PDA

View Full Version : Want to make dinner for my girlfriend..

Altephor
08-14-2007, 08:27 PM
We went to Six Flags the other day and afterwards she made a little pasta dinner for both of us, so we were joking around that next time I have to cook. Anyways, I was thinking of having her over for dinner on Sunday. Was planning on doing something on the grill, but not sure what to make. I was gonna do a bit of green salad to start (which is easy), but I don't know what to make for the main meal. Any recipe suggestions would be good.

Detard
08-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Filet Mignon? Chicken? Steak? Ribs? Lamb Chops?

redFury
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I Vote Lamb, lamb and more lamb. Marinade it with some rosemary and olive oil... tastes great. I'm a big fan of grilling asparagus too... delicious.

sharkall2003
08-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Let me get you a link. :)

KingWilder
08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I like the Lamb idea

my most popular "date dinner" is lobster w/garlic butter sauce, steak, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli

gets 'em every time ;)

sharkall2003
08-14-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=92685

Built
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
KingWilder, that would totally work. I'll be right over.

Altephor, do a chocolate fondue for dessert. Chunks of fruit, poundcake... dipped in chocolate, dripping everywhere...

KingWilder
08-14-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=92685

I read your link

my roommate and I have just recently discovered Greek Seasoning...needless to say it goes on everything now...turkey burgers, chicken, steak, hell even broccoli

I like Built's idea...hell if it goes over well maybe you'll end up bringing the chocolate to the bedroom

Altephor
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Haven't even gotten to the bedroom in the first place, so I doubt it.

Dunno about fondue, want to keep it simple, nothing too extravagant.

Built
08-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Fondue's easy:

Cherries
strawberries
pineapple
bananas
marshmallows
poundcake

Fondue (http://www.greatpartyrecipes.com/chocolatefonduerecipes.html):
Nuke a cup of cream heavy cream, toss in about 12 ounces of good dark semisweet chocolate (I suggest Lindt), shot of any liqueur you like the taste of, or some vanilla.

Pour into a bowl, dunk chunks of fruit etc into chocolate.

I suggest you try this one ahead of time, yanno, to see if it works. Drop me a line if you have too much to eat all by yourself...

Clifford Gillmore
08-15-2007, 06:47 AM
Wow! I hope none of you ever cook for me ;) I kid I kid.

You have to consider colours, flavours, environment, air tempreture, season, and most importantly your date! We want to have the guest just wanting more, god knows everytime I cook someone sleeps with me - don't want a completely stuffed spouse complaining that the ol pork chops are re-occuring ;)

Okay, today I'm going to give a hand ful of options, if you want to know how to prepare them in depth - feel free to PM!

Pork Fillet with silverbeet, apricots, sweet potato and camonbert cheese - Its a ****ing doozy;

Butterfly the fillet, lay silverbeet on the inside.
Thinkly slice the sweet potato (think paper here) and layer that gently over the silverbeet, add apricots (I like to soak mine in brandy/port, chivas regal does the job too), slice cheese and roll up. String up with cooking twine, space every finger width apart. It'll be a 30-40 minute roaster, serve on a bed of brown rice with paprika.

Beef Olives;

Take a cross cut topside steak cut thinly, mallet it out into a large serve (don't let it tear!), spinach, bacon and tandaco (breadcrumbs if your that inept) layered across it. Wrap like a pin wheel, add skewers every inch and roast as a roll. Slice into little steaks and display it with the olives surrounding a bowel of bread and olive oil. FFS guys pay good cash for olive oil, **** is **** is **** is ****. Good is good.

Mid loin Lamb roast.

Take a full lamb loin, debone it and butterfly the loin (leave the fat on). Take a generous coating of a sweet honey and add a slight hint of a mild Australian/English mustard. layer the inside of the skin with red wine vinigar soaked olives. Roll and string, cross score it and roast. Serve with yams and pumkin, stay away with the rice and pastas with this one!

Compliment your meat selection with a good wine. Keep your dates preferences' in mind, but down ruin a great meal with a bottle of schnapps. Enjoy!

Does anyone wonder why I'm fat?

Altephor
08-15-2007, 07:46 AM
Fondue's easy:

Cherries
strawberries
pineapple
bananas
marshmallows
poundcake

Fondue (http://www.greatpartyrecipes.com/chocolatefonduerecipes.html):
Nuke a cup of cream heavy cream, toss in about 12 ounces of good dark semisweet chocolate (I suggest Lindt), shot of any liqueur you like the taste of, or some vanilla.

Pour into a bowl, dunk chunks of fruit etc into chocolate.

I suggest you try this one ahead of time, yanno, to see if it works. Drop me a line if you have too much to eat all by yourself...

You think that will stay warm in just a bowl though? Don't have a fondue pot (at least I don't think we do).

I'm trying to keep it simple because even though I can cook fairly well, I have issues with timing. As in, getting the meat/fish or whatever to be done at the same time as the potatoes, vegetables, etc.

KingWilder
08-15-2007, 08:06 AM
Wow! I hope none of you ever cook for me ;) I kid I kid.

