PDA

View Full Version : Brown Sugar with oatmeal okay

BigBossMan
08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I was wondering if you guys would recommend against doing brown sugar with my oatmeal in the morning....I want to avoid insulin spike and I am not really sure if this would be detrimental or not. from what I understand some sugar is good in the morning to replace lost liver glycogen at night..

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

BBM

getfit
08-06-2007, 11:41 AM
why not some whey instead

BigBossMan
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
well I am doing something experimental with my diet right now (I will not discuss for fear of getting ridiculed).....but whey is out of the question...I can eat it plain if need be or I have splenda....but I am thinking the best options would just be go with some plums. I really have no idea what splenda or brown sugar really are? So I take it you would recommend against brown sugar?

getfit
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
no,I'm not against brown sugar at all.I just prefer it with whey and some diced apple or banana.

shazoo123
08-06-2007, 01:29 PM
well if your looking for no insulin spike i would recommend the splenda. its a chlorinated sugar molecule. its only calories come from the maltodextrin or dextrose used as "fillers" to give it texture and volume of sugar. its very sweet compared to normal table sugar (sucrose) so thats why these fillers are used to create an equilavency point.

Unreal
08-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Brown sugar is just normal sugar with molasses added if I recall correctly.

Splenda would be far better if you want to avoid the insulin spike or just eat it plain. I normally just eat 1/2 cup oats with 1 scoop of nitrean. Plenty sweet and good tasting.

BigBossMan
08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Cool thanks all for the help....