PDA

View Full Version : Bako's Pics [from 155 to 210]

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey fellas, this is my picture journal. Update every 10 lbs or so.

Oh ya, I'm not too concerned about looking perfect, being a powerlifter and all. Anyways... here's my plan.

Start off at 155 (you guys can try and guess my BF%)

Go up to 185, fast. I hope to be no more than 13% at that time.

If I'm still fairly lean, I'll keep going up until I'm "too" fat. If I'm already fat, I'll slow it down.

Looking to end the bulk at 214ish, then cut down to 203ish.

End result should be 200-204 @ 8-10% body fat. I'll compete in the 198s.

I'll start it off with my 154-156 pictures.

I'd appreciate body fat guesses, as I have no way of finding out for myself. They do caliper tests at my gym, but I got it done last week and it they said 15%? I don't think so.......

:thumbup: Here I go! I'm a pretty sucky poser!

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
[~155]

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8040154.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8040155-1.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8040153.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8040156.jpg

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Sorry about the bacne too, won't go away :/

No acne suggestions though, sorry. This is my picture thread! :D

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 08:43 PM
[~165]

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8180006.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8180007.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/P8170001.jpg
(first lat "pop" of my life! Yayyyyy!)

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Sorry about the lack of leg shots. They are like ~23 inches around the thigh.

They just look so embarrasing :(, I'll post the wheelz eventually though. When I have something resembling Fuzzy's thunder thighs, LOL.

Gabrielle
08-18-2007, 09:17 PM
You have a lot of potential with your frame. I would guess your bodyfat to be about 12% or so. I looked at your sig and you have some great numbers. Keep it up.

mickyjune26
08-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Why did you black your face out on every other pic? ;)

You'll look pretty stacked at 205. keep it up, but keep that bf in a good range.

Bako Lifter
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Gabrielle
Thanks! 12% sounds about right... I will keep it up! :)

MickyJune
Lol, because I looked constipated from flexing so hard. Thanks man, I'll try to keep it in a good range ;).

Stumprrp
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
you look great!

SupRsmall
08-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I can see the effects of the fatty shakes ;) ahhahha.
Hard to believe that you put on 10 pounds. Your lats look much better i dont know what youve been dooing but the wings are sprroutin baby. Your shoulder mass also looks better. Good work try not to puton too much fat eh?

haha, ill be updating my pics soon end of the summer pics pretty much.

Kong
08-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Startin to look thick mate

Fuzzy
08-19-2007, 02:41 AM
We cant all have thunder thighs!

But the lat pop looks great! real strong all over.

Bako Lifter
08-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Stumpy
Thanks brother!

BigSupa
Yes! The third picture is the first time I ever made it pop out, it hurt! Almost cramped up, lol. Thanks buddy!

Kong
Thank ya dude. Still got a ways to go!

Fuzzy
Maybe I should start squatting 5 times a week? Lol, thanks Fuzz.

Can'tstopnow
08-19-2007, 12:16 PM
205 will look hellamean. Excellent work thus far Bako, can't wait for the conclusion.

You look so farnkn young, makes me feel old.

Outshine
08-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Very impressive lat improvement, and really your entire back overall. Just out of curiosity, how old are you? You look super young.

Bako Lifter
08-19-2007, 04:55 PM
CantStopNow
Thanks dawggg. Hehe, sorry old timer.

Outshine
Thanks a lot! I just turned 17 last month ;).

Keith
08-19-2007, 05:18 PM
You look awesome bro. You definately look your age, but you put my lifts to shame!

WORLD
08-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Keith, my grandma puts your lifts to shame. No I'm just kidding bud...no im not. :D
Considering you don't really care to look perfect, you have a good looking physique. Good job on the steady bulking too.

ADT
08-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Nice progress...

...for a Broncos fan.

:p

Yeah, I thought you were older as well. Take that as a compliment to the responses and advice you give on a regular basis. Bulking to 214? Once you start getting bigger, you may want to push it to a nice 220 pounds and then cut down from there. You'll be amazed at how your strength comes along.

While we are on the subject of how you look - if you are indeed a "powerlifter" as you say, I wouldn't worry about your bodyfat percentage or how you appear without your shirt on. Don't worry, you have a long way to go before you get "too fat" as you pointed out. However, I completely understand the weight range and wanting to compete at a certain level.

Is it me or is your entire room painted in Denver Broncos colors?

Go Ravens,
ADT

:evillaugh

Coke
08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Doing super, on the road to becoming massive!!

Bako Lifter
08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Keith
Lol, thanks man!

