PDA

View Full Version : Pics after a summer of lifting

235orbust
08-14-2007, 01:34 PM
wanted to get to get to 225 by the end of the summer,but im about 218, other than that im pretty happy with my results, tell me what you think and where you think i can improve

phatmonky
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
6'5"?? good lord, you are going to be HUGE! I'm 6'3", but those extra inches after my height make a huge difference.

Got any before pics?

235orbust
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
6'5"?? good lord, you are going to be HUGE! I'm 6'3", but those extra inches after my height make a huge difference.

Got any before pics?

naw man my computer crashed everything got deleted, I was about 205 and around 16 percent body fat before the summer

Also, a body fat estimate would be appriciated

RBB
08-14-2007, 02:13 PM
naw man my computer crashed everything got deleted, I was about 205 and around 16 percent body fat before the summer

Also, a body fat estimate would be appriciated

looks like you've put on some good size.

why the hell does everyone ask for a bodyfat estimate? i just don't get it. you're not going to get an accurate number from someone looking at a couple of crappy pics on the internet, there are too many variables. furthermore, what does that number mean to you? probably nothing.

take a look in the mirror. if you think you're lean enough then that's fine, keep doing what you're doing. if you're not lean enough then you need to lose some fat. the % means nothing.

Jordanbcool
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Good point RBB.

235orbust
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
looks like you've put on some good size.

why the hell does everyone ask for a bodyfat estimate? i just don't get it. you're not going to get an accurate number from someone looking at a couple of crappy pics on the internet, there are too many variables. furthermore, what does that number mean to you? probably nothing.

take a look in the mirror. if you think you're lean enough then that's fine, keep doing what you're doing. if you're not lean enough then you need to lose some fat. the % means nothing.

its still nice to be able to say you have a low bfp, I just think it gives you an idea how nice a physique you have, i mean their are a lot of people who can weight 230, but i bet not even a quarter of them could be 230 with 8%bf. Those are crappy pics tho, im just looking for a ballpark estimate

RBB
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
its still nice to be able to say you have a low bfp, I just think it gives you an idea how nice a physique you have, i mean their are a lot of people who can weight 230, but i bet not even a quarter of them could be 230 with 8%bf. Those are crappy pics tho, im just looking for a ballpark estimate

if you're that worried about it, then go get a dunk test. its obvious from looking at your pics that your bf% is fairly low. if you look good in pics and the mirror, why do you need the estimate? what difference is it going to make to you if someone tells you you're 8% or 12%? what does that number mean to you?

not trying to pick on you, 235. i just don't understand why everyone asks for bf%'s over the internet. unless you're mentally challenged you should be able to come up with a reasonable estimate yourself. unless you're continuously getting your bf% professionally tested to gauge progress, its totally useless to even know. go with the mirror.

chris mason
08-14-2007, 05:31 PM
You look great! In terms of what to work on, I think just adding a bit more size is all that needs to be done assuming that is your goal.

235orbust
08-14-2007, 08:56 PM
if you're that worried about it, then go get a dunk test. its obvious from looking at your pics that your bf% is fairly low. if you look good in pics and the mirror, why do you need the estimate? what difference is it going to make to you if someone tells you you're 8% or 12%? what does that number mean to you?

not trying to pick on you, 235. i just don't understand why everyone asks for bf%'s over the internet. unless you're mentally challenged you should be able to come up with a reasonable estimate yourself. unless you're continuously getting your bf% professionally tested to gauge progress, its totally useless to even know. go with the mirror.

to each his own, youve been here a lot longer than me so i respect your opinion, but with that kind of reasoning, why do people weigh themselves? but i do understand what your saying, your not going to get an accurate bf percentage over the internet.

RBB
08-15-2007, 07:03 AM
to each his own, youve been here a lot longer than me so i respect your opinion, but with that kind of reasoning, why do people weigh themselves? but i do understand what your saying, your not going to get an accurate bf percentage over the internet.

you can accurately track your weight on your own. its the best way to track your progress. the same cannot be said for bf% testing, unless you're getting it done professionally. it just seems like a lot of guys get hung up on a number that doesn't really matter. anyways, you're looking good bro, you've made some good progress for sure. keep it up.

leetuck
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
All I am gonna say is keep that up for 3 years and you are gonna be one big bad a$$. Brilliant progress ... post some more in a years time. I weigh about 226lbs and you look much bigger than me (but I have more fat :])