PDA

View Full Version : 2 A Days!

ThomasG
08-12-2007, 08:02 PM
My body is bruised, scabbed, sore and in pain. My clothes are muddy I have a sprained ankle and a bunch of tape residue on my foot from being tapped two times a day..

But I made it!!!!!

This was definetely the hardest week of my life physical wise. Some kids broke down.

We had to do things such as run 40 forty yard dashes in full pads wearing helmet in 90 degree weather and we ended up doing 48 40's... you all know how coaches are.. I know that only sounds very hard. But its insane crazy hard.. Dizzy dry heaving hard. No other team in the state is doing **** like that but theres a reason why my highschool is back to back champions. And we are the defending champions.

Just thought id share.. Hope this brings back memories for some of you out there who have done 2 a days:)

Sensei
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM
My body is bruised, scabbed, sore and in pain. My clothes are muddy I have a sprained ankle and a bunch of tape residue on my foot from being tapped two times a day..

We had to do things such as run 40 forty yard dashes in full pads wearing helmet in 90 degree weather and we ended up doing 48 40's... you all know how coaches are.. I know that only sounds very hard. But its insane crazy hard.. Dizzy dry heaving hard.Take care of yourself, ok?

Leeman
08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I hate hearing about this kind of stuff its to painfull....

That makes 100 rep squats sound like heaven.

Make sure your eating enough and sleeping alot other wise you will catch the worst cold of your LIFE.

redFury
08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
That sounds like a bad news story waiting to happen... please stay hydrated man! That way you can be back to back to back state champs :D

ThomasG
08-12-2007, 11:41 PM
yea ive been hydrating myself.. and id sleep in between practices..

im just glad its over.. We were hitting really hard all week 2. Then afterwards we would do "conditioning"

Like run ten 40 yd dashes 10 80's 20 10's all belly starts in full bads, suicides kodiaks ladders etc..... Go home fall asleep be back at 5 to do it all over again

jed
08-13-2007, 01:14 AM
I feel ya man. I'd rather spend 15 minutes in hell rather than go through 15 minutes of conditioning! We don't have 2 a days thank god, but we do have 3.5 hour practices! We're starting full pads today (monday).

sharkall2003
08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
I remember when I was in cross country and we had to run 10 100 yard dashes with no breaks. That's about 24 40's in a row. Damn, that was the suck. But, you'll get used to it. Keep up the hard work.

MidlandBDog
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM

But I made it!!!!!

This was definetely the hardest week of my life physical wise. Some kids broke down.

We had to do things such as run 40 forty yard dashes in full pads wearing helmet in 90 degree weather and we ended up doing 48 40's... you all know how coaches are.. I know that only sounds very hard. But its insane crazy hard.. Dizzy dry heaving hard. No other team in the state is doing **** like that but theres a reason why my highschool is back to back champions. And we are the defending champions.

Just thought id share.. Hope this brings back memories for some of you out there who have done 2 a days:)
hope your not talking about texas cus were busting our asses here

big ol' boy
08-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I remember two a days like it was yesterday. We went 8am to noon get an hour break and go 1 to 5. 2 weeks of that. Stretch and do plyo's for about an hour and then go lift first thing in the morning, then drills all day. At the end of the day we would run gaser's which was 40 yds up 40 yds back 40 yds up 40yds back all at once. I was in the fat guys section and we only got 35 seconds to do that. If one person didn't make it in on time the whole section hod to run another one. Every week we added a gaser and took off a second. The smaller guys started out at 30 seconds and did the same.

But we played 6man football. It's a 80yd by 40yd field, you gotta make 15 yds for a first down, the quarterback can't run with the ball and every player is an eligable receiver.It's a lot more fast paced and spread out than 11 man. A lot of open field tackles and the best part.......crackbacks are allowed in 6 man. Man I miss it.

teenathlete3030
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Our 2 a Days just got done yesterday. We've been doing them for over a week. 3-8 with a little break in the middle. Each half of practie always ended with sprints, lots of them early on. Thank God we didn't have 90 degree weather... only low 80s but high humidity.

Suprisingly I'm not that bruised, then again the only real time you get hit as a receiver is during hitting drills.... or running a crossing pattern.

backseatwitme13
08-15-2007, 12:09 PM
man all that is necessary. if you to repeat you have to suck it up and work hard. my team's defending regional champs, only losing the state title game to Las Vegas high (bunch of huge mother ****ers) but just take advantage of getting into the best shape of your life and playin football.

jed
08-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Anyone else have monster blisters on their heels? I bandage and tape mine, but they still get worse because my cleats just get soaked with sweat every day so my skin gets wet and soft!

sharkall2003
08-15-2007, 05:19 PM
When I had blisters I actually ripped them off and they went away in a day or two. But, it hurt a lot.

schmitty199
08-15-2007, 06:47 PM
yea ive been hydrating myself.. and id sleep in between practices..

im just glad its over.. We were hitting really hard all week 2. Then afterwards we would do "conditioning"

Like run ten 40 yd dashes 10 80's 20 10's all belly starts in full bads, suicides kodiaks ladders etc..... Go home fall asleep be back at 5 to do it all over again

I have a feeling theres some bigtime exageration going on here. If not all the props in the world to you man, it would take some crazy mental strength and great endurance to get through that. So you do that 2 times a day or what?