WorldIsYours
Thanks dude.

ADT
I'm glad to here the advice I give is acceptable, lol! Yes, the room is decked out in orange and blue, haha, thanks!

CoCoa
Thanks Coke, hopefully I can rival your physique when I'm finished! ;)

ddegroff
08-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Yes, the room is decked out in orange and blue, haha, thanks!

Beautiful...

Lookin' good, where are the wheels?

TommyBoy
08-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Jesus man, you're bigger than me!

Dizzee
08-21-2007, 03:32 PM
How can you squat 295 and claim not to have any wheels??

Bako Lifter
08-21-2007, 06:12 PM
ddegroff
Haha, so beautiful. I don't have any.

Tommyboy
AHAHAHAHAH! No need to poke fun big guy :(.

Dizzee
Umm, I don't know? Lol, I'll post pics next time.

Sinep
08-21-2007, 06:34 PM
You're looking at several years of intense training to achieve those goals. Eat away.

Sharkxx
08-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Very nice man, I hope I can get results like that in a few months :D. Keep up the good work! :strong:

123 champ
09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
so bako how are you doing weight wise now days? ~173? you were gaining like a pound a day before. lets get some update pics

berfles
09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Bah, I wish I had your chest. We seem to have similar body types minus my tiny crappy chest :(

Bako Lifter
09-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Sinep
Not if I can help it! Haha, thanks man.

Sharkxxx
Thanks dude!

123Champ
Ever since the last pics I've been pussin out. I'm back on top of it though, new pics in about 20 days. I'll be 175 then. (165 right now)

berfles
Hah, thanks dude. I guess it's my best feature. . . by far actually. It doesn't look good in the pics, but it sure puffs out a lot in t-shirts. Hehe:p

berfles
09-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I wonder if part of my reason my chest suck so bad is that I use a standard bench and can only grip the bar at shoulder width which means it hits my triceps more...

Mine puffs out in shirts too, certain colors more than others. It never used to before so I guess it got a little bit bigger.

Bikkstah
09-05-2007, 09:35 PM
You'll look great at 210 man, you have a frame built for being huge. That 10 pounds adds a lot, you look like you're starving at 155.

Cirino83
09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
lookin solid bro...def filling out with the bulk

everything looking good

the denver apparel....not soo much

Altephor
09-06-2007, 10:23 PM
For some reason I expected you to be much more 'wannabe-thug', I dunno why. Anyways, nice progress. We have about the same build, same height, same weight, you're a bit more lean than me though. Keep ti up. My goal for my bulk this fall is about 180, I can't wait.

RhodeHouse
09-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Bako - You're 5'7"? You should be AT LEAST in the 275lb weight class as a PLer. Vincent Dizenzo is 5'8" and at his biggest was 328. For all of you out there thinking he was fat - not even close!

Here's some honest advice from a former skinny kid to another. Don't worry about weight classes. Don't worry about bodyfat. Stay in shape to powerlift, if that's your goal. There is NEVER a reason to cut weight until you get to a point where getting bigger doesn't help your strength. What does that mean for you? When you are about 30 and are about to break world or state records in different weight classes, then you can think about cutting to make weight. The biggest problem young lifters do is worry about being fat. Remember, MASS MOVES MASS. Eat well, train hard. In 10 years, when you're 275, you'll be strong as a bull.

Contrary to popular belief, girls don't really care too much what you look like. Plus, do you really wanna look like an Abercrombie model? You better say NO! And, do you really wanna be only 20-30lbs bigger than your girlfriend? If you want her to protect you, that's cool. As a man, that's not cool, though.

Get big and strong and enjoy the ride.

Bako Lifter
09-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Bikkstah
Ehehe, thanks. I didn't think it made much of a difference, but I'm glad it did!

Cirino aka Ms. Patsie
Thanks dude, and I'm pretty sure orange and blue kills blue red and silver ;).

Altephor
Hahaha, no way. I guess I do say stuff like "yo" and "brotha" and "fo sho", but I'm always just goofin around. Thanks man!

Rhodehouse
275 is my long term goal Rhodes! Thing is, I'm in high school going into college, and since I'm definately not one of those people the chicks gravitate towards to, I'm gonna have to rely on being a buff fkn stud. Haha, I was thinking I could play around in the low 200s all through my early twenties then come and play with the big boys later on. I definately want to be at or near 300 lbs before age 30 though, :thumbup:. Thanks matt.

