PDA

View Full Version : Brian's Start to become STRONG!

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey I'm Brian Torman, I'm here to post the start of my work out, I'm just wanting to gain strength so here is my routine:

Bench press 75% of max. 3 reps - 3 sets
DB Bench press 8reps - 2 sets
DB French press 10reps - 2 sets
Skull crushers 8reps- 3 sets
manual push ups w/weight on back 10 reps - 3 sets.

I'm 18 6ft 135pounds!! Skinny huh? My goal is to get 180 pounds about feb 25th.

Eh, I'll have the food I'm eatting on here soon. I just logged in to the thing I used to calculate the food, I guess i forgot to save it. Basicly 3000 calories a day 50/30/20 is my goal. Any recommandations on protein foods would be nice. I will keep this udated thx for looking!

bjohnso
08-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Hi Brian, and welcome to WBB! I used to be pretty skinny too (155 at 6ft) but then I found WBB and got HHHYYYYOOOOOOGE! (sounds like an infomercial, doesn't it?). Anyway, good sources of protein would be milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, steak, beef, chicken, fish, eggs. It looks like you've done some research, which is swell. Good luck!

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Yes I have done a lot of research, as a skinny person if I do not have muscle I must have brains lol.. so they say. Thx for the food advice : ), tomorrow I plan on going out to food lion/wal-mart to pick up some foods. What do you think take the 3000 calories a day turn it into 6 meals a day?

also a few questions here "would be milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, steak, beef, chicken, fish, eggs" Milk whole milk will be fine? peanut butter can contain loads of fat, is there a certain kind is hould look for? Steak hmm :) lol, eggs.. just normal eggs? when i use fitday.com or whatever that is. They name all kinds of stuff lol. What kind of fish? i'm thinking tuna in a can. Any kind of chicken? lol sorry for all the questions but I've looked up a lot of stuff, and everything is so fatty now and days.

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey Brian. Welcome To WBB.
I have some concerns with your routine if you are wanting to put on muscle. You realize the only muscles you are working are your chest, and triceps aswell as your shoulders and lats to a smaller degree. The fact that your routine which is OVERtraining your muslces is so limited it will really hinder your gains.

-Do you have a gym to workout at or is this to be done at your house?
-Do you have any weightlifting experience?

As for diet some great protein packed foods would be..

Peanut butter - Also good for calories (fat.. good fat)
Tuna
MILK
Eggs
Meat (Chicken/Turkey/Steak)

If you are a "Hardgainer" which is likely looking at your weight. Then you should try to get about 6 meals a day. And i mean Meals not snacks. Also dont forget about sleeping!

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I have done some weight lifting, but not really enough to be experienced at it. I also forgot to state the work outs would be done on monday/wednessday/friday other days are rest days. The work outs will be done at my house, the gear is limited. I do not have the courage to go to the YMCA, or anything like that. If you knew what I went through then u'd understand lol.

Any advice on a routine maybe?

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:03 PM
I have done some weight lifting, but not really enough to be experienced at it. I also forgot to state the work outs would be done on monday/wednessday/friday other days are rest days. The work outs will be done at my house, the gear is limited. I do not have the courage to go to the YMCA, or anything like that. If you knew what I went through then u'd understand lol.

Hmm.. Could you please list the equipment you do have (Tell me how heavy your weights are too)

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I have the basic set up, I have a bench for bench presses, also you can raise it up for inclined stuff, at the end of it is this set up where you can work out ur legs, basicly u lay down on ur stomach and put ur legs under the pad (below the pad is where u add the weights) then you raise ur legs to do a 90 degree angle. Lol sorry I couldn't give u a better set up, and tomorrow I was going to buy another dumbell so I'd have 2.

I have 2 25lbs, 2 10lbs, 2 5lbs, and 2 8.8lbs.

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Go to YMCA dude. I went to the gym when I weighed 124 lbs, SupR goes to the gym (he started at like 130, is now 145). You better have a good excuse because being too small and weak ain't gonna cut it.

It sounds like you're scared of too much fat. Fat is good for you. You need it in your diet, and lots of it.

That leg thing is called a leg extension, aka knee destroyer. Don't use it.

I'll let Supa take care of the rest. ;)

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
The weights above are the plates? if im correct you could only work up to about a 140 pound bench (including the 45 pound bar which i dont know if you have). That doesn't allow for much progress but i guess you could buy the plates as you go.

