want to get too big".

Well, they don't know. I mean, I didn't know either. I avoided lifting most of my adult life for fear of getting "too big".

I got past this when I WAS "too big" - and fat. I figured "well, I'd rather be big and hard, than big and squishy".

In doing so I got down from a size 14 to a size 2. Go figure.

BFGUITAR
08-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I dont know... a lot of the serious female lifters at the gym I go to have lost their feminine physique, and im pretty sure theyre not juicing.

Built
08-05-2007, 03:31 PM
That's very odd. Are they just really emaciated?

HahnB
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Most women wouldn't realize that your bf is extremely low in some of those pictures-I think the fear of looking muscular is why they don't lift-so they'd probably assume that they're going to look like you in the bikini picture if they pick up a barbell. That's one heck of a transformation.

TwiloMike
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Heh. This thread reminds me of a gym incident I was part of a year and a half ago or so. It was January, so the gym was crowded with resolutionists, and at this particular moment there was a pack of three middle-age women walking around, checking out the equipment (without a trainer). I was on a cross-over cable station, had my one side by a wall, and I was resting between sets of rope pushdowns. So as I stand leaning back on the wall, the women entirely oblivious to my presence pass through the machine, and the leader of the pack makes a sudden motion to grab the rope, but tugs only one end, and pulls it through the loop. This gets her attention to stop and examine what she had just pulled. Still oblivious to my presence, she pulls the pin out entirely and with pretty much no resistance starts almost flapping her arm around holding the rope, trying to discern which muscle she is "working". The guy who was using the opposite pulley stood there smiling, and when she caught his gaze, he motioned with his head that I was behind her... so she turned and started apologising for grabbing my machine. Before leaving, though, she asked about the use of the rope, so I explained that I was working triceps and demonstrated the movement. The lady became excited and demonstrated the upper arm flab she wanted to get rid of... so she put the pin in the very first plate and tried to mimic what I was doing. I recommended that she add resistance or she won't even feel anything, to which she replied "Oh, but I don't want to get big!" I looked her square in the eye and said, "Lady, almost no matter how much you push, you will not get big." I got a deer-in-headlights look in return, some mumbling, and she motioned to her friends that they were moving on. There was mucho giggling from several people (not from me) once they moved far enough away.

Built
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
HahnB, I think you hit the nail on the head there - I'm really lean in that red lace pic - AND I did a mockup of precontest prep for it (depletion, carbup, water load, fat load, DreamTan...). It's NOT maintainable.

In posting up this thread, I wanted to show pix of what I looked like day-to-day along this journey - not just the "prepped for (imaginary) stage" pix I generally post up for those of us who share this interest.

Most women don't realize the difference. For "normal people", I'm pretty ripped right now - my delts are striated, I have veins in my biceps, delts, pecs... but I surely wouldn't get on a stage at this point.

There's a profound difference between "healthy lean" and "contest-ready" - not the least of which is the fact that "contest-ready" only lasts a few hours!

Mike: I've seen this interchange before. The bodies change - the voices are all the same.

Built
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
PS HahnB - thank you very much. I still can't believe it's me sometimes.

Cirino83
08-06-2007, 09:21 AM
:omg: that transformation is simply amazing. You look AWESOME.

DoUgL@S
08-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow. I know it has taken years of dedication and hard work, but the time lapse pictures make it so dramatic. Congratulations, and I wish more ladies would strive to learn and do things correctly. I pains me to hear see and hear some of these ladies and girls at the gym, who complain, but have never given the type of effort that have yielded your results. I remember reading in your posts about the transformation, but like always you never fail to impress.

Built
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Ciriono, Dark Knight - thank you very much. Sometimes I almost forget how far I've come. Then I see the changes over time. I mean, my weight didn't change THAT much. I know people who lost a hundred pounds - talk about a life-changing event!

I dropped about 35-40 lbs (depending on the time of the month and the relative positions of Mars and Venus... not to mention what the random number generator AKA scale tells me) - but I'm fairly confident I've dropped 50 or so pounds of fat, and probably 40 of this was from my lower body alone.

My ass used to be bigger than my shoulders. Now my ass is about 36-37" around, my shoulders are about 40". It made a profound difference in my appearance.

I wish the information about how to achieve this were more mainstream. That's why I give away all the stuff I did to get here on my blog. Everyone should have access to it - it shouldn't be privy to a few "top secret gurus" who keep it close to the chest.

I'm actually looking forward to how good I'm going to look at fifty. How many times do you hear a woman say THAT?

Questor
08-06-2007, 01:47 PM
You have reassured and I think inspired my wife.

Built
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
You have reassured and I think inspired my wife.

Mission accomplished. :)

VikingWarlord
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Now my ass is about 36-37" around

Yup.

BWAHAHAHAHA...

