PDA

View Full Version : Protein without the calories?

withoutlimits
08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and joined specifically to ask this question:

I know it's been asked a million times, "How do I gain muscle while losing fat at the same time?" and I know it's basically impossible. However, my issue is that I want to be able to gain muscle and not gain any extra body fat. Is it possible to do this? I have a (very small) beer gut that I plan to lose eventually, but I'd like to gain some muscle before focusing seriously on cardio. How can I take in the needed protein without all of the excess calories? Will I still gain muscle if I cut back on the calories? Any help would be appreciated.

withoutlimits
08-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Nevermind, I just read some threads. I'm an ass for not lurking more.

emjlr3
08-07-2007, 10:24 PM
keep that in mind before asking you next question, though losing fat while gaining muscle is very possible, especially for a newb

withoutlimits
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm trying to do so, but I honestly have no idea what kind of diet to shoot for. I'm 6'0 150lbs, which sounds fine, but it's a decent amount of body fat thanks to my love for beer. So I'm cutting back on my drinking, and trying to figure out what I need to do in order to fix this.

I'm running two or three days a week and lifting two or three depending on the week.

VikingWarlord
08-08-2007, 05:47 PM
6' at 150 and you're trying to do what? Dude, lose the beer, eat your face off, and lift. I'll just about guarantee at that weight you've got nothing worth cutting down to. Bulk like your life depends on it.

guruji111
08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello withoutlimits, I think it is possible to achieve growth of the muscle losing weight at the same time. Just try to incorporate protein rich diets with low carbohydrate. Practice rigorously some weight lifting appropriate your physique. Try to skip many times a day. Learn to take lot of fresh fruits in a day.

growthrep
08-09-2007, 07:43 AM
6' at 150 and you're trying to do what? Dude, lose the beer, eat your face off, and lift. I'll just about guarantee at that weight you've got nothing worth cutting down to. Bulk like your life depends on it.

:withstupi

Decker87
08-09-2007, 08:48 AM
If you are 150lbs and 6'0, you don't have a lot of muscle. If you go to the gym and pack on some muscle, that muscle will burn more calories. Muscle growth is anabolic.

If you don't want a beer belly, stop drinking beer.

kique
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
seriously wtf is up with people and beer, step up to the patron if you want to get hammered, its a lifestyle! get with it ;) ripplin muscles hot models and patronnnnnn in my cupppp lol :P