Well heres what you could do:

Day 1 - Upper Body A

Bench press
Scaption (Inbetween a Lateral and Front Raise)
Dips (If you can find a place in your house to do them (inside corner of a counter?.. between tables?)
Chinups (If you can find a place to do them...)
One Arm Rows

Day 3 - Legs

Quad Extensions (Can be dangerous) Keep weights lower reps higher and smaller breaks
Lunges
Standing Calf Raises
Ab Work

Day 5 - Upper Body B

Incline DB Press
Pec Flyes
Bicep Curls
Tricep Extensions
Shoulder Press
Shrugs

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Lol my excuse.. uh.. well it begins with skinny and ends with whiter then sour cream lol. If I did walk in I'd feel very akward at first, I just don't know how to approach it.

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Lol my excuse.. uh.. well it begins with skinny and ends with whiter then sour cream lol. If I did walk in I'd feel very akward at first, I just don't know how to approach it.

Oh, I thought there was actually something SERIOUS keeping you outta tha gym. Haha yeah seroiusly go to the YMCA it would be way better for your progress. We all did it that first little while yes can be awkward, but thats just your own mindset, once you get used to it. The gym will feel like home. Honestly.

---BAKO --- Wow i started at 124 too. Im bound to have a 280lb. bench!!!!!

and weigh 155... hah...;)

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Okay now I'm seriously thinking about starting it (YMCA), but this is what i'll feel like when i first enter :micro: lol, I won't know what machine is what, or what to do any advice?

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:32 PM
All you need is a rack and a bar.
You shouldn't use machines or anything anyways.

Here's a routine you can do once you go to the gym.

A:
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Dips 2 x 8
Abs 2 x 8

B:
Squat 3x5
Over head press 3 x 5
Deadlift 3 x 5
Curls 2 x 8
Abs 2 x 8

Rotate A and B. Workout Mon, Wed, Fri.

So it should go

Mon - A
Wed - B
Fri - A
Mon - B

Sets do not include warmups.

Simple and easy. If you eat 3,000 (actually I'd go for 3,500) calories like you were planning, you will grow and you will get stronger. Guaranteed. Any questions?

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Okay now I'm seriously thinking about starting it (YMCA), but this is what i'll feel like when i first enter :micro: lol, I won't know what machine is what, or what to do any advice?

Well if you are that big of a gym newbbbbbb :newbie:
Then i think you should go in and orientate yourself with the gym equipment to start off. First thing to remember (Machines are great... but dont get to interested in them... free weights are where its at).

Spot out these areas to start off:

Squat Rack
Bench Press
Chinup Bar
Dip Bar

You should be spending a high majority of your time in these areas.

As for a routine. Im currently doing a modified version of WBB 1.1, but that routine includes alot of exercises you probably have never done before (or heard of for that matter) so id suggest to start off with something simpler for a couple weeks.

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry Supa, couldn't help it :D.

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I will ask the question below.

A:
Squat 3x5 (with weight, if so how much should i start with (or find out how much))
Bench Press 3x5 (75% of max?)
Barbell Row 3x5 (don't know what this is)
Dips 2 x 8 (nor this)
Abs 2 x 8 (crunches?)

B:
Squat 3x5
Over head press 3 x 5 (this is where u sit down back str8, put barbell behind head, rest on the shoulders then rise it til arms are str8 above head?)
Deadlift 3 x 5 (don't know)
Curls 2 x 8 ( 75% of max?)
Abs 2 x (if crunches for the first one, what for this one (the same))

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry Supa, couldn't help it :D.

bitched outttt.

SupRsmall
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM
I will ask the question below.

A:
Squat 3x5 (with weight, if so how much should i start with (or find out how much))
Bench Press 3x5 (75% of max?)
Barbell Row 3x5 (don't know what this is)
Dips 2 x 8 (nor this)
Abs 2 x 8 (crunches?)

B:
Squat 3x5
Over head press 3 x 5 (this is where u sit down back str8, put barbell behind head, rest on the shoulders then rise it til arms are str8 above head?)
Deadlift 3 x 5 (don't know)
Curls 2 x 8 ( 75% of max?)
Abs 2 x (if crunches for the first one, what for this one (the same))

Squat- Work on your form first http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=276 That is how i learnt to squat. Dont do any high weights work with the bar and maybe throw on some 10s for the first day but that should be it.

Bench Press- 75% is too low. Try to work with 80%+ If you can rep it 8+ times you need to up the weight IMO.

Barbell Row - http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html Find almost any exercise imaginable there. http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/DBBentOverRow.html <--- This is one variation.

Dips- http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/Triceps/ASTriDip.html

Abs- Theres a wide range of exercises you could do. Crunches will work.

Over head press- http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/DBShoulderPress.html <--- One varition. Can be done with Barbell but i prefer dumbells.

Deadlifts- Definately work on form first.

Curls- Same Thing as bench.

Abs- Plank, Side Plank, Walk outs, Twist Crunches, Leg Raises...

