PDA

View Full Version : What BF% range is realistic?

ray34iyf
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
If/when I get to sub 10% BF, I'd really like to maintain a range from about 8-11% bodyfat for the rest of my life while bulking up. Is this plausable for an average joe with genes that are less than optimal?
I'm going to start UD2.0 tomorrow and hope to drop from 14% to 8-9% BF in 6-8 weeks. Once I come off the diet, though, I fear putting alot of fat back on right away.
How should I go about this to maintain that 8-11% range without putting alot of fat on right away? Eat maintenance for 2 weeks? Has anyone who's done UD 2.0 to low bodyfat give me advice?
Thanks.

Con
08-19-2007, 03:46 PM
If/when I get to sub 10% BF, I'd really like to maintain a range from about 8-11% bodyfat for the rest of my life while bulking up. Is this plausable for an average joe with genes that are less than optimal?
I'm going to start UD2.0 tomorrow and hope to drop from 14% to 8-9% BF in 6-8 weeks. Once I come off the diet, though, I fear putting alot of fat back on right away.
How should I go about this to maintain that 8-11% range without putting alot of fat on right away? Eat maintenance for 2 weeks? Has anyone who's done UD 2.0 to low bodyfat give me advice?
Thanks.

Im assuming you own the book?

Coming off a diet should just involve going to maintenace calories, but you MAY want to raise to maintenance cals gradually every week.

Also the phrase "bulking up" means putting on weight correct? If so, to stay at the same bf%, you need to gain mostly LBM.

Only advice I can offer about UD2(not first hand experience) is alow the first weeks for getting everything dialed in. The diet and workouts parts of the diet are very different from mainstream dieting.

ray34iyf
08-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Yep, I've got the book and have the 8 weeks all planned out. I'm just unsure about what body fat %'s are realistic for someone who is natural. Basically, I'm wondering if 8% BF or so is too low a body fat for someone natural to cut to...would someone put fat on too quickly at this bf%? Once you get below a certain setpoint %(it varies person to person), things start to happen to your body that make rebound fat gain easier. Is 8% to low for most to stay around?

Con
08-19-2007, 04:23 PM
A guy on the bodyrecomp forums uses IF with good success to maintain 8% bf.

I think 7% is the cutoff before hormones and other factors begin to affect maintaining your acheived leanness.

Adam
08-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Possible yes.
The lower you go the harder it gets to maintain. My crappy comparison just so ya can get an idea what I mean.
Maintaining 8% compared to 11% would be like maintaining 15% compared to 22%. Sorta.