PDA

View Full Version : water weight

MidlandBDog
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
this might not be the right section but...

ive been drinking alot of water lately especially at football practice and today i look like ive gained alot of fat on my midsection. im sure i havent gained it in fat because it seemed to happen like over the day, and it feels abnormally "squishy" and i can still pinch the same caliper measurment is the water doing this and how do i get it off? im guessing sweating but the only way i can do that is walk on the treadmill or something but then ill get thirsty and have to drink more water again. its not that big a deal but im pissed at it and seriously need some feedback on this.

andrew2007
08-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Drinking water does not result in fat gain. You must be having extra diet stuff which is causing this. Water does not have anything which will result in fat accumulation in the body. I drink a lot of water but never such thing happened to me.

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm sure you're just getting a bloating type thing. It happens to me after I drink a LOT of milk at once. I have a huge gut afterwards. How long has it been like that? Mine usually goes away over night, and taking a really long piss helps too :p.

MidlandBDog
08-17-2007, 12:56 PM
im not saying its fat i know its not its just bloating like bako said alot of times in the morning i go back to normal. it still seems to be there but im just gonna keep working and eventually its got to go away

Sharkxx
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Well there is this thing where you can gain weight from drinking water, but you end up pissing so much. You lose weight. Its called a water diet. I'm a noob to weight lifting, but that I do no. What you might experience is a stomach ache? lol xD

seK
08-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Well there is this thing where you can gain weight from drinking water, but you end up pissing so much. You lose weight. Its called a water diet. I'm a noob to weight lifting, but that I do no. What you might experience is a stomach ache? lol xD
I have never heard of someone GAINING weight on a water diet but I have heard of them losing it. It's also imo the stupidest dieting methods known to man.

SpecialK
08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
this might not be the right section but...

ive been drinking alot of water lately especially at football practice and today i look like ive gained alot of fat on my midsection. im sure i havent gained it in fat because it seemed to happen like over the day, and it feels abnormally "squishy" and i can still pinch the same caliper measurment is the water doing this and how do i get it off? im guessing sweating but the only way i can do that is walk on the treadmill or something but then ill get thirsty and have to drink more water again. its not that big a deal but im pissed at it and seriously need some feedback on this.

Yeah I get this too. I have much more definition in my midsection when I first wake up compared to later in the day. I just accept it as part of BBing.

danmac
08-17-2007, 02:15 PM
If it is water weight you are carying in your midsection, you may want to try drinking more water and consuming less salt. There are alot of articles out there about it, I found this one a while back...

bodybuilding.com/fun/water.htm

Sorry about the bodybuilding.com link, I know people here hate them, but it's all I have.

Excelsior
08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I was under the impression that drinking adequate amounts of water will cause one to lose water weight. Your body has a constant source of water and has no need to hold on to excess. :confused:

peter777
08-18-2007, 10:21 AM
All I know is that water would result in fat gain. Never heard like it before.

Itsnotaboutme
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I have never heard of someone GAINING weight on a water diet but I have heard of them losing it. It's also imo the stupidest dieting methods known to man.

Not quite the stupidest. Haven't you heard of the Krispy Kreme diet?