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try this out for sure, hopefully tomorrow I can stop by the local YMCA, and see what they have up there. If I did this routine and shot for 3500 calories a day (6meals). How fast would it take to get like 160/170 (my goal is 180). I'm very motivated at the moment lol, thx to yall. I can bench only like 100/110 max, i would to at least bench my body weight which at the moment is 135-137. What ya think?

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:51 PM
:withstupi

Don't worry about %s. If you can do 6-8 reps, up the weight, etc.
OH press - if you decide to use the barbell, bring it in front of you, not behind the neck.
Form is the most important thing. Should be your #1 priority right now.
Don't be scared of deadlifts (like SupR). Watch videos on youtube, look up articles on proper form, etc.
Good luck, let us know if you have any more questions.

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
What can you replace dips with, if they don't have that there?

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm going to try this out for sure, hopefully tomorrow I can stop by the local YMCA, and see what they have up there. If I did this routine and shot for 3500 calories a day (6meals). How fast would it take to get like 160/170 (my goal is 180). I'm very motivated at the moment lol, thx to yall. I can bench only like 100/110 max, i would to at least bench my body weight which at the moment is 135-137. What ya think?

Remember you don't have to eat 6 meals. 1 gigantic meal would have the same effect. I prefer 3 big meals a day and shoot for 3,600-4,000.

You should get stronger very fast, so that should keep you motivated. The weight gain will come steadily. @ 3,500 I'd estimate about 2.5 lbs a week, so in a month you should be 170. It all depends on the person though, not everyone is the same.

You're already bigger and stronger than I was when I started.

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
What can you replace dips with, if they don't have that there?

I'm positive they'll have a dip station, but if not you could do -

Skull Crushers
Close Grip Bench
Kaz Press
Triceps Extension
JM Press

Just to name a few.

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
170 a month? 2.5lbs a week? lol I'm a newbie hardcore, but I think i'm a pro in math. xD

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I know how to do skull crushers lol. I also remembered it becuz I once said how do they call it that, then I thought if u was lifting like 300lbs and slipped, it'd crush ur head.

Lol you say i'm bigger, then u when u started. I feel like I have no self convidence around people, unless I really know them. People kind of look down on me i feel like becuz I'm so skinny.

how much is this going to cost lol getting 3500 cals a day?

I guess I'm going to head to bed night thx for all the information guys! This is insane on how much I've learned just from these forums thx!

Bako Lifter
08-08-2007, 10:59 PM
170 a month? 2.5lbs a week? lol I'm a newbie hardcore, but I think i'm a pro in math. xD

Oh, lol. I read it as you already weighed 160. Just eat and be patient, you'll get there sooner than you know it.

But if you really want it, you MUST track your cals on fitday.com
You can't estimate, you will end up under eating.

Sharkxx
08-08-2007, 11:48 PM
lol i'm like 135-137, i was thinkin damn.. 170 xD 1month lol we need to sell this ****! anyways I use fitday or did use it tonight, do u have to buy it to get the best use out of it, or can u just get by with the free one.

One more thing what about supplements, and excerises before the workouts and stuff like that. (I also have to run 1mile in 7mins (currently can do 9min)), becuz i'm in the army. Any thoughts on that stuff would be apperciated thx again, I will check this tomorrow morning c ya thx again for all the help.

bjohnso
08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes I have done a lot of research, as a skinny person if I do not have muscle I must have brains lol.. so they say. Thx for the food advice : ), tomorrow I plan on going out to food lion/wal-mart to pick up some foods. What do you think take the 3000 calories a day turn it into 6 meals a day?

also a few questions here "would be milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter, steak, beef, chicken, fish, eggs" Milk whole milk will be fine? peanut butter can contain loads of fat, is there a certain kind is hould look for? Steak hmm :) lol, eggs.. just normal eggs? when i use fitday.com or whatever that is. They name all kinds of stuff lol. What kind of fish? i'm thinking tuna in a can. Any kind of chicken? lol sorry for all the questions but I've looked up a lot of stuff, and everything is so fatty now and days.

3000 cals spread across 6 meals sounds good. Whole milk is definately what you want, at this point you need all the calories you can get. Keep in mind that dietary fat DOES NOT make you fat, calories do. If you ate 5000 calories of broccoli (which contains no fat) a day you would get fat. Tuna or salmon would be fine. Careful with that tuna though, some of the types have high mercury levels. Any kind of chicken will do.

Don't be afraid to go to the YMCA dude. Nobody in there knows what they are doing, and I mean NOBODY. LOL!

Sharkxx
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Well sense this is a journal I'll state what I did this morning.

I went to bed last night around 4am woke up at 12:30pm, I have to work on that lol.

