PDA

View Full Version : regual herford beef v.s. all natural black angus?

IronSoldier
08-09-2007, 09:32 AM
over the summer i did a lot of work in a butchery, and at this particular place we had your regular choice herford beef as well as the "all natural" black angus. I can't tell you how many times there would be customers that would ask what this "all natural means" as instructed i just informed them that it ment the cow was raised with no antibiotics and growth hormones. mearly mentioning that it had no growth hormones the customer jumped at it and said that they will only buy this meat from now on instead of your everyday beef because they don't want these "chemicals" in their bodies.

now most of these people that did this wouldn't be able to distinguish the difference between simple and complex carbs if their life depended on it let alone the effects of a growth hormone on the human body. however, i questioned as to the true difference in the meat quality. the black angus appeared to be leaner and maintained its bright pink/red color longer. but i guess my question is, is there truely a difference as far as health is concerned when it comes to buying your meat whether it be select, choice, prime grade or all natural?

ArmandSV
08-09-2007, 10:14 AM
i would ask the owner of the butchery you worked for, he seems like the best source of meat info

or maybe google