PDA

View Full Version : Not hungry after lifting...

Natetaco
08-15-2007, 08:19 PM
ok so I get this all the time.

I am hungry before I lift, so I think, ok ill just eat after I lift and then I will REALLY want to eat. But no, my appetite right now is gone.

I usually work out at night, and i need to have my big meal before I go to bed. Im super thirsty, but I dont feel hungry at all.

what gives?

Bako Lifter
08-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Same with me. I'll be super thirsty, but I never feel like eating anything. I just wait like an hour or two and then I can start eating like an animal. Kinda like delayed hunger.

Ummm, you could just drink a shake I guess? Don't have to be hungry for that...

Natetaco
08-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Same with me. I'll be super thirsty, but I never feel like eating anything. I just wait like an hour or two and then I can start eating like an animal. Kinda like delayed hunger.

Ummm, you could just drink a shake I guess? Don't have to be hungry for that...

I think it might be because my blood sugars high from all the exercise... but yeah, im starting to feel hunger now, its almost been an hour since lifting.

and i usually down a shake after a big meal to round it all out, and give me diaharrea.

Ramstein85
08-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it might be because my blood sugars high from all the exercise... but yeah, im starting to feel hunger now, its almost been an hour since lifting.

and i usually down a shake after a big meal to round it all out, and give me diaharrea.

LOL!!!!!! or bloating/farting alot (as is my case :o)

getfit
08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
My appetite is off the roof after i train.Then again i train early in the morning.

Biggins
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
My appetite is off the roof after i train.Then again i train early in the morning.

Same here.Right ouitside my gym is a spanish food place that for 6 bucks you get a huge plate of rice and beans with chicken.....HUGE!!!This dam place calls to me everytime I leave the gym.I dont even glance at it or my bad side says...you can always start again tommorow...for now lets bulk:)

KingWilder
08-16-2007, 08:46 PM
I had a Double Whopper and Whopper Jr. the other day after lifting....def. don't have this problem :) :burger:

Just down a shake if you can and then eat an hour later

RedSpikeyThing
08-16-2007, 09:24 PM
yeah I'm the same way. A couple hours later I'm really hungry, though

Songsangnim
08-17-2007, 06:12 AM
ok so I get this all the time.

I am hungry before I lift, so I think, ok ill just eat after I lift and then I will REALLY want to eat. But no, my appetite right now is gone.

I usually work out at night, and i need to have my big meal before I go to bed. Im super thirsty, but I dont feel hungry at all.

what gives?

There's research that indicates that intense lifting may blunt appetite temporarily. That's probably what's going on.

teaturtle
08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
i hate it. during lifting, im REAL hungry. but by the time im finished i feel nauseous and bad.

mickyjune26
08-19-2007, 12:21 AM
When i feel nauseous after lifting, it's usually because I didn't eat correctly 2-3 hours before lifting. Have you been eating well before the lifts?

teaturtle
08-19-2007, 12:35 AM
yeah i usually eat an hour before, sometimes more or less. i eat a big meal w/ mostly carbs lol. what do you think is causing the nauseau?

Ramstein85
08-19-2007, 08:50 AM
yeah i usually eat an hour before, sometimes more or less. i eat a big meal w/ mostly carbs lol. what do you think is causing the nauseau?

Its like this. You gotta eat at least an hour and a half before. A meal like the one you have with proteins and complex carbs. Steak/Chicken breast and baked potatoe or something maybe rice on the side. Make sure you leave enough time to digest to food because what happens if you eat something large and most of the food is still being digested is this.

The body will pump blood to the stomach for digestion, but when you work out blood needs to be rushing to the muscles etc, so you will feel a bit nauseaus sometimes even sickly (if you ever got that feeling like burping but regurgitating some of the food you ate earlier) thats probably because you didnt give it enough time. Im speaking from personal experience and have no scientific article to back it up.

mickyjune26
08-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I aim for 2.5 hours before, so I'm almost hungry by the time i lift. During my lifts, I sip on a water/corn sugar (dextrose) mix and that ensures I don't feel hungry during my routine.

If I eat any complex carbs inside th 2.5 hour window, i feel tired and sometimes sick during my workouts.

teaturtle
08-19-2007, 01:26 PM
yeah i guess that is the problem then.