There is no breakfeast! I smoked a cig. Then I broke the rest of them threw them away, and quit smoking. I'm going out here soon to wal mart/food lion, going to pick up some stuff to get this started. Today i will practice form, with like 10/20lbs. I'll get back on how it worked.

also in food selction, isn't it really bad to have saturated fats, and mono fats?

Bako Lifter
08-09-2007, 11:22 AM
If you have a camera, it would be a good idea to video tape yourself to work on form. Either showing it to us or doing it yourself.

Good job on quitting the cigs ;).

If you're eating the food you listed you don't have to worry about saturated fats and stuff.

Supplements: Creatine Monohydrate, Whey Protein.

For the mile thing, look up "8 seconds of glory" in the search function.
Or you could just keep running the mile trying to get faster every time.
I wouldn't run more than 2 miles a week though, it's going to interfere with your weight gain.

Sharkxx
08-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I'll have to do that get a video of my work out routine once it gets going, and let yall see it.

I tried using fitday but that thing is annoying so many foods! I spent 3 hours last night working on foods, then it didnt' save my foods. So now I'mma have to redo it.

I think I'm going to buy Whey, thats only like 30$ or 40$ (better last me like a month lol). I only have a 200$ budget right now. I'm also having my teeth taken out (two of them) I had reconstruction mouth surgery, and two of my teeth didn't make it, so I'mma have to pay that ****, insurance won't cover it. So how much does it usuallyc ost to eat 3000/3500 a day?

Sharkxx
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
This is what I have so far for my foods.

3 cups of milk a day.
2 tablespoons of Peanut butter.
Egg, scrambled, made from dry eggs. 1 cup.
tuna canned, oil packed 2 can 6.5 oz's.
turkey ham 4 slices 1oz.
bread high protein 4 slices
cottage cheese, NFS 1 cup.

46% fat, 16% carbs, 37% protein. 2252 calories. What you think the other 1300 should be?

bjohnso
08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
This is what I have so far for my foods.

3 cups of milk a day.
2 tablespoons of Peanut butter.
Egg, scrambled, made from dry eggs. 1 cup.
tuna canned, oil packed 2 can 6.5 oz's.
turkey ham 4 slices 1oz.
bread high protein 4 slices
cottage cheese, NFS 1 cup.

46% fat, 16% carbs, 37% protein. 2252 calories. What you think the other 1300 should be?

The same thing, just more of it.

Sharkxx
08-09-2007, 12:37 PM
shouldn't i have more carbs?

Okay this is what I'm going to go out and get tomorrow morning if everything checks out..

Milk, NFS 3 cups

Peanut butter 2 tablespoons

Egg, scrambled, made from dry eggs 1 cup

Tuna, canned, oil pack 6.5 oz's drained.

Turkey ham 4 slices (1oz a slice).

bread, high protein 8slices

cottage cheese 1 cup

chicken pot pie (2, 8 oz's frozen.)

over all.. 46% fat, 24% carbs, 31% protein. 3483cals.

What do yall think sound good?

SupRsmall
08-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Drink more milk! My only thoughts. You get an easy 9g of protein out of a cup of milk 250mL. When im ACTIVELY bulking i get 2 litres++ per day. so thats 9X8 = 70g from milk alone. pretty good. But yeah diet looks good. Be careful not to have tuna every day tho - high mercury levels in tuna cause cancer if you have it too much. Try to keep it to under 3 cans per week.

Sharkxx
08-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Well guys thx for all this information, I will get all the materials, and start this routine, up coming monday. Sense this is a journal lol I will go ahead and tell u tomorrow plans. G/f coming over house is 2 our self... :birthday: Its not my birthday but it will be lol xD thx again yall. I will post tomorrow evening to tell u how things went with my lady friend, and how the material buying went.

Sharkxx
08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Today was a great work out, I bought all the foods I needed, brought the lady friend over. I think i mainly got good hip action, and good finger action. I'm hoping to improve my over all body here soon. Thx for the support I'll get back 2 you on how the work out goes, now that i got all the materials.