Thank god we dont do 2 a days. :p

schmitty199
08-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I remember two a days like it was yesterday. We went 8am to noon get an hour break and go 1 to 5. 2 weeks of that. Stretch and do plyo's for about an hour and then go lift first thing in the morning, then drills all day. At the end of the day we would run gaser's which was 40 yds up 40 yds back 40 yds up 40yds back all at once. I was in the fat guys section and we only got 35 seconds to do that. If one person didn't make it in on time the whole section hod to run another one. Every week we added a gaser and took off a second. The smaller guys started out at 30 seconds and did the same.

But we played 6man football. It's a 80yd by 40yd field, you gotta make 15 yds for a first down, the quarterback can't run with the ball and every player is an eligable receiver.It's a lot more fast paced and spread out than 11 man. A lot of open field tackles and the best part.......crackbacks are allowed in 6 man. Man I miss it.

Crackbacks are legal in 11 on 11 football to man. Atleast in Iowa they are...

backseatwitme13
08-15-2007, 09:16 PM
At the end of the day we would run gaser's which was 40 yds up 40 yds back 40 yds up 40yds back all at once.

ooooo man gasser's suck soooooooo bad, right after each gasser, our coach makes us do star jumps, pushups, jumping jacks, leglifts(which only sucked cuz the sweat would pool into your eyes and burn them to hell) and 4- and 8- count bodybuilders. and if he's in a reall bad move, he'll blow the whistle and make us do up downs while we're running. haunts my dreams

pbal17
08-15-2007, 09:43 PM
i miss high school try outs and practice. i mean i played for my ****ty hs soccer team, but i still loved it

schmitty199
08-15-2007, 10:12 PM
ooooo man gasser's suck soooooooo bad, right after each gasser, our coach makes us do star jumps, pushups, jumping jacks, leglifts(which only sucked cuz the sweat would pool into your eyes and burn them to hell) and 4- and 8- count bodybuilders. and if he's in a reall bad move, he'll blow the whistle and make us do up downs while we're running. haunts my dreams

Leg lifts would suck with tired legs....

ThomasG
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I have a feeling theres some bigtime exageration going on here. If not all the props in the world to you man, it would take some crazy mental strength and great endurance to get through that. So you do that 2 times a day or what?

Thank god we dont do 2 a days. :p

no exageration at all. But no I didnt do that 2 times a day. Conditioning is only in the morning practice and that was just an example of one of the conditions we did..

I think the hardest condition we did was the 48 40's...

i hate dry heaving

235orbust
08-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Conditioning is the most important aspect of any sport, its easy for me to say, but you have to learn to enjoy not so much the conditioning, but the end result it will bring you, looking around in the 4th quarter when everybody is dead and you feel like you could run 7 miles is one of the biggest confidence boosters you can have.

Itsnotaboutme
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Man are practices arent that rough but we also practice in 100 degree weather everyday. We normally do 15 of running stairs to "get our legs underneath us". Stairs are killer. Then we do some tackling, then we go to offense and defence then we end with sprints.

*edit crackbacks suck....

big ol' boy
08-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah crackbacks do suck when they happen to you. I got cracked by a kid half my size or smaller and he layed me out. He hit the top of his helmet right on my ear hole. I fell over twice while walking to the sideline.

What other states play six man ball. We play here in Texas. I know Nebraska and New Mexico play. It's a whole different game all together.

Bikkstah
08-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Football training sounds a lot like basic training/infantry school. At the end if it though, we were laughing because it was so easy.

benchaholic777
08-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I had 2 a days all summer for 4 years, it's tuff but keep a strong mind and drink alot of water. Your body will follow.

dahljr
09-05-2007, 12:03 PM
probably shows why we are so far behind over in england.
We have two training sessions a week sunday for 4 hours and wednesday for 2 hours,
I wish we had some sort of teams in school though,
we ain got jack**** the closest we have got is rugby, which despite what people say i personally think fotball is tougher.

feel sorry for you on the two a days though mate sounds tough.

saia127
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Thomas what state do you live in and what school do you go to?

sports_freak589
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
we got done with 2 a days at the end of july and it was hell we went from 8-12 then 3-8 i keep on this it was just yesturday and we had like 90-95 deg heat =(

schmitty199
09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
we got done with 2 a days at the end of july and it was hell we went from 8-12 then 3-8 i keep on this it was just yesturday and we had like 90-95 deg heat =(

5 hour practice? Wow.... thatd be hell!