Built
08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Jesse, it's real, and it's SPECTACULAR.

tomv
08-06-2007, 11:37 PM
My ass used to be bigger than my shoulders. Now my ass is about 36-37" around...

With nothing but the utmost respect...
Daaaaaaaaaayum. (In that cool, appreciative way).

Built
08-07-2007, 12:24 AM
No kidding.

I never measured my ass back then - but my former "skinny pants" - the ones that only fit me on "thin" days when I was at my fattest...

This pic was from a few years ago - July 2004 I think. I weigh almost 10 lbs less now than I did in this shot - and I measured around the seat of these pants: 48"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Built/SlimmingAd.jpg

tomv
08-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Oh My! Transformation = Sensation!
I think it's fantastic that you're looking forward to how you are looking at 50, I hope you're still posting then and we can all Oooh and Aaah at your age defying looks hehe.

Ramstein85
08-07-2007, 04:41 AM

LOL my friend is like that. He sees how much i eat after lifting (protein shakes + actual food) hes all like "Trust me though you don't wanna get TOO BIG" im like jesus man if i can gain another 20lbs to my skinny frame that would be an achievment. Dunno why people think you will blow up to a Arnold style if you just want to improve you strength/body.

VikingWarlord
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Jesse, it's real, and it's SPECTACULAR.

Yes, I know, and I may or may not have photographic evidence.

:p

Built
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
(Jesse, you're highly corruptible. )

I find it amazing how many people seem to intrinsically believe that lifting iron has magical mass-building power. Somehow we've made a phenomenal disconnect between "conservation of mass" and body-weight.

The diet industry has pulled one hum-dinger over on an unsuspecting public, I tell you what. DAMN that's some kinda spin!

emjlr3
08-07-2007, 10:52 PM
simply amazing Built, you are an inspiration to all

shared this with my woman too, she enjoyed it as well

if only I can have such great improvements in a few years as well, to bad it took you so long to see the light, who knows where you would be at today

VikingWarlord
08-08-2007, 04:03 AM
(Jesse, you're highly corruptible. )

Not really. I've been corrupted for years. Not much farther I can go from here. ;)

Clifford Gillmore
08-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Wow. I have a 45" ass, I beat your booty with one cheek yo!

Built
08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Risk's booty-licious!

Magilla
08-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Most people 38 and older (and I am older than 38) are couch potatoes looking for the next get thin quick infomercial. Hard work pays off!!!

Congratulations to you.

ResistancE1
08-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Nice Work!

Just a question out of the blue. I was wondering what you do for a living?

MMEI
08-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Very impressive. One thing though... in that really cut ab shot... how come I see ridiculous seperation in your abdominals but near-nothing in the legs?

mickyjune26
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm going to get strict with it. Great motivation here. No more "almost" six packs.

Built
08-14-2007, 01:30 AM
ResistancE1 - Thanks! Professional math geek. I'm an analyst. Stats/database stuff.
MMEI - thank you, um, I think lol - the leggies, well, I'm a chick, I was fat for about 20 years, and it kinda settled in as damage. I'm working on it though.
mickyjune26 - I got lucky with abs. Now if I ever see a vein in my quad I'm falling over dead.

BBB
08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
I vote Built as "Most Threating Bod on the Planet."

cts122
08-23-2007, 01:16 AM
Built, this is like christmas come early, I have wanted to show something like this to women who are afraid of too much size due to proper training. It is perfect!

Built
08-23-2007, 02:29 AM
BBB - ;)

cts - lemme know how it's received. :)

mickyjune26
08-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I wish we could sticky or bookmark this. I know I'm bookmarking it.

Altephor
08-23-2007, 01:11 PM
All of my friends scoff when I say I get weightlifting tips from a woman... if only they saw your pictures I think they'd shut up pretty quick. You look great.

Built
08-23-2007, 05:31 PM
mickyjune - I'm honoured. Thank you.

Altephor - see, that's the thing. Chicks are the ultimate hard-gainer/endomorphs - worst of both worlds. Makes the iron game a LOT more challenging, lemme tell you!

WBBIRL
08-23-2007, 09:10 PM
My ass is 49" at the moment, the waist measures 46" and my quads measure 30"... I feel like a fat ole fattie

P.S. unless I'm missing some painfully obvious humor... I said you look like my ex girlfriends mother and not that hatreds mom is my ex girlfriend ?

lynnlynn7
08-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Tuesday was Quad Day here, which is an opportunity to recruit new members for powerlifting. It was very hard for me to get any women to stop and look at our booth or take a flyer. Most laughed or snickered at me. I had one girl ask me to flex for her. She didn't care that I could pick up 300 lbs off the ground, she only cared about my biceps. Women are a hard sell when it comes to anything heavy.:rolleyes:

TwiloMike
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
I vote Built as "Most Threating Bod on the Planet."

Did you mean Threatening, dear?