SupRsmall
08-10-2007, 06:16 PM
good thrustin there sharxxx, great cardio. You'll be running under 7 in no time, but make sure not to thrust too long, you dont wanna burn too many calories! :indian:

Herandi
08-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Hey sharkxx, yeah you've done a great thing by joining this forum, its unbelievable how much you'll learn in just a few weeks here. I will second the creatine, it's helping me out a lot, and it's a great strength booster, just make sure you're drinking enough water though. I started off around 6 foot 150 pounds (pretty skinny), only about 163 now but got up to 180 before (from 150) in about 4 months. You'll find your strength increases really huge when you're just starting up, which gives you a lot of confidence. By just going to the gym and trying the exercises out you'll get the hang of them all in no time. Just concentrate on YOUR progression and make sure you're eating, lifting, and sleeping right and you'll get where you want to be in no time. I'll keep an eye on this journal, good luck man :thumbup:

jacked
08-11-2007, 07:35 AM
hey brian im new to this sit but everything everyone is saying sounds good but!!!!! you need to eat alot! so on your chest and back days?, the night before eat garbage like mcdonalds and lots of it and watch how stronge you get the next day but only on those two days!!! i was 145pounds once and now im 225pounds so dont worry about a little fat just eat to grow and then diet on just high protein foods!!!! or you will take for ever toet your weight up!!! try it

Sharkxx
08-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Thx guys, I apperciate all the help, if it wasn't for these forums, I would probbly have done wrong formations, and even some wrong routines. All the advice has helped me out tremendously so thx! I will start my routine Monday. I'm looking forward to it. Thats also when I start the diet to gain weight. I do have a questoin my friend was wondering. He works out, and smokes weed, smoking weed.. it isn't as bad as cigs, but still bad obvisously.. Could that hurt him? Thx! (also knowing all you guys started out as skinny or skinner then me has inspired me to get bigger so thank you fellow skinny people).

Bako Lifter
08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
hey brian im new to this sit but everything everyone is saying sounds good but!!!!! you need to eat alot! so on your chest and back days?, the night before eat garbage like mcdonalds and lots of it and watch how stronge you get the next day but only on those two days!!! i was 145pounds once and now im 225pounds so dont worry about a little fat just eat to grow and then diet on just high protein foods!!!! or you will take for ever toet your weight up!!! try it
:windup:

Thx guys, I apperciate all the help, if it wasn't for these forums, I would probbly have done wrong formations, and even some wrong routines. All the advice has helped me out tremendously so thx! I will start my routine Monday. I'm looking forward to it. Thats also when I start the diet to gain weight. I do have a questoin my friend was wondering. He works out, and smokes weed, smoking weed.. it isn't as bad as cigs, but still bad obvisously.. Could that hurt him? Thx! (also knowing all you guys started out as skinny or skinner then me has inspired me to get bigger so thank you fellow skinny people).
I'm not sure about the pot. There are a couple of threads that I've seen about it though, maybe do a search and read what everyone had to say.

Sharkxx
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
I haven't been able to post any, been having surgery. So becuz of this.. lol I can't really get out in the heat, and work out and all that great fun body building ****. So once I get feeling better I'mma start (hopefully this up coming monday). btw if ur curious what surgery I've been having, some old reconstructive mouth surgery, had to be fixed, long as removing two teeth. :O very annoying, but good pain killers = good days xD.

SupRsmall
08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
noooooooooooooo. you cant wait another week too much suspense

anyways, ...Enjoy the pain suckkkkaaaaaaaaaaaa haha

Sharkxx
08-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Okay i've been busy so here is some updates...

Monday: calories 3400
Tuesday: calories 1800 (had surgery only could eat that much). I also was jacked up on pain killers, and decided to do a work out, thinkin it was wednessday lol... so here's what i did.

Work out B: Squats 3x5 set 1: 50pds, set 2: 50pounds, set 3: 70pounds (only did 3, out of the 5).

Overhead press 3x5 set 1-3 40 pounds
curls 3x5 2x8 set1-2, 40pounds
(was afraid to do deadlift lol, didn't really practice that enough).
Abs 2x8 crunches.

I dont' know if I should work out today or not after yesterday. I just got up, and so far only one slim fast high protein. My upper legs are swore, from the squats. My arms feel fine.. shouldn't they be swore 2? What do yall think so far?

Sharkxx
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Okay I didn't work out today, but I did eat good lol.

Slim-fast high protein
pot pies
high protein candy bar
apple juice
milk
whey
nuts

Thats pretty much what I had today.

Total calories = 3800.

SupRsmall
08-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Good stuff. Solid amount of cals.

Sharkxx
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I'm just hoping to see some real good results! I'm hopin by the 3rd/4th week to see nearly 10lbs added.

Sharkxx
08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Today i decided to work out, so far tuesday/thursday. Sense i messed up i figured i'd go ahead and just do tues/thurs, sense I have saturday, and sunday drills in the army. Then start it back normal Mon/wed/fri.

Work out A:
Squat sets 3 - 50lbs
bench press sets 3 - 70lbs
bend over rowing I think it was- sets 3 - 20lbs (going to probbly put 40lbs on next time, 20 was way to easy).
Dips, changed into close grip bench 2x8- 50 lbs, only did one set. Didn't have gloves and was slippery sweat, was kind of bad lol.
abs 2x8 crunches.

before this I ate about 700calories, through out the morning.

lol I feel sad : ( all under three digits. and low on top of that.

