PDA

View Full Version : Food Alergies, I need help compiling food list, please!

SleepingDemon
08-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am not looking to do extreme body building at this time in my life. I am more so looking to just become healthier and building a larger ammount muscle mass to the upper body. Perhaps once I get to my first goal I will look into more advanced body building as an option.

But i'm here in this forum section to ask a question about something that I do have trouble answering myself.

I love food, and sadly I was born with severe food alergies to some of the more healthier foods... specifically Peanuts, (peanut butter, peanut oil, peanut anything.)

I in no way can even lick something with peanut on it. So cashews or almonds roasted in peanut oil is still death for me.

So far I'v compiled these foods as a daily routine for a diet.

Carbs:

Oatmeal
Hard Wheat Bread
Long Grain Brown Rice
Grits

Protien:

Eggs
Tuna
Baked Fish
Turkey Breast
Rotisserie Roasted Chicken
Lean Ground Chuck with chili flavoring
Low Fat Cottage Cheese

Other essential foods:

Fresh Vegitables (Broccoli, carrots, spinach...)
Fruit (Oranges, Plums, Bananas...)
Skim Milk

I guess I am stuck on finding more foods here. I'm so used to eating white breads and noodles all day. Fatty Wend's cheese burgers.

As of right now I weigh 165 pounds. I stand 6 foot tall.

I noticed within this past year I have started to put on some belly fat and chest... I have normally had a very high metabolism my whole life.

My lats and pecks are somewhat developed for some odd reason... but my forearms, wrists, triceps, biceps, shoulders, and back are all extremely under developed. My legs are actually very well developed. I have heard that legs are the hardest to build muscle, but it seems that my calves are much bigger than the normal skinny guy... almost as if my lower body does not fit my upper body LOL strange huh?

Anyway..
I do not want to be the unhealthy skinny guy with a gut... I'd like to build some respectful muscle mass, but more importantly... be healthy and stick to that lifestyle so I can see my daughter grow up as I get old. I am only 23 years old right now.

SleepingDemon
08-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Also, I do have a Multi-vitamin and Vitamin C which I take daily.

I currently drink close to half gallon milk of day with a glass of water after every meal.

Built
08-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Fats:
Butter
egg yolks
olive oil
fish oil
Avocados...

Cirino83
08-08-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

Cut150
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Have you ever considered going to a health food store for raw almonds? That way you don't have to worry about the almonds being processed in the same factory as peanuts.

Also, if there is a Trader Joe's near you, try the almond butter. Yes, on the label it will say that it was processed in a factory... However, I have never had any adverse effects from eating it and I also have a severe allergy to peanuts.

For your list, don't forget seafood, steaks and bacon/turkey bacon. You should be able to find a three pack of Oscar Mayer Turkey Bacon that just a little more than the cost of their regular packs of bacon.