PDA

View Full Version : Easy Dieting to get ripped.

torched02
03-04-2002, 03:48 PM
Ok, as I have said in the past, this diet is sick it is the best one out there...I have worked with this diet and teach it to everyone who needs a great diet to build muscle and cut the fat....I carry around a piece of paper with me, noting the fat,carbs and protein I eat thoughout the day....

Why this diet is the best?

1. No cravings
2. Decrease body fat while building strength.
3. High Energy levels
4. Variety of foods
5. Everyday is like a cheat day!

How it works?

Find your maitenance calories or multiply body weight x 12....

so a 200lb person would need 2,400 calories per day...to lose a little weight, but to lose more drop 200 calories or to gain lean muscle increase by 200 calories....

NExt didvide your calories by 33.3%

So, that is 800 calories of Fat, Carbs and Prot...a day.....

this turns out to be roughly....

200 grams Protein
200 grams Carbs
85 grams Fat
============

Now, just know what you eat and mark it down throughout the day...**** worrying about brown rice...eat the white and mark it down...eat mayo or non fat mayo either way mark it down....have real bacon or pizza or candy, just know what you eat and mark it down.....Obviously i take in high quality protein and fats, but If I want Mayo I have it or if I want pizza I eat it....My staples are peanut butter and graham crackers...If i want carbs at night I dont eat them all day until night time.....However you do it, you will see this is the BEST way to to eat and bodybuild.....

Shocker
03-04-2002, 04:03 PM
i dont understand, you can eat pizza until you reach the required level of fat and then would have to make up the rest of your calories through non-fat sources for example?
how does the candy assist? do you mean eat a little bit or as much as you like?
It doesn't seem to make sense

CBates
03-04-2002, 04:15 PM
I think what he means is eat whatever you want to, but don't go over the limit of the amount of grams you need from your maintenance level. Like eat 2 or 3 slices of pizza and reach 80 grams of fat, you can still eat whatever, just don't include anymore fat. I personally see it kind of hard to maintain a diet like this eating and eating whatever you want, because if you eat a certain amount of one thing that's going to include a lot of carbs and fat, that's going to limit the amount of food you can take in the rest of the day and you'll be hungry as hell. I can see this working if you eat cleanly throughout the day and not junk food.

torched02
03-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Well, This diet was Popularized my Dan Duchaine.
The hardest part of a diet is keeping your calories under control. However- with this diet i find its much easier to keep hunger under control, which is the most important part. Also it allows me to indulge in few forbidden diet foods without guilt. Usually while on a diet and I eat that hamburger I get depressed and stop the diet. For instance for lunch today I had a nacho plate with beef and cheese. My total calories for the day is still inder 2200. And it seems like im haveing problems eating more! Mind you I dont go out eating burger and pizzas! I try ti take in good protein, good fats, and good carbs.
Dont get me wrong this isnt some eat all you want diet.

Gyno Rhino
03-04-2002, 04:22 PM
This is a fairly good diet. As long as you make sure you have a higher fat/protein meal before bed or in middle of night, this will work fairly well. Try and keep the carbs higher at breakfast and lunch.

torched02
03-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Yeah...
I usually eat higher carbs before and after my workout...
An example for todays diet
go here.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp

CBates
03-04-2002, 04:28 PM
If I remember correctly, you had a thread about this diet over at Elite right? I was interested in the diet at the time, and will probably try it pretty soon. I'm having pretty good results on my diet right now, but when I bulk again and then need to cut, I'll probably try this out, seems it would help some by including a cheat meal in my diet daily.

plornive
03-04-2002, 04:55 PM
This is also a good diet to transition into and out of a CKD.

MonStar1023
03-04-2002, 06:44 PM
I would go with NHE... GREAT diet, easy to stay on, feel great, tons of benefits!

:thumbup::thumbup:

torched02
03-04-2002, 06:52 PM
NHE?

Par Deus
03-04-2002, 09:22 PM
An isocaloric diet!!!!.... WOW!!!

You are indeed on the cutting edge.

MonStar1023
03-04-2002, 09:24 PM
torched02-
Whatsup bro.. NHE is "Natural Hormonal Enhancement." Excellent diet that really works and is easy to stick to. You can find info at www.extique.com especially the Ask Rob (the author of the book, Rob Faigin) section. Also if you go to www.bodybuilding.com and go into the superstore etc. you can order yourself a copy for around $25 I think. I HIGHLY recommend NHE. Good luck.

