PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gaining Formula

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I've been looking on the GNC website but am unsure of what powder to buy to gain weight. Is there any formula that you guys recommend for first timers?

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Here's a math formula.

Your mouth + 4,000 calories = a bigger you!

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
No like an actual supplement... -.-

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
How's your diet?

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Average about 4,000 calories daily.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Increase your calories to gain weight. Most weight gainers are just powders that are loaded with sugar. You can head on over to the Recipes section for some high calories shake recipes.

How many grams of fat, protein, and carbs are you getting in per day? What does your diet consist of?

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I'd rather buy some powder to gain extra weight. I'm not seeing sufficient results on the proteins and carbs. It would be better if I did proteins and carbs plus one of those powders. Is there any powders you guys would recommend?

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 09:29 PM
bump.. people I really need to know.. I heard about Cytogainer and Maximus.. what do you guys think? Anyone know where I can find these for cheap?

shazoo123
08-16-2007, 10:26 PM
well personally i recommend you use your whey protein in conjunction with some milk, peanut butter, oats, bananas, olive oil, icecream,....you can even put a baby in there.....trust me, it's cheaper and the ingredients are listed( you kno exactly what is going inside your body), rather than these weight gain powders full of sugars (maltodextrin), etc. Take it from me, i've been there done that, i used to use a weight gainer when i first started, and they do help, but why not use some more natural ingredients that are healthy and produce a delicious shake? Use your money to buy yourself some food. period.

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I'd rather buy some powder to gain extra weight. I'm not seeing sufficient results on the proteins and carbs. It would be better if I did proteins and carbs plus one of those powders. Is there any powders you guys would recommend?

A weight gainer is more carbs, protein, and calories. It's not magic powder...

BFGUITAR
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Use whole foods, you get the benefit of vitamins.

Remember, a multi doesnt always take care of all your vitamins. Most vitamins/minerals are absorbed better with food.

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Yea I know, but I get full. Is it safe to wash down carbs and proteins with these type of shakes?

Bako Lifter
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Yes I get full easily too. But I get around it by making my own shakes.

2 cups of milk.
8 tbsps of peanut butter.
1 cup of vanilla ice cream.

Much cheaper than supps. Drink one or two a day, it comes out to about 1,400 calories, so adding one of these bad boys right before you go to bed should put you at 5,000+ calories. The taste is great too, ask others in my journal, a lot of people have liked the recipe.

ProLogic
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Nice.. thanks. I'll try that. Along with some other ****.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-17-2007, 03:08 AM
I'd rather buy some powder to gain extra weight. I'm not seeing sufficient results on the proteins and carbs. It would be better if I did proteins and carbs plus one of those powders. Is there any powders you guys would recommend?You're not seeing sufficient results because you're not eating enough. Would you eat more food if the label said "weight gain food"? Your diet is not sufficient. There's nothing wrong with the carbs or protein. You simply need to be eating more. If you want a weight gainer, go ahead. But you need to understand the importance of your diet.

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd rather eat what I'm eating now and wash it down with one of those powders. Now.. No one has recommended one yet. Still waiting..

Alex.V
08-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Maximus is awesome. Seriously.

If you're going to buy a weight gainer, don't buy one of those cheap-ass sugar shakes, buy something with some substance to it.

The order of ones I'd recommend, top choices first:

Maximus
Muscle milk
NLarge 2
Cytogainer

Chubrock
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Muscle milk

Dear God Muscle Milk is fannnntasssttic.

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I was looking at NLarge yesterday and like what I see. and It's safe to wash a meal with a shake of one of these right? Anyone know where I can find NLarge-2 for a reasonable price? and that accept PayPal? I found one at a1supplements.com, 10 lbs for $43.

SDS
08-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Maximus is pretty good......

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 01:45 PM
So I should go with Maximus?

seK
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
So I should go with Maximus?
Go whith the whole AL Mass stack.

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 02:04 PM
What's that?

seK
08-17-2007, 02:19 PM
What's that?

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=9

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know what flavor Maximus tastes better? Chocolate or Vanilla?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
08-17-2007, 04:24 PM
I haven't tried either flavor, but I'm sure if it's anything like their other product, Nitrean, it should taste really good. :) Try chocolate first, I suppose.

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I saw some dude posted on another thread that the vanilla tastes good. I'm going to go ahead and try that one out.

RhodeHouse
08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Eat 1lb of beef and drink a gallon of whole milk everyday. You're ideas on eating and weight gain are so screwed up. Would you build a house on sand or on bedrock?

Stop crying about not having a big appetite. EAT!

Here's my day of eating

Breakfast #1
2 cups of yogurt with granola
60 gram protein shake with 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream

Breakfast #2
3 eggs and Ham Steak (50g of protein)
2 english muffins

Snack
same shake as above

Lunch #1
1/2lb of beef/chicken/pork
1 1/2 cups of rice/pasta

Snack
same shake

Dinner
same as Lunch #1

Bedtime
same shake as above

The shake is just whey potein. I add heavy cream and/or 1/2 cup of oatmeal to it if I have trouble gaining weight.