RhodeHouse
09-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Chicks will gravitate if you don't care. If you seem desperate, they'll sense it. Travel the path you want to travel. If you're a good person, a good woman will walk with you, regardless of how you look. I'm an ugly MFer, but I'm a chick magnet. The magnet part might be because I have my own gravitational pull, now.

Bako Lifter
09-08-2007, 10:56 PM
The magnet part might be because I have my own gravitational pull, now.

Rofl. I'm working on it though, don't worry. 300 lbs ;).

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
09-09-2007, 01:38 AM
You make very noticeable progress with not that much weight gain. Very good work. Keep it up, dude.

Bako Lifter
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks Scarz! :)

kw1k
09-10-2007, 05:46 AM
good **** man.. stay N/A though juice aint worth the squeeze yett -_-

drive
09-10-2007, 06:47 AM
great Job!!!!!!!!!!

Shouji
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm just curious, wouldn't 5'7 and 300 lbs seem very disproportionate

Bako Lifter
09-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Kw1k
Thanks dude, and I don't plan on ever using.

Drive
Thanks man.

Shouji
Probably, but I'm gonna be crazy strong!

redFury
09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Bako - You're 5'7"? You should be AT LEAST in the 275lb weight class as a PLer.

I love your enthusiasm man... hardcore pl'r to the max. And I support bako in getting huge and strong... but I politely disagree. I've had good success lifting RAW in the 132 class at 5'7"... especially considering I've only been training for a year. While that's an extreme, saying that at 5'7" I should be 275 is definitely on the extreme end as well. If you would have said something more around 198 I would be more inclined to agree.

BTW... if you were half joking sorry. Hard to read that online :)

Bako Lifter
09-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Here are some more pictures. I'm about 171-2. First leg shots ever.

[172]

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/011.jpg
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/015.jpg

CleverName
09-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Looking awesome! :thumbup: Your legs and arms are looking exceptionally good. Kind of developing a gut though... :redface:

And what's up with covering up your crotch? Too massive to show us? :strong:

Bako Lifter
09-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks man. Ya, definately getting a gut, but I don't care.

Yep, didn't wanna embarras you all. ;)

hintsas5
09-22-2007, 10:28 PM

Yep, didn't wanna embarras you all. ;)

Man you got some mad facial hair in that second pic.

Tofer
09-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd really slow it down with the bulk, man. You've gained a significant amount of fat already. I know you're saying you don't care about the gut now, but it's only going to get bigger and bigger as you keep going. The more fat you put on, the longer you're going to have to cut, which probably means ****ty workouts and a great risk of muscle loss. You had a good, lean physique before and you would have been much better off taking things a little slower.

There's nothing worse than going on a big bulk, followed by a long cut, only to find that you've made a net gain of 2-3 lbs of muscle. It happens all the time and I can't help but feel bad for the person.

You don't want to end up like this guy: http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3980303

And I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to give you some honest advice that'll help you. The body can only really build 1.5-2 lbs of muscle a month, right? You've gained ~17 lbs in that time frame...

KobeWillVindic8
09-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Man you got some mad facial hair in that second pic.

lmao:zipit:

schmitty199
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd really slow it down with the bulk, man. You've gained a significant amount of fat already. I know you're saying you don't care about the gut now, but it's only going to get bigger and bigger as you keep going. The more fat you put on, the longer you're going to have to cut, which probably means ****ty workouts and a great risk of muscle loss. You had a good, lean physique before and you would have been much better off taking things a little slower.

There's nothing worse than going on a big bulk, followed by a long cut, only to find that you've made a net gain of 2-3 lbs of muscle. It happens all the time and I can't help but feel bad for the person.

You don't want to end up like this guy: http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3980303

And I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just trying to give you some honest advice that'll help you. The body can only really build 1.5-2 lbs of muscle a month, right? You've gained ~17 lbs in that time frame...

Your making great progress man, but I have to agree with Tofer a little bit here. Id say tone it down a little bit to.... but your definetly looking alot thicker man! Whats your calorie intake per day anyways?

TwiloMike
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Excellent quads, Bako! Very well done.

LiftingKid
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM

You think that's a gut! *pats belly*

TJ2389
09-23-2007, 08:35 PM
With that "gut" comes alotta strength though, you have to admit. I mean 290 bp in the 170's...

Bako Lifter
09-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Tofer
Thanks dude, I actually REALLY appreciate your opinion. But I'll point out a few things for everyone. I'm getting a gut, I don't like it, but it's not really a problem atm. Other then that and my cheeks I don't really see any significant fat gain. Maybe it's the pic? And this is all part of the plan.