:cool::cool:

torched02
03-05-2002, 01:21 PM
par deus Do I hear sarcasm in that?
I know you are an expert in nutrition, I have seen you post on elitefitness. I do not claim to be an expert on dieting at all. All I know is this diet is the easiest one to follow, and isnt the best diet one that you can follow? I used this diet strategy to get into shape for a contest I never enetered. (dont ask) I did bring my weight down to 212lbs at 6% fat at 20years old.

But maybe you can help me out...
Since I have always been eating low calories 2200 on average I think I may have slowed my metabolism by a lot. Im 6ft 220-230lbs 12%fat. Even while eating only 1700 calories I was not able to get ripped. I think I need to revamp my metabolism. Skip Lacour told me to increase my calories while doing some cardio in hopes I will bump my metabolism so I can eventually get ripped on 2500 calories as opposed to <1700.
Thanks

mr_hand
03-05-2002, 02:05 PM
So torch, your breakdown is
33.3%carbs
33.3%protein
33.3%fat
I always thought it was better to keep your protein intake higher than your carb intake on a cutting diet.

torched02
03-05-2002, 02:51 PM
I know... I hear alot of things too.
But these are just basic guidelines... My protein is usually higher too... maybe 40%.. But I do try to stick to these guidelines.

torched02
03-05-2002, 03:46 PM
Further reading if you want...

The Iso-Caloric Diet
by Dan Duchaine
While it is possible to lose more than one pound per week through further calorie reduction or by increasing aerobics, you will lose some muscle along with the fat. On paper, your body will look as if the diet is working. The mirror, however, will tell a different story. Even a 5 percent change in calories or aerobics will cause muscle loss.

The first way to prevent muscle loss is to change the fat to carbohydrate ratio. In the Iso-Caloric Diet, these are changed to: 1/3 Protein 1/3 Fat and 1/3 Carbohydrate. Adjusting these ratios will cause faster fat loss. Although there is a scientific explanation for this phenomenon, I first discovered it the hard way through trial and error. No other combination worked.

At first, it seemed logical to try reducing calories further, but this caused too much muscle loss too quickly. Does increasing protein help maintain muscle mass? Nope, it doesn't. Increasing aerobics looks like a popular choice -- after all, gyms have lots of steppers and rowers and bikes, all occupied with well-meaning individuals. Aerobics must be good, right? Wrong! As a matter of fact, increased aerobics causes just as much muscle loss as calorie restriction.

After screwing up in so many other ways, I finally arrived at the 1/3 ratios. Most athletes won't be happy with this. They've been conditioned not to eat dietary fat. Besides, lowering carbohydrates increases hunger and anxiety for a while. However, eating lots of carbohydrates makes your metabolism unable to burn fat efficiently.

If you have patience and not too much fat to lose, you will probably get damn close to your goal with the Modern Diet. The Modern Diet will allow you to be relatively happy, sociable, energetic and feed your carbohydrate addiction.

When "damn close" isn't close enough, you need the Iso-Caloric Diet. Will you be hungrier? Only at first. Will your strength decrease? Again, only at first. Will you loss muscle? Less than you would with any of the other alternatives.

In the Iso-Caloric Diet, we are once again concerned with the quality of the body's energy sources, not the quantity. Some people will object to eating a diet that is 1/3 fat. Fat is B-A-A-A-D, isn't it?

Fat isn't perfect, but it's all we have to work with. We can't decrease total calories because we don't want to lose muscle. The high carbohydrates of the Modern Diet will need to change to either protein or fat. Exchanging the carbohydrates for protein won't work because not all of the amino acids can be converted into energy. Much of the amino acid content is excreted as urea, a waste product. Calorie for calorie, protein will not provide the same energy as carbohydrates. This is why high protein diets cause faster fat loss than high carbohydrate diets. Because protein has less usable energy, the body will strip down muscle to scavenge the energy-producing amino acids. Glutamine will be used first, then the branched-chain amino acids, then alanine.

If we can't eat protein, all that's left is fat. Eating more fat will also reduce insulin secretion and make the fat-burning energy pathways more efficient. In the presence of insulin, the body will not release stored fat for energy. Therefore, as dieters, we want to reduce insulin secretion.

