PDA

View Full Version : How much protein?/Eating habits

ImAnthony
08-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Alright well heres the thing, my eating habits are a mess and I just need to get it sorted out. About how much protein should I consume daily? Also should I eat more protein on my off days? I'm looking for a number that will ultimately bulk me up, but also not too much as where you can notice you're putting on some fat as well, even though you obviously are. Replies will be greatly appreciated, ask any questions about my eating habitsif needed.

-Anthony

mikey4402
08-11-2007, 10:49 AM
1-1.5 grams of protien per lb of body mass. every day your body doesnt stop working just because your not in the gym. also i think your confusing protien and calories.

WOrd of advice. your new here and your asking alot of noobie questions. try seaching them and reading the stickys, then if you have questions we will be here. if you dont heed my advice you will probley get flammed and made fun of

Kong
08-11-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119 POW!

Outshine
08-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Alright well heres the thing, my eating habits are a mess and I just need to get it sorted out. About how much protein should I consume daily? Also should I eat more protein on my off days? I'm looking for a number that will ultimately bulk me up, but also not too much as where you can notice you're putting on some fat as well, even though you obviously are. Replies will be greatly appreciated, ask any questions about my eating habitsif needed.

-Anthony

The amount of protein you eat isn't what will "bulk you up." What WILL bulk you up is the total number of calories you eat.

There is a number of calories that would keep your body at the weight it's currently at. This would be your "maintenance" level. Eating 250-500 calories above this number is what will allow you to gain weight.

When combined with a proper workout, most of that weight will be muscle. However, no matter how good the workout, some of that weight will still be fat. Without drugs, that's just the way it is. Only going 250-500 cals above maintenance and eating clean is what will help keep fat gain to a minimum.

For protein intake, shoot for about 1 gram per pound of bodyweight, maybe a little more. That means if you weigh 200lbs, you'd eat 200 grams of protein every day. And yes, you'd do this every day, whether you workout that day or not.