Oh ya, I'm not too concerned about looking perfect, being a powerlifter and all. Anyways... here's my plan.

Start off at 155 (you guys can try and guess my BF%)

Go up to 185, fast. I hope to be no more than 13% at that time.

If I'm still fairly lean, I'll keep going up until I'm "too" fat. If I'm already fat, I'll slow it down.

Looking to end the bulk at 214ish, then cut down to 203ish.

End result should be 198-202 @ 8-10% body fat. I'll compete in the 198s.
I'm going to slow it down. I'm gonna do 1lb per week here on out. Thanks Tofer. You kind of opened my eyes, if it weren't for your post I would've kept going fast. I had no idea it's only been a month. I gained 17lbs? WOOT! I'm actaully pretty proud of that. ps- I hope you dont think I look like that guy in the pic, he's a fatty with no muscle, lol. I'd never let myself look like that.

Schmitty
Thanks Austin. Slowin it down for sure. At first it was 3,800 and the last couple of days it was 5,000. That made me gain a lb every two days. Goin back down to 3,400. I'll see how that goes.

Twilo
Thanks Mike! I'm tryin to get teh thunder thighs like Fuzzy! Haha

LiftingKid
Oh man, you should see me after one of my shakes. Looks like I'm at least 5 months in, haha.

TJ2389
Thanks man! Except I was at like 270 when I weighed 155, lol.

Gunshow
09-24-2007, 06:11 PM
lookin good, i wouldn't slow it down too much especially if a bit of a gut doesn't bother you... there would be a proble if you were getting fat with no muscle gains but your gains look insane so keep it up.

Outshine
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks Tofer. You kind of opened my eyes, if it weren't for your post I would've kept going fast. I had no idea it's only been a month. I gained 17lbs? WOOT! I'm actaully pretty proud of that.

Did you really gain 17lbs in a month? That's nuts. That's like a guaranteed 10-15lbs of fat. What was the point of that? I know you wanted to get to 185lbs "fast" and that you're more of a powerlifter than a bodybuilder, and that you don't think the gut is a problem at the moment (even though it's just more fat you're going to have to lose later on, which means more time spent losing fat than gaining muscle, which means more chances for muscle to be lost while losing that fat, not to mention how the excess fat will screw with your partitioning from this point on and there's always, ya know, general health) but... that's crazy.

I'm totally not trying to be a dick here... but 17lbs in a month jumped out at me.

EDIT: And you look absolutely nothing like the pics Tofer posted. That guy gained nothing but fat. What you're doing in the gym is obviously/noticeably working.

BBB
09-24-2007, 07:28 PM

Yeah, Bako couldn't possibly end up like that kid. Bako knows how to lift - and is OBVIOUSLY making significant muscle gains. His legs are still quite lean - and the fat around is the only fat I really see. I agree that he may want to slow it down a bit - but I don't really think it's that big of a problem for him yet.

I think you look marvelous, babe.

Tofer
09-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Just to clear that up, I definitely do not think Bako looks like the guy I posted, or that he will end up looking like that; I was just trying to give an extreme example of what bulking too fast can do to young guys. Some people never recover from these out-of-control bulks.

But yeah, if you stick to ~1 lb a week from here on out, then I think you'll be much better off in the long run.

TwiloMike
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
[B]Twilo
Thanks Mike! I'm tryin to get teh thunder thighs like Fuzzy! Haha

I am TwiloMike, and I approve this message. :D

KobeWillVindic8
09-24-2007, 08:54 PM
that guy in the link is "teh suck" personified.

FighterInSnatch
09-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Bako you look f'n big dude.

Looking good all around.

Stumprrp
09-25-2007, 08:21 AM
was this your first bulk bako? there a good chance u could of added 6-8 lbs of muscle if it was your first bulk, sure looks it.

Ron Burgundy
09-26-2007, 04:36 AM
Bako your lookin' awesome man, great improvements.

Herandi
09-26-2007, 06:50 AM
arms, quads and back looking especially good bako. 10 lbs added to your frame looks like 2 lbs on mine...biaaaatch :)

RedSpikeyThing
09-26-2007, 07:59 AM
you're looking big bako and your lifts are showing it too! I'm going to have to join in with the peanut gallery and say "slow it down a little". Also gaining that fast on only 3800 calories is nuts lol

NICS
09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
holy crap dude looking awesome! your gains in your legs and arms are crazy.

Bako Lifter
09-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Gunshow
Thanks dude, I think 4-5lbs a month sounds good.

Outshine
I'm only 17 so I think I can gain more than 2lbs of muscle a month. All of the test, ya know? And there will be no cut ;). And thanks.