What do I eat everyday?
Eggs
Beef
Milk

SDS
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Good for you for having time to do all that cooking and eating......you're looking at at least 4.5-5 hrs/day of doing nothing but cooking/eating/cleaning. My company would go toes up in about 3 weeks if I did that.

To the OP.....I like the chocolate Maximus. 3 scoops in 10 oz. water twice a day along with some homemade protein bars.......quick easy cal's. My body doesn't care if the cal.'s/protein come from a cow, chicken or from a tub of powder.

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm too lazy and busy to prepare and eat all that food. I'm on my ass most of the day doing graphic design and building websites. That's why I need a shake.

Curtis
08-17-2007, 06:27 PM
4000 and you gain nothing, what do you weigh and how tall

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm 16, 5'11 and I'm really skinny. Like scrawny skinny.

RhodeHouse
08-17-2007, 11:25 PM
Too lazy? At 16? That's sad.:whiner:

ProLogic
08-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Not really lazy per say.. I'd rather call it really busy.

Chubrock
08-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Good for you for having time to do all that cooking and eating......you're looking at at least 4.5-5 hrs/day of doing nothing but cooking/eating/cleaning. My company would go toes up in about 3 weeks if I did that.

Where are you getting 4.5-5hrs from? You must not cook very much, or don't know how to manage your time at all. I see probably an hour of prep for the entire day of food, and that is really pushing it.

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Eat 1lb of beef and drink a gallon of whole milk everyday. You're ideas on eating and weight gain are so screwed up. Would you build a house on sand or on bedrock?

Here's my day of eating

Breakfast #1

Breakfast #2
2 english muffins

Snack
same shake as above

Lunch #1
1 1/2 cups of rice/pasta

Snack
same shake

Dinner
same as Lunch #1

Bedtime
same shake as above

The shake is just whey potein. I add heavy cream and/or 1/2 cup of oatmeal to it if I have trouble gaining weight.

What do I eat everyday?
Eggs
Beef
Milk

Eh-hem, where is the McDonalds big guy?

Alex.V
08-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey guys? As much as I love being a cantankerous jackass, even I feel kinda bad for the guy. He asked a simple question. A lot of people here use supps to cut down on meal prep time and get calories easily on the go.

No need to tear him apart.

yes, I took my lithium today.

MrWebb78
08-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Here's my day of eating

Breakfast #1

Breakfast #2
2 english muffins

Snack
same shake as above

Lunch #1
1 1/2 cups of rice/pasta

Snack
same shake

Dinner
same as Lunch #1

Bedtime
same shake as above

What do I eat everyday?
Eggs
Beef
Milk

where are your fruits and veggies? do not underestimate them in your quest for lots of protein.

RhodeHouse
08-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Bako - McDonald's (God's nurishment) is on my list when I don't feel like making dinner. As fat as i am, I try not to eat it everyday.

MrWebb - I agree. I need to get more fruits and veggies. Part of my problem is, I don't really enjoy them. That's a poor excuse, but I forget about them because I don't really enjoy the taste of any enough to make it a habit.

Belial - We did rip him a bit. I've just seen too many people rely on a supplement and they really don't know how to eat properly. Supplements are useless without a good base.

I make my food on Sundays and Wednesdays. It takes about 1 hour each day to make my lunch and dinners. I make breakfast every morning. My point was, there's ALWAYS a way to prepare your food. NO ONE is so busy that they can't prepare food everyday or at least prepare it for a few days in advance. There is ALWAYS an answer to your busy schedule. ALWAYS. Don't be lazy and stop making excuses. Just get it done and your results will follow.

More fruits and vegetables for the big guy

ProLogic
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I only enjoy fruits in smoothies :D, and the only vegetables I do enjoy are broccoli. Problem is it makes you fart a lot.

karlcrow
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I tried cnp progain for 3 months but didn,t put on much weight gain even tho i ate 6 meals aday as well

mickyjune26
08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
man, i want to get some cash to buy these supplements. I'm going to donate some plasma.

RhodeHouse
08-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Plasma? Don't you mean semen? :thumbup:

Jorge Sanchez
08-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Not really lazy per say.. I'd rather call it really busy.

You're not too busy at 16. You can make your own weight gainer for a fraction of the price, and a fraction of the time it would take you to go to the store.

ProLogic
08-20-2007, 01:19 PM
How do you know? I work online. I design websites and do graphic design. Busy most of the day. Will be even more busy during school. I'm not worried about how much it costs.

mickyjune26
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Plasma? Don't you mean semen? :thumbup:

...they're on to me...

:hump:

RhodeHouse
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Dude, you sit behind a computer screen all day. Make food and bring it with you to work. You're not that busy. You're lazy. Sorry to be a dick. If you have these excuses now, you'll be a mess when you're older. Good luck. Hopefully someone gives you the answers you want to hear.

Jorge Sanchez
08-20-2007, 02:50 PM
:withstupi