PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back! Been gone for over a year!

Mademan118
08-14-2007, 02:07 AM
So life has been really hectic and haven't been able to work out or maintain my diet the way I have liked. Going to school full-time, working 2 jobs and studying is hard! Ive finished school and moved to Hawaii and I have been itchin to come back here. I have started my job and it gives me the ability to eat when I need to and when I want to (cubicle!!). I just want to make sure that I am back on the right track and ready to go!

When I left this is what I had come up with a diet/workout:

Total: 3154
Fat: 79 707 24%
Carbs: 284 991 34%
Protein: 312 1247 42%

Meal 1:
1 c. oats, 1 egg on wheat, 1 scoop ON whey

Meal 2:
2 tablespoon Natural PB, 2 Slices Wheat, apple

When I last had posted Built had suggested to add some protiens here. I am lost on what to add here.

Meal 3:
6oz Chicken, 2 handful broccoli, 1.5 potatoes

For meal three the potatoes would be nice, but is there any other substitue i could use here? Maybe 1 cup rice?? Does brown rice differ from white rice?

Meal 4:
2 tins Tuna, 2 slices Wheat bread, 2 Slices Cheese

Meal 5:
6oz chicken, avocado, 1.5 potatoes

Meal 6:
1 Can salmon, 2 slices wheat

Meal 7:
1 Cup cottage cheese

Basically Im 5'9 215 pounds, 19 years old. I have only gained 8 pounds in the last year, not much of a difference from when I made this diet.
Heres my workout split and pre/post shakes:

Monday & Thurs: Chest & Back

Incline DB Bench 3x6
Incline BB Bench 3x6
Flat Bench: 3x6
Chest Flies: 2x8

Thinking about rotating Decline adn incline every week.

Pull-Ups: right now starting at 25
Deadlifts: 4x4
T-Bar Rows: 3x6
Lat Pull Downs: 2x8

Tuesday & Friday: Legs

Seated Calf Raises: 3x8
Squats: 4x6
SLDL: 2x8
Need one more leg work out.

This needs work.. Input would be nice

Wed & Sat: Shoulders and Arms
Seated Shoulder Press: 3x8
Front Lat Raises: 2x8
Rear Lat Raises: 2x8
Closegrip Bench: 3x8
Skullcrushers: 2x8
BB Curls: 3x8
Incline DB Curls: 2x8

I will incorporate ab's on probably mon and wednesday.

Here is what my shakes look like:

Pre-workout
1 scoop ON
1/4 Cup Oats

Post 1:
1 scoop ON
30g Dextrose
Vitamin C

Post 2:
1 scoop On
30g maltodextrin

Just want to double check what I have is still the right way to go about things. I am glad to be back and hope to hear from you all soon! Thanks for your support and never ending advice!

Legend1029
08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
yo u can gonna make a a journal cause im curious to see what u will look when and if u cut. like cause im bascially the same height and a the same weight. I dont know what weight im gonna get up to then cut do u know the weight ur gonna use?

welcome back

Mademan118
08-14-2007, 05:15 PM
last time I did a cut was about 2 years ago, maybe 3. I went from 195 to about 172. I am probably going to go down to 185, but I never know. I am not going to be as focused on the extreme cycling of cutting and bulking, I usually just cut and then maintain after that. Once college was introduced to me I became very fond of Beer :P I gained most of weight from drinking and partying everynight without really caring about my diet. Now that I am out of that enviroment and no longer drink I am back to focusing on what i used to focus on.

Mademan118
08-15-2007, 03:32 AM
So i have revised everything.

With the original diet I am weary that the calorie count is to high. I am an endomorph, and I know that I would gain weight with the above diet. So after playing around in fit day this is what i have come with. I came up with my calorie count of (Bodyweight (215) x 13)-500. I am actually about 100 calories shy of what it should be. If you see anything I need to add please chime in!

Total: 2191
Fat: 64 577 28%
Sat: 17 156 8%
Poly: 10 93 5%
Mono: 16 141 7%
Carbs: 194 681 33%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 200 799 39%

Meal 1:
1.5 c. oats, 1 egg on wheat, 1 scoop ON whey

Meal 2:
1 tablespoon Natural PB, 1 Slice Wheat, 2 Hard Boiled Egg-Whites

Meal 3:
4oz Chicken, 2 cups broccoli

Meal 4:
1 tins Tuna, 1 slices Wheat bread, 1 Slices Cheese

Meal 5:
4oz chicken, 1 cup rice

Meal 6:
1 Cup cottage cheese

The thing that I like most about this diet is that I enjoy most of these foods, and already eat them constantly. Time to hit the grocery store!

Al3X
08-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Mademan, it's great to have you back. You've made the right choice. :)

Diet -
Your protein, and fiber is great.
Fats could be raised 15g +/- You could take some fishoil to increase that easily.
Carbs are a little high (depends on activity). You could drop one of the slices of wheat bread in a meal to significantly lower it.

Training Routine-
Your body is getting adequate rest with your split.
You leg day could use some Leg Curls.
Arm day has a lot of volume. You may want to drop an exercise or two.