BBB
Thank ya BBB aka mah BLC baby sitter.

FighterInSnatch, Herandi, Burgundy, NICS
Thanks a lot you guys. Appreciate the comments.

Stumpy
I'm not sure what you mean by first, but it's definately the first time I've ever weighed over 155. Thanks buddy.

Spikey
Thanks bro, but I started out at 3,800 and by the last couple of days I had worked my way up to 5,000. :thumbup:

Invain
09-30-2007, 01:31 AM

Wow, I feel like a jackass but I actually laughed at that dude.

Bako, I'm with the others, eventually you're gonna want to slow down man. I thought the same as you and it caught up with me aftear a while.

Stumprrp
09-30-2007, 01:34 PM
i mean is this the first time you started eating like mad and gaining weight opposed to maintaining?

WBBIRL
09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Your doing great bro, start slowing the bulk down and just go straight through winter. You can probably add a solid 10-12 pounds of muscle by next spring if you keep hitting it as hard as it looks like you have.

Your going to be F in huge at 210

SW
10-02-2007, 08:55 PM
You're getting big and strong. That's your goal, right? Good.

Quit grabbing yourself.

blackboard
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM

lol, I can't help it. Seriously this guy is a bad example of bulking. Look like he just gain weight without touching a weight. His training must suck. I don't see any development.
Bako you are getting big and strong man. Just keep training hard.

SW
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I just looked at that BB.COM guy. Un fricking holy. No, not you Paul.

pulse
10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
That 165 looked pretty good (if i can say that without being gay lol). Thats about right where I want to be and Im a very similar build to what you have so that helps me to know what Ill probably look something like.

Levantar
10-14-2007, 01:56 AM

I actually feel bad for that guy. He gained 70lbs in 17 months? From the pictures it looks like he never even touched a weight either. I wonder what his strength gains were.

kw1k
10-24-2007, 04:13 AM
Dude how the hell are you squatting 405? thats insane... by the way how tall are you?

iLikeMilk
10-25-2007, 06:08 AM
more pics plz

chris mason
10-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Did you really gain 17lbs in a month? That's nuts. That's like a guaranteed 10-15lbs of fat. What was the point of that? I know you wanted to get to 185lbs "fast" and that you're more of a powerlifter than a bodybuilder, and that you don't think the gut is a problem at the moment (even though it's just more fat you're going to have to lose later on, which means more time spent losing fat than gaining muscle, which means more chances for muscle to be lost while losing that fat, not to mention how the excess fat will screw with your partitioning from this point on and there's always, ya know, general health) but... that's crazy.

I'm totally not trying to be a dick here... but 17lbs in a month jumped out at me.

EDIT: And you look absolutely nothing like the pics Tofer posted. That guy gained nothing but fat. What you're doing in the gym is obviously/noticeably working.

Outshine, he did not gain anywhere near 15 lbs of fat...

You are operating under misguided ideas relative to the gain of lean body mass and what can be done.

Bako Lifter
10-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Dude how the hell are you squatting 405? thats insane... by the way how tall are you?

I did it in a squat suit and belt, and I'm 5'8. Thanks everyone! ;)

chris mason
10-25-2007, 08:12 AM
I did it in a squat suit and belt, and I'm 5'8. Thanks everyone! ;)

By the way, nice progress! I don't agree completely with Rhodes in that you have your future health to consider. I suggest you do as you have done and then return to more of a maintenance diet for a period of time and then go back on a 30-60 day high calorie diet. In other words, cycle your progress. You should also still strive not to eat too much "junk" food when bulking for the aforementioned health considerations. Excessive sugar and sodium are not good for you long term.

RichMcGuire
10-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Bako - You're 5'7"? You should be AT LEAST in the 275lb weight class as a PLer. Vincent Dizenzo is 5'8" and at his biggest was 328. For all of you out there thinking he was fat - not even close!

Here's some honest advice from a former skinny kid to another. Don't worry about weight classes. Don't worry about bodyfat. Stay in shape to powerlift, if that's your goal. There is NEVER a reason to cut weight until you get to a point where getting bigger doesn't help your strength. What does that mean for you? When you are about 30 and are about to break world or state records in different weight classes, then you can think about cutting to make weight. The biggest problem young lifters do is worry about being fat. Remember, MASS MOVES MASS. Eat well, train hard. In 10 years, when you're 275, you'll be strong as a bull.