In the future, there may be better alternatives. The latest nutritional research shows that dietary pyruvate and lactate can activate alternative energy cycles that work better than fat or protein. These future foods will not cause insulin secretion, allowing faster fat loss while preserving more muscle from catabolism. Right now, however, these options are both tantalizing and futile. Currently, both pyruvate and lactate are hard to find, expensive, bad-tasting and boring to eat.

Almost all fat -- saturated or not, essential or not -- will work in the Iso-Caloric Diet. Energy-wise, it doesn't matter. You could use MCTs, for that matter, but they're are not as much fun as an additional serving of oily fish, walnuts or avocado.

If you followed my recommendations for fat choices in the Modern Diet, you are eating mostly essential fats. You would be shocked at how little fat you'll need to eat to increase fat calories by 23 percent. Salad and cooking oils don't take up much room. It doesn't take many avocados or walnuts to add a lot of calories. How about -- dare I say it -- peanut butter (no trans, that is)? Surely this isn't diet food.

Some people have asked me: If the Iso-Caloric Diet is so superior to the Modern Diet, why didn't I recommend it first? Well, most people are used to something like the Modern Diet. It's easy to start, "believe" and follow. Each change in longstanding habits requires more discipline.

Why increase protein by 8 percent? Fatty foods usually contain protein. Eggs, fish, meat, and that slice of cheese you can finally eat all contain protein in addition to fat. Even peanut butter contains protein.

The Iso-Caloric Diet requires more discipline than the Modern Diet, but if you're impatient, or have an inflexible timetable, the Iso-Caloric Diet will get you virtually all the way to your goals. The Modern Diet won't. Of course, strength and energy will suffer for about 5 days, but after that, you'll feel even better than before.

The Iso-Caloric Diet begins to solve a major problem in dieting (aside from hunger and anxiety): impatience. While the problem of impatience has not been completely solved, we've appeased it for now. Although there is a better diet plan to come, it is illuminating to examine the preliminary solutions to the dilemmas I've encountered in my years as a professional body confidante.

Rating: ****

aeckhardt
03-06-2002, 06:41 AM
ALright, here's the scoop you foolio. Do a search on this board and elite for, CID, cyclical Isocaloric Diet, and isocaloric Diet. We talk about this **** all the time. Pluss your missing a big component which is why your metabolism shut down, refeeds. And who is one of hte masters of all this, Par Deus amoung others. That is why he made that sarcastic comment.

mr_hand
03-06-2002, 11:07 AM
So basically, why not just use a 40/30/30 split, pro/carbs/fat?
Are you sure x12 is good way to start at your cal intake.
Mine would come to 2940cals and I'm around 245lbs, and I know a lot of the guys on here said I should be at eating at least 3000cals per day if I wanna get cut up for summatime.

Par Deus
03-06-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by aeckhardt
Pluss your missing a big component which is why your metabolism shut down, refeeds. And who is one of hte masters of all this, Par Deus amoung others. That is why he made that sarcastic comment.

The sarcastic comment was really just because the post made it sound like some breakthrough, when it has been around for 6 or 7 years now.

It is a good diet, but I do indeed think it is better if you incorporate refeeds.

torched02
03-12-2002, 02:55 PM
IMonday I decided to try something new. A high carb 400g medium protein 160 low fat 40.
Well I felt full and huge... exspecially my stomach! My calories were low but I feel fat and bloated this morning! Today didnt start either... my diet isnt on schedule, im just eating whenever! I hate when this happens. I should of stayed put with my regular IsoCaloric diet. I dont get bloated at all cause carbs are about 200. Protein is about 200 and fat is right there to make food taste good.
Ah boy! I feel like crap!!! All I want is a trim cut waist! I didnt even do my 30 min of cardio I wanted to do since I lowered my training to 3 days per week!!! :(

MRJ
03-12-2002, 04:32 PM
How different we all are . . .

I coudn't survive on body-weight x 12.

When I lean-out I use b/w x 15, when bulking b/w x 21.

torched02
03-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Really?
Thats weird...
Im 230lbs 12% fat and I eat normally 2400 calories.. I did a week of 2900 and trying to get those calories in were brutal!

When I was younger i ate 5000+ because of hardbody Gainer 3600. Butu now, I really dont think all that calories will build muscle/