You have to consider colours, flavours, environment, air tempreture, season, and most importantly your date! We want to have the guest just wanting more, god knows everytime I cook someone sleeps with me - don't want a completely stuffed spouse complaining that the ol pork chops are re-occuring ;)

Okay, today I'm going to give a hand ful of options, if you want to know how to prepare them in depth - feel free to PM!

Pork Fillet with silverbeet, apricots, sweet potato and camonbert cheese - Its a ****ing doozy;

Butterfly the fillet, lay silverbeet on the inside.
Thinkly slice the sweet potato (think paper here) and layer that gently over the silverbeet, add apricots (I like to soak mine in brandy/port, chivas regal does the job too), slice cheese and roll up. String up with cooking twine, space every finger width apart. It'll be a 30-40 minute roaster, serve on a bed of brown rice with paprika.

Beef Olives;

Take a cross cut topside steak cut thinly, mallet it out into a large serve (don't let it tear!), spinach, bacon and tandaco (breadcrumbs if your that inept) layered across it. Wrap like a pin wheel, add skewers every inch and roast as a roll. Slice into little steaks and display it with the olives surrounding a bowel of bread and olive oil. FFS guys pay good cash for olive oil, **** is **** is **** is ****. Good is good.

Mid loin Lamb roast.

Take a full lamb loin, debone it and butterfly the loin (leave the fat on). Take a generous coating of a sweet honey and add a slight hint of a mild Australian/English mustard. layer the inside of the skin with red wine vinigar soaked olives. Roll and string, cross score it and roast. Serve with yams and pumkin, stay away with the rice and pastas with this one!

Compliment your meat selection with a good wine. Keep your dates preferences' in mind, but down ruin a great meal with a bottle of schnapps. Enjoy!

Does anyone wonder why I'm fat?

no, but now we know how you get all the women in bed :clown:

Stumprrp
08-15-2007, 02:50 PM
haha damn risk you are a dog!

WBBIRL
08-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I can barely prepare cereal. Wooing a women with culinary perfection is about as likely as me push pressing a metric ton.

VikingWarlord
08-15-2007, 06:15 PM
I know about 30 ways to do chicken that make the ladies swoon, and I made a beef stew that actually brought a girl to tears.

Chicken Marsala is a really good choice. It's easy but doesn't look it, so the impression factor is high.

Chicken breasts stuffed with prosciutto and provolone work like a miracle.

If she likes Chinese, I have a recipe for beef peppersteak that's amazing, but most real Asian cuisine takes a lot more work to prepare well.

Also, if you happen to ever want to score a vegetarian, Eggplant Parmesan is awesome.

Built
08-15-2007, 06:25 PM
It'll stay warm enough.

You could set the bowl into a pan with boiling water around it if you HAD to, or just re-nuke the stuff for a moment to warm it up. Super easy.

Altephor
08-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Hmm I might have to postpone this. My parents (yes I still live with my parents while I'm in college) were supposed to be away for 4 or 5 days, but my stepmom hasn't been feeling well and now they're staying home. How annoying.

pbal17
08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Whats wrong with grilling for your girl like you previously suggested? The grill is my home away from home. Throw on some burgers. Nothing like giant sloppy greasy beef to get a girls sex engine revving.

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 09:06 PM
My advice:

What ever you make, please make sure you make it before she comes over. That way you have time to taste it and make sure your recipe is good.

WBBIRL
08-16-2007, 09:19 PM
If it were me I'd just flex and pour her a bowl of lucky charms. If that doesn't get her in the sack then nothing will.

Altephor
08-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Well today she said that she wants me to make her dinner tomorrow.. great minds think alike I guess.

Anyway, I got the salad down, dessert I think I'm gonna have to go with Built on the fondue (especially since I know she likes chocolate covered strawberries), for the actual dinner I was thinking either steak or pork, probably steak since I'm more familiar with it, I just have to figure out how I'm going to season it. I really wanted to do something fancy but I don't have the time to marinade anything overnight and I'm no confident enough to make anything involving wrapping, stuffing, etc.

Altephor
08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
So I made steak, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. Broccoli was a bit mushy, but otherwise it went well. We picked up two uninvited guests though. My best friend, and her best friend (I've known both of them since preschool) were home for the weekend so we went out for ice cream since they're going back to their homes/jobs and we're going off to school. So we decided to have them come for dinner also. The other girl brought a dessert so I didn't get to try the fondue, maybe next time. It was fun though.

Built
08-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Ice cream after steak and potatoes is nothing to sneeze at.

Sounds like a good night!

Altephor
08-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Actually the ice cream was before steak and potatoes. She brought over a peach crisp for dessert. All in all things went well.

pbal17
08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
good work and peach crisp is delicious

Built
08-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Gaaaah peach crisp :drooling:

<cries>

Altephor
08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah it was delicious. I think I'm going to buy a fondue pot before I try the chocolate, but definitely thanks for the suggestion Built.

Built
08-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I love peach crisp. Mmmm… okay, that's it. Next cheat meal is peach crisp. With Vanilla Bean Häagen-Dazs.

Bikkstah
08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Two chicken breasts on the foreman with some seasoning salt and mustard.