Contrary to popular belief, girls don't really care too much what you look like. Plus, do you really wanna look like an Abercrombie model? You better say NO! And, do you really wanna be only 20-30lbs bigger than your girlfriend? If you want her to protect you, that's cool. As a man, that's not cool, though.

Get big and strong and enjoy the ride.

Actually, several studies were done and women found very overweight and very skinny guys to be the least attractive. In fact, according to the studies, women would rather sleep with someone that had an STD or missing an arm/leg than an obese guy.

So if hes lifting for girls, then theres probably a limit to stay in... not to mention health reasons.

Ecto
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm 5'10 about 130, so similar to where you started. Just wondering what your split is like and what lifts you are doing. Also, how many calories are you consuming per day? You are a freakin inspiration, keep it up!

UCSBBodybuild
11-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Impressive gains...keep it up!

berfles
11-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Actually, several studies were done and women found very overweight and very skinny guys to be the least attractive. In fact, according to the studies, women would rather sleep with someone that had an STD or missing an arm/leg than an obese guy.

So if hes lifting for girls, then theres probably a limit to stay in... not to mention health reasons.

There are an awful lot of girls who dig the emo guys nowadays :)

Bako Lifter
11-18-2007, 06:00 PM

Mid conversation......

Me: So what's your favorite body part on a guy?

Gf: Um.... abs and arms.

Me: Well that sucks for you :).

Stumprrp
11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
haha it seems girls however do dig guys who are built like myself, thick, but not too too fat.

theres to much conception that putting on 17lbs in one month will be alot of fat, its obvious you could of put a 50/50 ratio judging from the pics which is outstanding.

North
11-23-2007, 08:53 AM
actually it seems like girls around here and think that built people (unless they are like 10% bf or less) are fat, it's kind of strange. I asked my g/f why she thinks my friend has never had a girlfriend. He's 19 like 6'1" and weighs about 230 (not a fat 230) and my girlfriend says "probably because he's fat".

mickyjune26
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Way to stick with it, Bako. I forgot that I posted on your initial progress. I really respect that you stuck with it while I ****** around.

Keep at it. You could be the next stump!!

chinaz
11-23-2007, 10:08 AM
keep it up!!

i can totally see the difference.

keep it up
keep it up : D

Ramstein85
11-23-2007, 12:09 PM
that guy in the link is "teh suck" personified.

couldnt help my lol at that

Yeah i first saw that thread as a link in T-nation forums and was like 'Um maybe if you worked out you woulda gained an inch of muscle' i have nothing but h8 for that guy i dont even feel sorry for him because it shows he didnt even workout once a week.

Junehte
11-23-2007, 12:40 PM
could you show us more pictures?

WBBIRL
11-23-2007, 01:03 PM
After re evaluating your pictures, I still stand by my advice.

Slow the bulk down a bit and keep going through winter. You'll be able to have your cake and eat it to.

Because you won't lose any strength while on a bulk, and if you bulk slowly and cleanly enough you will in a sense be cutting while growing. As you add to your lean body mass, your bodyfat percentage will drop.

In 3 months time you could easily be a solid 10-12 pounds heavier with no added fat. 10 pounds would make a big difference in how you look

dusst
11-24-2007, 08:39 AM
this is a great journal. i'll follow it!

btw, if i use half cup of peanut butter instead of a full, can i add some protein powder to the bako shkae? or would that taste terrible? its vannila falvored protein mix

Ramstein85
11-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Protein is add-able to any shake mate. Im personally scared of the Bako shake because it has lethal potency of calories. A cup of PB is like 'Whoa' i put 2-3 tablespoons of PB in my shake Maximum, the rest is weight gain powder olive oil a banana and maybe some honey.

BAKO YOU CRAZY GUY!! you are looking good in the arms and traps and legs. Time to reduce the cals but carry on the same weights

Built
11-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Bako, one of your other BLC babysitters here to say...

DAMN!

You're putting on some serious size to go along with some really impressive lifts.

Nice work!

leetuck
01-31-2008, 09:13 AM
You got any update pics bako?

brihead301
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Nice work, the bako shakes have proven themselves.

Bako Lifter
02-01-2008, 02:02 AM
So, some of you may know I've been slacking for the past few months. I feel kind of bad reading through these posts and seeing people say how I'm a motivation and it's great how I'm doing this and I need to stick with it :). Haha, sorry guys.

Well for the past week and a half I've been drinking Bako shakes left and right. I have to admit that I've never actually been able to finish one in one sitting... but I'm downing them suckers now.

Right now I'm on 3,300 calories a day and gaining at a nice pace. I'll probably have to bump it up pretty soon. So far my progress is 5lbs, you can see my actual weight in the sig.

