PDA

View Full Version : My progression

leetuck
08-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi Guys,

I have changed the original post I made as it was misleading.

I have been lifting and doing cardio etc for the last 3.5 years BUT my aim has never to be big. In the beginning I never intended to INCREASE my size, all I ever wanted to do was LOSE FAT. I started off at about 230lbs and went down to about 190 lbs and stayed at that weight until about 6 months ago.

I have treated lifting as basic "exercise" as I sat on my a$$ all day at work and if I didn't lift, I wouldnt exercise at all. Lifting weights is just part of my life and never started lifting to get to a particular goal (maybe I should do).

I used to play a lot of football (soccer) so my aim was to be as light as possible so I could run faster etc etc etc. However, as time has gone on my aims have changed slightly. The pic I have put up is basically me a few years ago vs me now. All it does is shows you how my body has changed over this time NOT HOW BIG MY MUSCLES ARE COMPARED TO BEFORE.

However, my aims have changed now. I feel as though I want to be a little bigger so for the next year I am going too concentrate on getting a little bigger. My aims now are to get to about 240lbs at 10% fat, i think I am prob about 16% now. Motivation has never been my problem, it was always my diet.

I hope this clears my original post up a little.

IZich
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Uh. I can't see much progress, but you do look slightly leaner. Less love handlage. Could be the light though.

Detard
08-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah looks the same to me. That's very slow progress for 3.5 years, but like you said, your didn't have your diet in check at the beginning of your training. Keep at it, hit the weights hard and you'll make some great gains.

Jordanbcool
08-15-2007, 05:01 PM
I think he's just slightly leaner.

No offense but you should've been able to accomplish that in 3 weeks instead of almost 4 years....

WBBIRL
08-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Progress is progress, but that amount shouldn't have taken 4 years.

Good work regardless, but you may want to switch up the approach.

ToughStuff
08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
You look smaller if thats what your going for.

235orbust
08-16-2007, 12:22 AM
I think youve made some decent progress, youve lost a considerable amount of body fat and you have a little definition. If i were you, I would forget about the last whatever years and focus on the last 6 months, when you said you have got your diet in check. Make goals for yourself to reach in a certain time frame, make them reachable but so you are still pushing yourself. good luck

leetuck
08-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Maybe my initial post was misleading.

When I said 3.5 years of progress I didn't mean "3.5 of getting bigger". Getting big was never my aim. I played a lot of soccer so wanted to be as light as possible but also be stronger. I went from about 230lbs to about 190lbls where I stayed until about 6 months ago. I wanted to lose as much fat as possible and used weight lifting to try and hold onto some muscle.

Now I don't play soccer anymore I've decided that I want to gain a bit of size because I feel 2 small for height. In no way do I want to be a beef cake, it's not me.

toughstuff - yes my aim was to be smaller at first
jordanbcool - you lose 40 lbs then put it back on again in 3 weeks and I will give you the deeds to both my houses.

But ... like i said my original post was a bit misleading. I just wanted to show that I am about the same weight as I was 3.5 years ago and how my body has changed during that time.

Kong
08-16-2007, 06:53 AM
You do look leaner mate with some added muscle mass, definite body recomp. Good stuff. You plannin to hit the weights hard and add some mas? ps.Didnt think anyone in Nottingham even lifted weights, i just see annoying students everywhere when i go, keep it up, you might start something

leetuck
08-16-2007, 07:06 AM
haha ... yeh Nottingham has too many students but I can't grumble I used to be one :]

I said to myself that if I'm going to continue to lift weights I may aswell do it properly now otherwise I'm just wasting my time. I don't want to be massive, just want to walk into a room and have a "presence" :)

What it like in Doncaster for a night out? Never been there

Kong
08-16-2007, 07:54 AM
Its alright. pretty rough though. Everythings pretty close together which is good. I worked on door for 2 years which pretty much put me off people and going out alltogether

Questor
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
By the end of 3.5 years, I plan to be pretty monstrous. But you and I have different goals. :)

leetuck
08-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Kong - I bet being a doorman you come across lots of people you don't wanna be around! Prob not the best place to mention this but didn't a doorman (a few years back) spread HIV around big time in Doncaster? I heard a story that he slept with loads of women intentionally to spread it after he got infected .

Quester - my goals originally WAS to lose the weight but now I'm feeling like I want a bit of size. My goals has shifted a little but I don't wanna be a monster. Diet is king so now it's sorted I can make gains quicker. Eatiing properly and training hard for 3.5 years you will be sorted....

Jordanbcool
08-16-2007, 08:56 AM
I lost 50lbs in 5 months.

Literally. And I'm not trying to bust your balls. I was just saying that you should make more consistent goals.

sharkall2003
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
If you're really dedicated you could do what I did and do cardio for three hours a day and work a physical labor job for six (when I was in high school) and not eat and lose 26 in less than 1.5 months.........

Kong
08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Yeah thats true i think he worked for the same company as me. A few years before my time though, apparently he was a right pig, dont wanna know what the girls looked like. The bar i worked at had a huge problem with people dealing/taking cocaine which led to lots of confrontation and violence so i get pretty paranoid when i go out now. If i wanna night out i go Sheffield corporation. If you like that kinda music its a cool place, dirty, but cool

Guido
08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
The waist is a little smaller but other than that I see no noticeable difference. Is that all you were shooting for?

HahnB
08-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Dedicate yourself man. That kind of change can be made in a month for a newbie. What are your goals?

leetuck
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
I know site is called wannabebig but some people don't wanna be big!
I have edited my original post, I hope this clear things up.

Jordanbcool
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM

This is not the point. Many many people on this site do not want to be big whatsoever. Some of us want to be bigger, some want to be leaner, some are lifting for looks, some lift to better themselves etc. There are many reasons why people dedicate themselves and lift on this website.

You could have leaned out I.E. got smaller in a fraction of the time it actually took you. Why are we all telling you this? So you get on track and making more consistent goals instead of wasting your time. We are all trying to help you even though it doesn't seem that way. I can't count how many times people have gave me bad but honest opinions on where I'm at. At the time I didn't like it, but in the long run it pays off and I'm thankful for them. It helped me work some things out, figure why things weren't working and it helped me get on the path towards my goals.

This forum is for honest critiques about a person's physique. I may come off as rude and blunt, but if you don't like that then you shouldn't have posted your picture.

leetuck
08-16-2007, 04:34 PM
You can be as blunt as you like, it doesn't bother me. At what point did I say "it bothered me"?

My original post didn't convey what I was trying to say so the replies I got back were just and thats why I ammended the original post.

I lost most of my weight during the first 6 months, not 3+ years. I just said this is me 3+ years later .... losing weight is not hard!

I feel like I'm digging a very deep hole for myself with this thread so I am going to shut up now. Next time I need to put more thought into the thread before I post!

thoughtshewas18
08-16-2007, 05:11 PM
you've definitely leaned out dude.