PDA

View Full Version : How much sugar is ok?

AiCPearlJamWeen
08-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Ok I lift quiet often and I have noticed my legs and arms getting skinnier but now I want to take the next step and be more cautious in what I am stuffing my face with. I need to cut out sugars, which mostly come from cookies and Snapple Ice Tea. So I am starting to drink more water.

So what I'm saying is how much sugar is alright as in how many grams?

I weigh 266lbs and I am 6'3". I'm mostly trying to get rid of my man boobs and gut.

I'm also lifting a lot to gain at least some muscles so I'm not worried about weight, just mostly getting rid of my fat.

emjlr3
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
sugar, as far as i know and am concerned, is only good for an insulin spike PWO, that is the only time I intake sugar, other then the lactose when I have a glass of milk or cottage cheese

i try to stay away from it as much as possible, high sugar foods are usually very calorie dense, and thus leave me wanting after their ingestion, I would much rather have a bowl of rice and greens as opposed to a snapple, which prolly both end up with the same calories in the end

mickyjune26
08-09-2007, 12:39 PM
It sometimes isn't as simple as sugar vs. no sugar. What types of sugars are we talking about? When are you eating these sugars? What activities are you doing prior or post-consumption? Who is your favoriate professional sports team?

These all play into your answer. For more info, read this article:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=270

Questor
08-09-2007, 02:16 PM
dextrose pwo, otherwise as little as possible

DoUgL@S
08-09-2007, 02:28 PM
If you meet your minimum nutrient requirements, you can make up the rest of your calorie requirements with sugar, unless you have issues with insulin sensitivity.

The easiest way for me to control my intake when I cut is to minimize them. If I eat P/F meals I am more satiated throughout the day then if I do P/C/F meals. In this scenario I would only consume carbs around a work out, preferably dex or maltodex.