PDA

View Full Version : constructive critiscism...

PPonU4Me
08-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, I have just started back to the gym after a long lay off (3 yrs.) due to a back injury and wanted to get some help on getting back into the swing of things. Currently I doing a full body routine 3x per week that consists of:

Monday

DB Bench Press - 3 x 8
Pulldowns - 3 x 8
Leg Curls - 3 x 8
Abs
Cardio - 30 mins.

Wednesday

DB Incline Press - 3 x 8
One arm row - 3 x 8
Squats - 3 x 8
Abs
Cardio - 30 mins

Friday

DB Flyes - 3 x 8
Bent-over rows - 3 x 8
Leg extensions - 3 x 8
Abs
Cardio - 30 mins.

I currently weigh about 230lbs and want to try to lose a little weight but continue to try to lift heavy to regain some of the muscle I've lost over the last few years. Please feel free to suggest better routines and diet ideas. I also posted a pic so you can see where I am starting from again.

PPonU4Me
08-06-2007, 08:43 PM
bump

bill
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
The main thing is your back into it. Read some of the stickies on diet nutrition, look at some the routines posted here for better ideas.

phatmonky
08-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, I'll just say..... and it'll be constructive because the point must be made strongly - the routine sucks.

Now that's out of the way, take a little trip on over to the HST site if you prefer a full body workout http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com with a goal of muscle gain.
If you can be swayed, the WBB routines are excellent places to starts as well.

Read everything there, Read everything here. Just remember the basics:

-Compound
-Heavy
-Don't forget the legs
-Diet is almost everthing

Questor
08-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I've seen worse routines. At least he's squatting and hitting the back.

OP, you may want to look into the training routine WBB I.

My constructive advice is, just keep with it. Diet is almost everything. Get six months more and post progress pics.

RBB
08-07-2007, 10:17 AM
I've seen worse routines. At least he's squatting and hitting the back.

OP, you may want to look into the training routine WBB I.

My constructive advice is, just keep with it. Diet is almost everything. Get six months more and post progress pics.

i agree. i really like the looks of the revised WBB 1. very solid looking routine.