PDA

View Full Version : Serious help need!!

Jonathan1986
08-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey guys thanks for taking the time.. Uh mm as you can see I'm very skinny, and I want to put some mass and definition into my body! I'm very new at this so if you guys can bare with me ill be glad. What routine should I go in? What kinda of diet? Any special exercise?? I'm new at this so..

Weight about 205's
Height 6'4

Jonathan1986
08-04-2007, 02:08 PM
crap it didn't post the pics anybody know why?

Questor
08-04-2007, 02:17 PM
You have to have a certain post count before posting pics.

This is simple. Eat everything in sight and lift heavy ass weights. I don't need to see your pic to answer your question.

Now go get started.

Jonathan1986
08-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Even if you want to get a lean cut body you should eat everything? Say If I want a cut six pack should i still eat everything i can get my hands on?? Shouldn't I go on a diet or something??

Questor
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Uh mm as you can see I'm very skinny, and I want to put some mass and definition into my body!

eat. lift.

McVein
08-04-2007, 02:44 PM
if you are skinny, then you are lean allready, how old are you? im guessing 21?

Jonathan1986
08-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I am skinny but i do have some I mean a lot of fat in my stomach area..I really want to lose the fat at my stomach area! So thats why I ask, I want to get a lean stomach so should I been eating more then i do or should I cut back?

IZich
08-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Just bulk; it's hard to lose skinnyfat.

Indifference
08-05-2007, 01:22 AM
eat like hell. you need muscle for your *six pack* to show up. you need calories to grow the muscle so it shows up. report back in 30lbs and you'll know what we mean.

VikingWarlord
08-05-2007, 06:33 AM
eat. lift.

Don't forget sleep.

TwiloMike
08-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey guys thanks for taking the time.. Uh mm as you can see I'm very skinny, and I want to put some mass and definition into my body! I'm very new at this so if you guys can bare with me ill be glad. What routine should I go in? What kinda of diet? Any special exercise?? I'm new at this so..

Weight about 205's
Height 6'4

Even if you want to get a lean cut body you should eat everything? Say If I want a cut six pack should i still eat everything i can get my hands on?? Shouldn't I go on a diet or something??

You have to get your order of priorities straight. You can do a cut now and try to expose a six-pack... but you don't have enough muscle on your body (I'm guessing by your description since I can't see the pics yet) to expose. You may be skinnyfat at the moment, but that isn't necessarily a big issue.

First order of business for you should be to put some mass on your body, and you can only do this with a bulk. It can be a clean/slow bulk (read more about this in the stickies) but it pretty much has to be a bulk. Then, once you've gained a sufficient amount of muscle, you can start cutting down to expose it.

edit: spelling.

Jonathan1986
08-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Okay I guess Ill do the "bulk".. I couldnt find the stickies that explained the nature of the bulk.. Well Im going to start tomorrow.. this is my plan for now

Day 1: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 2: Legs and abs
Day 3: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 4: Legs and abs
Day 5: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

If anything seems wrong with this work out let me know!!!

nhlfan
08-05-2007, 02:04 PM
well, you're doing your chest 3 times in 5 days.

just stick to BGB or WBB1 until you get this weighlifting stuff figured out - it'll take years, by the way.

TwiloMike
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Okay I guess Ill do the "bulk".. I couldnt find the stickies that explained the nature of the bulk.. Well Im going to start tomorrow.. this is my plan for now

Day 1: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 2: Legs and abs
Day 3: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 4: Legs and abs
Day 5: Chest, shoulders,triceps, Back and Bicep
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Rest

If anything seems wrong with this work out let me know!!!

Overkill, imo. Try an Upper/Lower split 2x/week with a rest day between each split, or a Push/Pull/Legs routine once a week. Definitely check out Baby Got Back (it was in an article some time ago, you'll find it in the articles section). My main issue with what you had set up is that you don't give yourself enough recovery time.

As far as the nature of a bulk, do a search on "clean bulk" in the nutrition section. That should give you some leads.