PDA

View Full Version : I have the weirdest metabolism/ body....

yankeekd25
08-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Ok... so I was eating around maintenence for a few weeks, to try to boost my metabolism after an unsuccessful cut and I feel as if I actually got a lot flabbier. My maintenence is around 2300 cals and I was eating that for a few weeks I hit the gym like I was doing. Right now I am so flabby. I have a lot more fat around my chest (I have developed man-boobs- I've never had em before) and stomach area, as well as my arms. I am 5'10" and about 170 lbs but I am definitely not fat. I am prolly what they call skinny fat. Is it normal to put on so much extra fat from eating just 200 cals extra/ day? Would it be better to try to bulk and put on some muscle and then cut? or TRY to cut this pretty big amount of fat first and then bulk up?

KingWilder
08-05-2007, 04:42 PM
whether you cut or bulk depends on your personal goals

if I was in your situation I would probably cut down to 155-160 over a period of 10-15 weeks (loss of 1 lb a week) and then worry about bulking

also, how long have you been using WBB 1?

yankeekd25
08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
whether you cut or bulk depends on your personal goals

if I was in your situation I would probably cut down to 155-160 over a period of 10-15 weeks (loss of 1 lb a week) and then worry about bulking

also, how long have you been using WBB 1?

My goals are just to be realllll lean and built enough to be able to see muscle. I don't want to get BIGGG..... I just want to be ripped to shreds... I know that takes a lot of time/ dedication and I am up to it. I am currently using WBB1.1. I never updated my sig. This week will be my 4th week with 1.1.

Biggins
08-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I think you should try 1500cal.2000 is my maintenance so 1500 nets me one pound weight loss a week.

You say you were unsucessful at I presume 2100cal and so added back 200 to make it 2300 a day.Now you gained fat so your mainteneace isnt 2300.

Keep at it and you find what works for you.

KingWilder
08-05-2007, 04:54 PM
okay, the WBB 1.1 is a solid routine, however, if you're going to be cutting I would keep the reps between 4-6 instead of doing the few weeks at 8-10 and 10-12

make sure you know your maintenance and then drop 500 calories a day...after 10-15 weeks of that you should have a better idea of where you're at

also, make sure you're getting enough protein 1.5g per lb LBM or in your case (assuming 20% is right) about 200g of protein a day

yankeekd25
08-05-2007, 04:57 PM
okay, the WBB 1.1 is a solid routine, however, if you're going to be cutting I would keep the reps between 4-6 instead of doing the few weeks at 8-10 and 10-12

make sure you know your maintenance and then drop 500 calories a day...after 10-15 weeks of that you should have a better idea of where you're at

also, make sure you're getting enough protein 1.5g per lb LBM or in your case (assuming 20% is right) about 200g of protein a day

500 a day? Do you mean 500 a week? And I do eat 200g of protein each day. That's never a problem for me.

KingWilder
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
if you drop 500 calories a day, that is 3500 calories a week

3500 calories = 1lb of fat, aka your targeted weight loss

yankeekd25
08-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Best way to find maintenance? I used some online calculator and it gave me 2800 cals. I've never eaten that many calories before. I assume my maintenance is like 2100-2300 since I didn't gain much (except fat for some reason) when I ate that amount. Lets say its 2300. My diet plan would be like this??

Monday-Friday 1800

Do I drop the next week? 1800 calories is obviously nothing. Does my maintenance sound right?

KingWilder
08-05-2007, 10:48 PM
weigh yourself first think in the morning (say Tuesday for example) after you go to the bathroom
eat at 2200 for a week
when Tuesday rolls around again weight yourself again first thing in the morning after using the bathroom

if your weight is the same then that is near your maintenance...those calculators are not really accurate enough to even bother with

yankeekd25
08-06-2007, 07:41 AM
I don't have a scale at home. There is one at the gym. I go to the gym around 5-6 o' clock. I'm not gonna make a separate trip to the gym early in the morning to weigh myself. Can I just weigh myself first thing when I get to the gym at around 5 or 6? Will it be accurate enough?

KingWilder
08-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I guess that will have to do...just be consistent from one trip to the next (as close to same time as possible...maybe even same diet that day, same clothes)

Unreal
08-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Buy a scale. Your weight can vary way too much day to day just depending on what you eat. Scales are cheap.

Al3X
08-06-2007, 09:58 AM
4.99 at the dollar store!

Try not to change anything throughout the first week of your maintenance finder? Same lifts, diet, and rest. You want to see how your body responds at whatever calorie intake you absorb. This is truly the (one of) first step into body recomposition (it's vital!)

yankeekd25
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you guys for your help. I am going to weigh myself today at the gym after eating at least 4 of my meals. I will continue to eat the same number of calories for the week and then next Monday I will eat the same amount as I did today at the time of weigh-in. I'll post my findings and you guys can help me set up my cut from then.

http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=yankeekid25

Checking my previous COMPLETE FitDay entries, I have realized that that is what I've consistently eaten this amount for the last week or so. Since I'm almost positive this is maintenance, should I still eat this number and be sure and start the cut next week? Or should I begin the cut today?

yankeekd25
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I weighed myself at the gym today and I am 166 lbs according to the scale. That's the lowest I have ever been. Talk about weird. I feel flabby and fat but yet I'm at my lowest weight I can remember.

Biggins
08-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Ahh yankee:)I know that feeling...you probably have a lean body weight if you lost all the flab of 115 pounds:omg:

Kidding,but you still have to lose more weight.Whats happening and it happens to me also is that you lose fat around the muscles making them look smaller and that plays tricks on your mind making you look fatter.Its the same thing like when your bulking and the more muscle you put on the fatter you look since it pushes the fat layer outwards more....get it?

yankeekd25
08-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Ahh yankee:)I know that feeling...you probably have a lean body weight if you lost all the flab of 115 pounds:omg:

Kidding,but you still have to lose more weight.Whats happening and it happens to me also is that you lose fat around the muscles making them look smaller and that plays tricks on your mind making you look fatter.Its the same thing like when your bulking and the more muscle you put on the fatter you look since it pushes the fat layer outwards more....get it?

Yea i get it. So basically just continue to cut. Next week I'll start my cut. I'm gonna eat around maintenance for this week and take it from there.

yankeekd25
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
So, today I weighed myself at almost the same time at my gym and it said I was like 2-3 pounds heavier... Normal I'm assuming? I didn't quite eat the same things as I did yesterday but I'm also assuming day by day weight will fluctuate a lot and that from Monday to Monday is what I should be concerned about?