PDA

View Full Version : 1 month checkpoint (with comparison pics)

chrislehr
03-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Time for a check in on my progress...

(FU in advance for chest hair comments.)

Here's what I started with (1 month ago, I was 225 lbs, and very little muscle around 26% BF)

Kicked it off with the hollywood miracle 48 hour diet (I didnt lose MUCH weight - but it makes for a VERY good cleaning out)
THen I began the Atkins diet - low carb, low sugar, high protein. I chose this MOSTLY due to a friend being on it, and he raved about it. He has been on for a LONG time, but I was thinking more of a 3-4 week dieting period, followed by just much HEALTHIER diet (but not so restrictive) I also began taking Xenadrine (www.xenadrine.com) 2 pills in the AM, and 2 pills around 4pm (for my 6pm workout)

My workout routine has only been SOLID for 2 weeks. Monday is Chest/Back, Wed is legs, and Friday is Arms. Tue/Thurs is cardio - running, and I do abs and boxing heavy bag at least every OTHER day.

The only *problem* with my whole plan, is I changed too much at once, so I cannot tell which parts are working and what is not.

Current weight is 215, and BF% is 20.9% (working to hit 210 and 15% if possible.)

The great part is I *feel* a TON healthier, and know that I am growing and on my way to even better!

http://chrislehr.com/ot/compare-workout-3.4.02.jpg

Jeremy
03-05-2002, 02:05 PM
Wow! There has been a great deal of noticable hypertrophy, particularly in the chest hair! The stomach hair seems to be lagging however. Heh, but seriously for one month there have been noticable improvements, especially in the biceps and triceps. Keep up the good work! Take your pictures closer up next time though.

-Jeremy

chris mason
03-05-2002, 02:36 PM
You are looking good man, keep it up!

p.s. I am not one to comment on chest hair:D .

ElPietro
03-05-2002, 02:40 PM
haha...if there is an ice age chris, pup and chrislehr won't freeze to death, that's for sure. :D

I wouldn't worry too much comparing month to month...sometimes it takes a bit longer to make a noticeable difference...especially one that a camera would pic up...

chrislehr
03-05-2002, 02:56 PM
I highly doubt I will ever nair/shave, FYI - My g/f for some odd reason REALLY likes it (what a wacko)

syntekz
03-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Good luck with training. Like ElPietro said, I'd give it a little more time to see results.

What kind of lifts you throwing up?

chrislehr
03-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by syntekz
Good luck with training. Like ElPietro said, I'd give it a little more time to see results.

What kind of lifts you throwing up?

Examples: Last night was chest/back

Bench is about 140-160 (flat, incline & decline)
Chinups 2 sets of 6 with medium assistance
Dead lifts and shrugs and barbell rows are all at about 90 right now, but it's only cause it's only the 2nd week of chest/back - next week, I will bump them all by at least 20 lbs... (wanted to not shock the system TOO much.

syntekz
03-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Yeah; it's to best to start out with lower weights to work on form as well.