PDA

View Full Version : Anything Relieve BLOATEDNESS.. ?

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 03:05 PM
I am curious if anything relieves bloatedness. I am extremely bloated both immediatley after my carb-up meal and the next day..

:help::help:

Zalxder
03-05-2002, 03:06 PM
FART!!!!...or go take a dump

CBates
03-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Isn't bloating from carbs getting water in between the muscle in skin? How is farting or taking a dump going to help? Anyway, there are those pill that helps with ridding water from bloating. I'm thinking about trying those out on my next carb up day..

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 04:03 PM
I dont know I tried Mylanta Gas or whatever. Didnt do SH*T!

:(:(

CBates
03-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah, that's to relieve bloating from gas, there are pills they make that will relieve bloating from water. When I carb up this weekend I'm going to give the pills a shot, if they work I'll let you know. I hate my carb up days b/c I pretty much can't see my abs at all due to getting so bloated.

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 05:24 PM
CBates-
What kind of pills are you talking about bro? Mylanta Gas just in the pill form?

:cool::cool:

CBates
03-05-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm at work right now, so I don't have the name of the pills, but it's not Mylanta Gas, it's a pill that helps get rid of excess water. When I get home I'll tell you the name of the pills.

Qea
03-05-2002, 08:00 PM
ginger-root extract, 100mg

used in traditional chinese medicine to cure 'windiness'

western herbalogy recently caught up ;)

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Qea-
100 mg. Ginger-root Extract will relieve bloatedness? Is this from personal experience or from some herbal article bullsh*t? Because I need something to relieve bloatedness WELL. Maybe Ill take 500 mg. hehe.

Qea
03-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Sorry bro, i meant 1000mg

And it isn't herbal bullsh*t. I've read of bodybuilders on different forums taking them with meals to relieve digestional stress of high caloric consumption, especially high amounts of protein at each sitting.

And seeing from my sig, digestion problems is a big one for me.
I personally have taken them myself and find them to be really damn useful.

lemme find the research i did on it and i'll post it up in a while.
Probably the only herbal supplement i'd recommend, anyways.

MonStar1023
03-05-2002, 08:48 PM
Qea-
Okay bro thanks. So what 1000 mg. of ginger-root around 30 minutes before my huge 1500+ calorie carb-up meal?

Qea
03-05-2002, 09:10 PM
hey bro what i've read on was from this site

http://www.doctorphyto.com/Library/Botanicals/GHI_herbs/Ginger.htm

i dont know if it's valid enough for you

but honestly, i can attest to it. ask any old chinese herbalist geezer and he'll tell you too hahaha.

makes you think why they give u those ginger slices when u eat lotsa sushi i.e raw fish with vinegared rice *burp* too dont it?

anyways, i take 1000mg with each meal. dont bother to wait 30 mins before.

u can also do a search on other forums to find out how people react to ginger root extract

bwala! :hump:

CBates
03-06-2002, 10:40 AM
The name of the pills to relieve bloating of water is Diurex, I'm going to give them a try this weekend to see if they really work and let you know. I remember using them back when I was in high school to help get rid of some excess water weight before a power lifting meet so I could meet the weight requirements to get into the class I wanted to be in. It did help shed some weight, but it was too long ago for me to remember how well they worked.