PDA

View Full Version : Broken Jaw......Liquid Diet....

Hardgainer82
08-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I broke my jaw this week in a nasty game of softball. Not a terrible break, but a fracture in the joint that doesn't allow me to bite down.

Doctor said 6 weeks on a liquid diet.

I'm the heaviest and strongest I've ever been and I'm determined NOT to let this liquid diet change that.

I've got [olive oil, pb, oats, instant potatoes, soy flour, yogurt, ice cream, flax, milk, cottage cheese, frozen fruit, kale, spinach, and of course protein powder]

Different combinations of these ingredients in the blender have been my meals the last few days.

My initial concerns are:
Different kinds of protein (specifically red meat) are missed
Needing more balance

Has anyone else dealt with this?
Thoughts on my ingredients? Suggestions for additions?
Shake ideas? (Already bored of what I've been doing)

Thanks!

Adam
08-19-2007, 01:02 AM
I had that, I didnt really mind it to much.
I just realied on shakes, shakes and more shakes. Not the healthiest way to go about it but for the first 3 weeks I wasn't caring to much.
Milk is your friend, and any MRP's and shakes.

Hardgainer82
08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Adam, thanks for the reply.

Was your main source of protein whey, along with what you received from milk/oats/etc...?

I'm wondering if there are consequences to eliminating animal protein from my diet for 6 weeks.

mickyjune26
08-19-2007, 06:00 PM
i made a tuna smoothie once, with tuna, mayo, raw oats and water.

it was not a good choice, but maybe you'll have better luck.

tigo
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
a protein blend like nitrean would probably benefit you better for your shakes than whey in your situation.

there are loads of people who are huge from all liquid diets, biggest one that comes to mind is a guy who is sponsored by this site i think? my minds a bit foggy but i think his name is Chase. ah there we go, http://atlargenutrition.com/chase_sullivan_doyle.php. He is pretty damn big, so if you do it right, you shouldn't drop your mass, at least too much.

back to sleep i go !

Adam
08-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Adam, thanks for the reply.

Was your main source of protein whey, along with what you received from milk/oats/etc...?

I'm wondering if there are consequences to eliminating animal protein from my diet for 6 weeks.

Protein was only whey and milk
Consenquences, none that I've experianced ever or know of.
Overall, don't worry about it. Just drink lots and lots of milk, shakes, mrp's and you wont be losing any real weight.
I actually put around 8 pounds on while I was broken faced. mind you there was substantial fat but my point is just that you don't always lose weihgt.

Hardgainer82
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the help! Been 5 days so far and still feeling good.

I thought about adding tuna, but couldn't stomach the thought of it.

Holto
08-20-2007, 08:10 PM
You should be fine bro. Hit your totals and don't sweat it. If you *do* lose some lean mass you'll get it back really quickly anyway.