... ya, I know. I'm back to square one.

leetuck
02-01-2008, 03:58 AM
ha no worries mate ... glad you are back on it again.

Post some pics in a few months

MPB
02-01-2008, 05:52 AM
I didn't tell you this before but I always used to think of you as my rival b/c our stats and numbers used to be similar. My thought of catching up to you on bench press and watching you progress also allowed me to push harder, and now here I am with 290.

So you better get your ass back to the gym!!

berfles
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Right now I'm on 3,300 calories a day and gaining at a nice pace.

Must be nice to be able to eat so little to gain ;)

I took the week off and am looking forward (somewhat) to getting back to it Monday. I just started a job at a Walgreens DC and it's the worst job ever and I cannot stand a single minute of it, so I'm thinking it's going to suck working out after I get home since it's non stop running around. That also means I probably lost 5lbs this week and probably won't be able to lift as much.

Good luck getting back to it.

Invain
02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I haven't been keeping up, but wtf happened Bako? I thought you got up to 210. You're back down to 158???

500squat
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
All i gotta say is wow!

TheLion
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
dude, props on the bulk pictures. i just now saw them, and I don't care what anyone says, that was a damn good bulk. you looked solid and gained lots of strength with it. i commend you. get back to it. you weigh 159 now it looks like. i want to see that number go up, and dude, if you didnt like that much of a gut, just go on a slower, cleaner bulk, but i thought it looked good. good luck bro. stick with it

wake2wake
02-09-2008, 07:10 PM
yea im 140 trying to get were ur at nice though

WBBIRL
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
How in the living hell did you drop all that weight???? Please tell me the secret!!

Bako Lifter
02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
The secret is having a fast metabolism. And not having to eat. And not ever craving food.

Haha, I can comfortably live on 800-1,000 calories per day.

Thanks everyone, I'm 159-160 lbs right now. Keepin a steady pace, headin for 180 lbs.

VikingWarlord
02-10-2008, 07:23 AM
I was wondering what happened to you.

WBBIRL
02-10-2008, 12:07 PM
I can comfortably live on 800-1000 calories.... per meal.

I have a damn slow metabolism and want to destroy the fridge at any random point in time.

pinky8713
02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I hear ya bako. I could live on 1,000 calories a day without even trying.

Keep up the eating and the lifting though dude. Just keep a steady pace to 180 like you said. That's exactly what i'm doing right now.

Keith
02-26-2008, 09:23 AM
What's the weight at now, dude?

Altephor
02-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Hey man you're losing weight now? Same here. Illness took me out for about 5 or 6 months and now I forgot how to eat. My schedule sucks with school so I regularly don't even start eating until 4 in the afternoon, it sucks. I always find it ironic that as a lifter I get sad or angry when I see weight go down rather than up.

Bako Lifter
02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
What's the weight at now, dude?

162 ish. Thanks guys.

Bako Lifter
03-08-2008, 07:33 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/CUT_6/christmas20073rdgrade031-3.jpg

Bako Lifter
03-08-2008, 07:37 PM
^ 165ish

MPB
03-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Are you sure you're 165 because you look bigger than before :p

Great job, keep drinking that bako shake!

rtrose
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Great arms!

getb1g
03-18-2008, 08:22 PM
beast

hulkinout
03-21-2008, 12:12 AM
Guns and torso look great.

The Bran Man
03-21-2008, 10:49 AM
you look huge for 165

csi
03-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I was looking for a rival person my height to strive for. Hopefully I will follow your footsteps. You look beastly, that unintended cut really helped your BF%, hahahaha.

Lucky bastard.

Bako Lifter
03-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Are you sure you're 165 because you look bigger than before :p

Great job, keep drinking that bako shake!
Thanks dude. Yep, 165. Ha, I will, I gotta keep up with you!

Great arms!
Thanks man, I hate my arms though!

beast
Haha, appreciate that dude.

Guns and torso look great.
Teh guunzzzz. Haha, thanks man.

you look huge for 165
Thanks bran man.

I was looking for a rival person my height to strive for. Hopefully I will follow your footsteps. You look beastly, that unintended cut really helped your BF%, hahahaha.

Lucky bastard.
Haha, well you found it. Thanks a lot man, i appreciate it.

timmins
03-26-2008, 10:25 AM
The secret is having a fast metabolism. And not having to eat. And not ever craving food.

Haha, I can comfortably live on 800-1,000 calories per day.

Thanks everyone, I'm 159-160 lbs right now. Keepin a steady pace, headin for 180 lbs.