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't worry, the gains will come faster than you think. Nice workout ;).

Oh ya, and sense = since. Lol, sorry, but I've seen you do it like a hundred times.

Sharkxx
08-16-2007, 03:50 PM
lol thats a little embarrassing, oh well :). I barely pass english 1,2,3. lol I actually am redoin english 3 this year. Thx for the support guys.

So every week (the end of it) I should beable to go up 10lbs in each thing? or only 5? SENSE! :), i am here, lol peace!.:bang:

SupRsmall
08-16-2007, 05:34 PM
im not really sure about your gains it is based on your routine, how hard you work in the gym, how you eat (supplements too), how you rest, and genetics.

But yeah, try to remember how many reps you did of each so it would be easier to asses your progress!

Now you've started. Time to STRONGGGG!! :strong:

Also howd u manage to do 50 pounds on the squats? Were you including the bar or what? becuase a bar is 45 pounds unless you 2.5rrss on each side hah

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
^ Ya, I'm wondering how you did 20 lb rows.

But you should raise the weight as much as you can from workout to workout. Don't limit yourself to 5 or 10, just as long as you can keep good form.

Sharkxx
08-16-2007, 08:20 PM
WEll I thought i added in my sets, and everything, so you could see what i did. Maybe it wasn't clear enough.

I did not add the bar, forgot about it. The bar I use is like 5/10lbs I believe. I'll have to figure that out.

yes bent over rowing I did 20lbs, and it was way to easy.

I practiced form, on everything, and i've been eatting 3000+ calories a day, but that one day I had surgery only like i think 1800, or 1900.

Today I've eatting 3410cals. I don't know about the routine, I can't tell if this is for me or not. don't really know how 2 tell. The sleep factor is kind of random. I get 8-11hours a sleep a day. I eat just when i feel like it lol. I'm doing everything the way yallt old me. I know I can't see results the first 2 times i work out, but I really want to! I'm sick of being so skinny.

Edit: THe squats 50lbs, is pretty easy. I practiced form on that for awhile. I think I can probbly go up to 60 after a few more sessions, at the end of the third set, on the 5th rep. I had a hard time coming up.

I also barely could bench 70lbs. That was hard.

Row was easy, didn't really see that as a work out 20lbs lol. (not for the right arm, thats my saturday night friend :)).

The close grip bench, my hands were sweaty and I couldn't finish the second set.

Abs crunches = easy as well.

SupRsmall
08-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Do you have a picture of the bar or could find one, i think you are underestimating how much it weighs

Herandi
08-17-2007, 05:03 AM
good work, keep eating a lot and you will laugh at your numbers in a few months mwahaha

Sharkxx
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
I weighted it today, the bar is 12.5lbs. So really i'm doing 82.5lbs on my benches. (that makes me feel a little better lol). i would like to bench my weight at least. Currently is 135.

another thing.. I went out and bought 135$ worth of food. Like whey, high protein ****. i don't have a lot of money to spend on food, once I run out of all this good stuff. I'm just going to have to eat whatever i can just to live lol. I'm afraid that is going to get in the way of my gains. If i can get whey once I run out, thats like 600cals, about, and drink two of those a day. thats 1200. (two cups of milk, two scoops of whey, is what I normally do). Any advice?:help:

Sharkxx
08-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Okay well I'm not going to be here most of today drills, this weekend peace.

Bako Lifter
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Don't buy whey if you think you're gonna run out of money.

Try my shakes, SupRsmall drinks em too! And what is this 600 calories? That's bitch fooooood!!!

Recipe:
2 cups of milk.
8 tbsp of peanut butter.
1 cup of ice cream.

1,400 calories!!!!! And like 50-60g of protein. Eat up ;).

Sharkxx
08-20-2007, 07:15 AM
lol I laughed when I read that ****. What do you do with the ****? Just blend the peanut butter, and ice cream together into the milk?:scratch:

Sense you have stuff like 1400 cals in one drink.. u recommand anything else? :dj:

Sharkxx
08-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey today I did work out: B.

Squat (went up 10): 72.5
over head press (went up 10): 62.5
curls (went up 10): 62.5

I decided to take ABs out, because I'm in the army, and I have to do a ton of sit ups, and push up's, so the work out is, monday, wed, fri. between the days I'mma work on my push up's, and sit up's.

I tried to do dead lift, but I could tell I was doing it wrong. I went to youtube and tried getting formations, just having troubles with it.

