PDA

View Full Version : clycling protien to get ripped

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 04:43 PM
ok here is my plan my dieting is going pretty well i would say im clycling protien started the other day here is my diet

400 grams of protien 50 grams carbs 50 grams fats

300 grams of protien 100-150(shooting for the lower end)and 50fat

im gonna rotate this every day i will keep you guys posted.

i am cycling my protien to make it more effeciant and increasing carbs to kill cravings, im taking mostly protien shakes like i have previously and have not lost any stregth. protien shakes are my choice by far its only 31 cents per serving cheaper than tuna and tastes 10 times better here is my latest pic, im not pumped in the picture this is a cold pic and my arms arent flexed because im trying to duck my head and hold the cam still and flex abs lol

peace

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 04:47 PM
my goal is to get at 4 percent and maintain around there through summer and slowley bulk never going above 8 percent ever again. hopefully this diet will be easy it seems like it will with so much protien and carbs everyother day and maybe a light cheat day every 5 days

03-04-2002, 05:19 PM
I think maintaining 4% bf for several months is unrealistic and unhealthy.

Orange357
03-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Buttcheeks
my goal is to get at 4 percent and maintain around there through summer and slowley bulk never going above 8 percent ever again. hopefully this diet will be easy it seems like it will with so much protien and carbs everyother day and maybe a light cheat day every 5 days

are you serious?:eek:

syntekz
03-04-2002, 06:50 PM
Yeah. You should get your BF% checked at a hospital to get a more realistic idea. 4% is a LOT lower than you probably think.

Manipul8r
03-04-2002, 07:09 PM
4%!?!?!??!!? holy crap thats low.. Not to mention unhealthy man.. wouldnt want to see you **** yourself up..I would shoot a little higher than that, but good luck. As for the cycling of the protein, I have heard mixed things about it.. Some like, some hate. I guess its just a matter of what works for you.. Good Luck, let us know how it goes.

Orange357
03-04-2002, 07:10 PM
6% is barely healthy for short term...

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 07:38 PM
how is a very low body fat unhealthy

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 07:44 PM
theres this guy at my gym he maintains around 4-8 year round hes got tons of striations and hes shredded natural too. he eats veggies and meat never cheats. i kinda do the same diet but i cant stay as disciplined or as strict. hopefully cycling protien will make more use of my protien and uppin the carbs every other day wont make me feel like im always draggin. i think its better to do that then have like a massive refeed where alot of the times you over do it because your starving for the refeed, or your so hungry you pig out before your refeed

aside from me "thinking" i will be able to get to 4 percent maybe it wont happen but we shall se by the summer hopefully, but anyways who here cycles protien???????????whats your experiences????????

doesnt it make sinse to cycle the protien because our body gets used to it, just like we get used to tons of carbs

03-04-2002, 08:03 PM
what do you really think cycling between 400g and 300g of protein everyday will make?

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-04-2002, 08:24 PM
yeah i do ive worked up to 400 grams of protein and even gone far beyond but it seems at my bodyweight 400 is about the max my body can use maybe just a TAD bit over. i just feel very safe fluxuating between these two numbers so far i havent lost strength, actually maybe gained strength. im too afraid of loosing any muscle with any less protien, been there done that. replacing the cals lost from protien with carbs will kill cravings we will see i will keep u updated with progress.

i would really love to hear from people who have cycled there protien or maybe done something like im doing now

kAto
03-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Orange357
6% is barely healthy for short term...

i think hes refering to 4-6% subcuteneous bodyfat (under the skin) not overall body fat; 4% is extremely low; at that % you would have glute/ham tie-ins, not possible without HEAVY dieting or as use.

btw buttcheeks you look good especially those abs, if i remember correctly your chest is amazing too. keep it up!

Wizard
03-05-2002, 02:40 PM
Set realistic goals...

hemants
03-05-2002, 03:24 PM
400g and 300g of protein will amount to the same thing because in both cases, protein will likely be turned in to carbs.

Wizard
03-05-2002, 03:27 PM
yea, expensive carbs...

CBates
03-05-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by hemants
400g and 300g of protein will amount to the same thing because in both cases, protein will likely be turned in to carbs.

That's what I was thinking, the only difference I can see between the two amounts is maybe a little more energy with the 400g of protein..

hemants
03-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Buttcheeks, you should check these out:

http://www.mikementzer.com/proteinparadox.html
http://www.mikementzer.com/proteinpart2.html

Summary :

1. Numerous nitrogen retention studies done on bodybuilders.
2. Less than 0.6g per pound of bodyweight may not be enough.
3. 0.7 - 0.9g per pound of bodyweight to be safe
4. far exceeding this number makes your body less efficient at utilizing protein

With dieting as with training, taking a good thing to extreme is not necessarily better. :)

Wizard
03-05-2002, 03:39 PM
nope
The 30% of consumed protein is burned anyways..
so the 70% is left to give you energy.
(carbs=20% with 80% left for energy)

codei
03-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by kAto

i think hes refering to 4-6% subcuteneous bodyfat (under the skin) not overall body fat; 4% is extremely low; at that % you would have glute/ham tie-ins, not possible without HEAVY dieting or as use.

what do you mean by 'glute/ham tie ins' ? like having your ass and legs look like a ripped persons arms do? is this one of the hardest things to accomplish? ive been losing fat for quite a while but the lower body stuff just seems to be one of the last places for it to go.

Vynod
03-05-2002, 04:01 PM
protien shakes are my choice by far its only 31 cents per serving cheaper than tuna

Buttcheeks: What brand of shakes do you buy and where do you get it from. I spend somewhere like $1.5 per shake (42 gms protein).

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-05-2002, 04:10 PM
ok im guess im wrong from what your saying, on the other hand im not gonna change my diet ill only change it if needed. id rather not even look at anything that has to do with mike mentzer hes juiced to the gills i like takin advice from naturals. i hope this doesnt offend people who take juice i mean its your choice and your body, i just dont think i have enuf knowledge or GUTS to resort to steroids.

but anyways aside from me gettin off topic theres no way in hell i will dip below 300, ive never been stronger or looked better sinse taking over 300, but im gonna take a chance and cycle the protien. 100 grams may not seem like much but thats 400 calories! and with takin carbs everyother day like that zig zaggin them i think it will make the carbs more efficiant

im the type thats very unconvential in training and diet just like many others are i dont like to do what is "written on paper" i would rather do more trial and error and just use the so called "facts" as another option.

has anyone esle tried takin as much protien as i am for a prolonged peroid of time? what were your results

also i could very well be wrong on this protien thing. my strenght going up latley could very well have to do with my supplementation of GLUTAMINE!!!!!!!!i feel this stuff really works

who knows i may dip below 300, but there is definlty somthin to this glutamine its the best supplement in my opinon besides protien!!!

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-05-2002, 04:13 PM
go to gnc get a gold card and buy your protien the first week of the month to get the special deal on the GNC brand WHEY PROTIEN. u buy one and get the other half off then u get an additional 20 percent off. it comes out to 31 cents per 20 grams of protien u cant beat that.

or u can get optimum nutrition protien it tastes a little better its 41 cents per serving