PDA

View Full Version : singleply bench shirts

minotaur70
08-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Hey, has anyone here tried both titan and metal single ply shirts? I have used titan fury, F6 and katana- just wondering how the metal ipf shirts compare. Anyone had a chance to try both?

jtteg_x
08-11-2007, 02:25 AM
ive tried titan shirts and metal suits. from those 2 companies, metal has a much greater single ply material imo. much more heavy duty and thicker.

minotaur70
08-11-2007, 03:25 AM
I have a metal dl suit and had a viking vtype squatter too- I think the katana material is way thicker.

deeder
08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a metal dl suit and had a viking vtype squatter too- I think the katana material is way thicker.

Does how thick it is make a difference? The viking material has amazing stopping power regardless of how thick it is.

minotaur70
08-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Does how thick it is make a difference? The viking material has amazing stopping power regardless of how thick it is.

I agree, but I think the tests that were done by the ipf to determine stretchability/strength etc also showed the nxg super was top of the list. Not that this is what makes a shirt better than another. You just don't hear or see much of the single ply ipf metal stuff, while you hear plenty about the double ply stuff.

deeder
08-12-2007, 04:07 AM
I agree, but I think the tests that were done by the ipf to determine stretchability/strength etc also showed the nxg super was top of the list. Not that this is what makes a shirt better than another. You just don't hear or see much of the single ply ipf metal stuff, while you hear plenty about the double ply stuff.

What are you talking about. Metal is huge in the CPU I dunno about down in the states though.

minotaur70
08-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Its encouraging to hear that in CPU its huge. I haven't seen many use metal shirts at the worlds though- and I don't know of many top level benchers using single ply metal shirts in the ipf.