Herandi
08-22-2007, 07:03 PM
good work. check out this (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBDeadlift.html) for deadlift. there are many variations that some prefer, but that's your basic deadlift :thumbup:

Sharkxx
08-22-2007, 07:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's something I made on Friday. I didn't feel like cooking and didn't really have anything that I thought would taste good together but it turned out alright!

3 scoops of chocolat protein powder
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of blueberry yogurt
4 cups of 2% milk
8 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 trays of ice

When I put it into fitday it was 2013 calories.

I think I'm going to tryt his out xD sounds very nice. (I copied and paste that from a forum, up top it said, I made that friday (that wasn't me)). I just read that lol, don't want to take credit for something that isn't mine, peace!

SupRsmall
08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
why dont you go to the YMCA~!!!!! WAT WAT??

how many reps/sete u doing for each exercise?

Sharkxx
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I do 5reps, 3 sets. some 8reps 2sets. I weighed my self today, I gained 5lbs, so i went from 135-140. Its a start. I'm shooting for 185 (would be happy with 170 :)). Going out side now to work out, i'll post back here in a few.

Sharkxx
08-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Okay I did work out B today.

squats: 72.5lbs (was easy, next week I'm going up 2 82.5)
bench 92.5lbs (went up 10 in that 3sets 5reps).
bend over rowing or rolling w/e 20lbs 3sets 8reps (20lbs)
close grip bench 2sets 8reps 62.5lbs.

I also gained 5pounds, so now I'm 140. I can see the results alrdy, starting to get a chest, neck is getting bigger.. etc..

SupRsmall
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
bench is moving niceeeeeely.
GO TO THE YMCA?!

Sharkxx
08-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I will go to the YmCa, but the work out I'm doing now, that bako gave me, all the materials are at the house, and sense I don't have my car yet, it is a lot easier to do it at the house. Doesn't the Ymca require a membership?

Sharkxx
08-25-2007, 07:50 PM
is it just me, or is everybodies squats a lot higher then there bench..? My bench is higher then my squats, is that a problem? I do 3x5 squats, and 3x5 bench.

SupRsmall
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I think being in an environment where people are getting stronger is alot better than at home. Also you will be able to use a squat rack (so u can go closer to your max without worrrying about dropping the weight). Theres also an unlimited amount of exercises you can do. I mean, I have a gym at my house, but I went out of my way (when i started working out.. 85 pound bench, didn't squat didn't dL in the spring got a memebership at a gym that i didn't have transportation to so i took the bus half hour both ways JUST TO WORKOUT. Im glad I did. Would you be able to get a car anytime soon Sharxxx?

About the squats. I used to bench more than my squat. My bench was about 115 and my squat was 95 parellel. I think it has alot to do with form, and pushing yourself. I never really pushed myself on squat until several weeks ago, then my numbers started to shoot up (I wasnt scared of squatting to failure anymore).

Sharkxx
08-30-2007, 04:25 PM
its been awhile sinse i posted so here is the results.. (last monday)

Squat 82.5, 1x5
squat 72.5 3x5

over head press 62.5 3x5

curls 72.5 1x4
curls 62.5 1x4 1x8

I skipped wednessday, I made a mistake had a soda in school, and two enegry drinks, and it was hot out. So yeah I was like screw that.

squats 62.5 2x3
squats 72.5 2x4
squats 82.5 1x4 1x5

bench 72.5 1x5
bench 82.5 1x5
bench 92.5 1x5
bench 102.5 1x5

barbell rows 2x8 20lbs each arm.

Tonight i'm going to work on my abs, I need some advice, I need to have more of a work out I think then what I have posted up there.. Any advice.

also my car is going to be like 1 more month, if not 2months. So I'm going to just work out at the house while I wait for my car. Any advice?

(also I'm running out of food for bulking, and I think I am still 140, I took my clothes off the other day (was in boxers)) was 139. I'm eatting 2300+ cals a day. seems to be like 3000 a day, the lowest I go is 2300, only becuz i'm running low on food. Thx for the help guys!

OGROK
08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Alright, listen up man, you are doing it wrong.

First of all, you shouldn't be ramping while you are on the SS program (the one Bako Lifter gave you earlier in this thread).

You do two sets of warmups at 50% and 75% of your 5RM and then you do 3 sets of 5 reps at 100% of your 5RM (AT THE SAME WEIGHT). That means as much as you can possibly lift for a total of 5 reps.

You are doing the rows wrong as well. Use a barbell and try to kick the weight up to at least 75 lbs. I know you aren't using a barbell because the barbell alone is 45 lbs. If your rows don't look something like this you are doing them wrong. http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/BBBentOverRow.html

If you followed the routine Bako Lifter gave you on pg. 1, every time you leave the gym you should feel completely exhausted.