Jees - ive just started upping my calories this week, im new to this site and have started a journal, i converted my weight into lbs as in the UK we use ST & lbs together, my weight is 9st 9.9lbs (as of last night) - converted its 139.86 lb so im reallllly tiny n skinny, i used to have muscle but with a high motabulism i cant bulk - well now i might be able to, im using shakes an all sorts - check the blog, ill post a couple of pics tomorrow - people will see what im like now, and ill keep updating it with info, daily intakes, pics - see the growth (fingers x'ed)

kornmong
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Hey man.

Wow, your like my weight and height but you are much better Looking! You have truly transformed multiple times, Good job!

Lucky bastard.

Agreed!

Hmm I may have to try this "heart Stopper" lol

Cya

timmins
04-08-2008, 03:54 AM
Your doing really well bako - soon i hope to in your league near a 165.

I've gone from 139ish to 145 / 146 in two n half weeks, i can feel the difference, my legs dont look frail anymore lol...

So far so good - i've been ill for half a week so wasnt in the gym, am nearly 100% now so will be back at the gym, bako - in ur last pic, thats the sort of look I had at 16 but not as wide on the sides, all being well - my arms are getting better - but i want a bigger back and sides to fill out a little - fingers xed, check my journal.

Bogus
04-08-2008, 11:11 PM
nice you went up

TheLion
04-09-2008, 12:48 PM
looking swole

Bako Lifter
06-28-2008, 03:25 PM
Wow, I looked massive on page two. Screw everyone who said I was getting fat (not really I appreciate all of your advice :)), I would give anything to look like that again. I don't remember being that big. If I saw that kid walking around my school I'd be impressed haha. I miss my gut :(.

killxswitch
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Wow, I looked massive on page two. Screw everyone who said I was getting fat (not really I appreciate all of your advice :)), I would give anything to look like that again. I don't remember being that big. If I saw that kid walking around my school I'd be impressed haha. I miss my gut :(.

So do something about it. You were there once, you can be again.

Steven001
06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Hey Bako - what are you stats like now?

Keith
06-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Hey Bako - what are you stats like now?

113 lbs.

You miss the gut, eh? If that's what you're into, do it again. It won't be as difficult this time around.

nhlfan
06-29-2008, 10:31 PM
113 lbs.

oh god, please don't inflate his strength/weight ratio anymore, it's about as high as I can handle as is.

Bako Lifter
06-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm 153 lbs now :(...

275 bench, 250 squat, 315 deadlift.

I know. Wtf right? I just gotta start squatting again and when I squat after a long break it usually goes up reeeeally fast. I don't deadlift anymore, I probably wont anymore. I do rack pulls now. I can handle 405 pretty easily, depending on how low it is.

Guido
06-30-2008, 08:21 AM
What happened to you, man?! Did you stop eating?

Altephor
06-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I never understand this. We weight just about the same, same height, same kinda build and yet you can bench 275, and I'm maxing out at 205. Actually now that I write it down I guess it's not THAT big a difference but it's enough to bug me.

Keith
06-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Wait, you don't deadlift anymore and probably never will? Why not? Your 405 squat in your sig... is that in gear or raw?

Cyrus Ford
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Keep it up dude.

McLaughlin
07-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I wish I looked that big at 165.. I feel scrawny seeing those pics.

Thinking of trying your bako shake though, sounds pretty awesome.

Bako Lifter
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m600/rosenberger4500/IMAG0383-1.jpg

The above is at 165, after taking a year off, crossfitting for 4-6 months, then taking another 4 months off.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m600/rosenberger4500/IMAG0463-1-1.jpg

This is at 175, after about a month of lifting since my last time off.

Invain
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Crossfit kills.

Bako Lifter
04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Haha what does that mean? I loved it. I'm gonna start again once my strength is at the level I need it to be at. I need to clean, press, and front squat 300+ to ever have a shot at going to regionals to compete for the games.

Invain
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Just joking lol. I don't really have anything against crossfit, just not my cup of tea.

f=ma
04-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Crossfit kills.

agrd crossfit is pointless. lets dig up some brb crossfitting gifs

edit: this is the best i could do on short notice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evorjLQENjw&feature=player_embedded#!

JacobH
04-20-2012, 10:36 PM
So that's what crossfit is.

Beast
04-22-2012, 03:29 AM
edit: this is the best i could do on short notice

LOL what the... actually, that would be impressive if those were real plates.

thecityalive
07-08-2013, 05:56 PM
WHEELZ...WHERE THEY BE?