Either start doing it right or all that food you are eating is going to turn into fat.

Sharkxx
09-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks I will start doing it right, I didn't realize thats what I was pose 2 do, some times I'm slow. Apperciate it, going to try it out this monday.

Sharkxx
09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Okay i did the work out completely right this time! here's what i got..
warm up: 52.5 2x5, 72.5 2x5
squats 92.5 3x5

warmup: 52.5 2x5, 72.5 2x5
bench 102.5 1x5, 92.5 2x5

warm up: 40lbs 2x5, 50lbs 2x5
rows: 72.5 2x8

abs 2x8 crunches.

Okay.. I felt very tired afterwards, I actually have a little back pain, and my neck hurts from where i kind of dropped the 92.5 pound squat on my neck lol, it was a slip up.

I also am still 140lbs. I'm not going up in weight, I also don't see a lot of improvements on my chest, still pretty flat, my legs still not getting firm, and my arms don't see to be gaining obvisous muscles... I know really don't expect a lot, after all I'm not lifting tons of weight, but I'm doing my max, should i still get some results..? Some help would be apperciated thx guys I know you won't let me down! c ya

also it is getting hard to get 3000cals a day, when I'm almost completely out of food and money.. =\ its all going down hill it feels like and was in vein. Feels like I wasted my money and time.. Kind of making me lose interest, I mean i love working out, and I don't plan on giving up, but if it isn't working out, then whats the point.

SupRsmall
09-04-2007, 09:09 PM
if 3000cals isn't making your weight go up.
then the solution is add more cals. Try adding 500 more cals a day.
But like you said you're running out of food?
Im not too sure what to do in that situation.

About the muscle gain. It will be gradual you probably wont be able to see much if you weren't eating an EXCESS of calories CONSISTANTLY.

In a summer alone, ive got alot of comments about my increased size from people at school. Just be consistant and the results will come. you cant expect much if you half ass it.

Sharkxx
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
The food situation is.. like today I didn't go to school, and so far i got up at 11 a.m, and now its 1:30pm, all I've had is tea, and a bannana.. I can't even drink whey, never have milk anymore. I'm thinking I'mma have to stop working out, becuz I don't want to start losing weight lol.

Sharkxx
09-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I watched a lot of youtube videos on dead lifting, squatting, and benching. I've been practicing on doing correct forms. I realize I was doing them wrong after doing them the right way, and I know that can hinder ur gains, plus i've still been smoking lol.. its hard to quit -_-, so I'm really turning things around, I might not beable to eat 3000cals a day but i can get 2500 at least. So I'm going to stick with the routine do it the correct way, I don't think next week I'm going to improve 10lbs like I want 2, but I will give it a try, now doing the correct forms on squatting, I think I will beable to do them smoothly, and not kill my self over them, also I am very skinny, so i can't expect to do what I was doing and get tons of results fast. Sense I can't do Dips, I think i'm going ot start doing, close grip bench pressing, even though I don't think they are very effective. Also.. in this excerise what makes ur forearm bigger? Curls? I have a small forearm from being so skinny, and my new goal is to beable to bench my weight which is 140, curl 100, squat 160, dead lifts.. don't know yet. What ya think about allt his?

Sharkxx
09-06-2007, 05:50 PM
also one more thing, I'm thinking about doing a 5day work out, is that possible with limited equipment? I'm getting into fighting,and kick boxing, and I'm going to want to spend my spare time lifting weights, and fighting thx for any advice.

Sharkxx
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay today was a very good day.. I kind of figured out how far I could really push my self, and not be afraid of the weight...

squats: 50 2x5
75 2x5
100 1x5
110 1x5
120 1x5
130 1x2 (could of done three, but had no help so I wasn't risking nothing).

Dead lifts:
75 2x5
100 2x5
120 2x5
140 2x5

over head press:
30 2x5
50 1x5
75 2x5 1x3 (these are really hard for me...)

Curls:
50 2x5
70 1x3 (I had to go to an appointment so I wasn't going to beable to finish).

Okay these are not insane numbers.. but I went from only squatting 90, to 130, dead lifts.. Well i didn't really do them.. so 140 woot! lol. My bench use to be ****, I can do 100 3x5, 120 1x5. So I'm starting to improve... :), to bad I lost weight!! 137, I was 140 today I started eatting like a mad man! lol, hells nah, I need more weight its bulking not cutting. Also when should i start seeing a good chest? I can see my body's result from working out, and now I am doing the full work out, no half ass ****, and good formation, I know I will see better improvements.. but when should i start seeing a chest that people will be like damn... 2 lol.. (women not guys). Thx!

Herandi
09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
numbers are improving keep it up. LET THE BULK COMMENCE!