PDA

View Full Version : Diet for a high school student?

Itsnotaboutme
08-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay I'm 15 I weigh about 205 lbs. I'm 6' and growing.

My question is are there any lunchbox friendly foods that I can make?

Right now my diet looks something like this. (btw it sucks)

breakfast
2 protein shakes (before and after workout)
1 protein bar

Lunch
Sandwich on white bread- It varies between ham, turkey, and roastbeef.
doritoes (This is out the door)
4 oreos (" ")
water and a gatorade

1 protein shake after football

Dinner
This could be anything. Take out, pizza, fast food, and pretty much anything else my mom wants to cook

My goal is to get stronger. I'm in the middle of football.

Thanks for your help

Trevor M.
08-20-2007, 10:03 AM
I must say that is quite an awful diet.

First problem, A diet like that combined with resistance training and football activities is sure to soon leave you in a low or possibly depleted glycogen state. Inhibiting performance and increasing utilization of protein as a metabolic substrate. Both of these are detrimental to straingth,hypertrophic gains, and overall performance. I suggest you redefine your diet entirely.

Without writing another whole article on diet structure. Look for one ingredient items. Such as chicken, beans, broccoli, and so on. Remove all the processed, highly refined crap from your diet.

A Gatorade pre-workout is detrimental to performance. Remove and sustain from ingesting any high GI carbs within an hour of any high intensity activity.

Continue to drink water consistently and evenly throughout the day.

Whats with all the protein within moments of waking? Complex carbs should be your main focus in the AM. Not saying protein is not important. Just the ratio of carbs to protein should be higher than protein-carbs.

You seem to be in the mind set of "steak and eggs" equals high performance. That's not the case, every creditable study on performance and diet connection find high Carb diets go hand in hand with greater performance. High protein diets pale in comparison to a high Carb diet. Simply reviewing the anaerobic/aerobic metabolic pathways prove this to be true.

List back some more "direct" question if you got any.

Itsnotaboutme
08-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I do have one question what is a GI carb?

Also if I have a high carb diet like you are suggesting won't I put on fat? I don't know if I said this before, but I know nothing about carbs and fats and all this other stuff. So please excuse my stupidity.

IZich
08-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I do have one question what is a GI carb?

Also if I have a high carb diet like you are suggesting won't I put on fat? I don't know if I said this before, but I know nothing about carbs and fats and all this other stuff. So please excuse my stupidity.

No one thinks you're stupid.

Since you're 15, 6", 205 (skinny - sorry), and playing football, your diet should simply be eating everything in sight. You really don't sweat the small stuff like micromanaging your diet.

Big_Bouser
08-22-2007, 04:22 PM
When i was in highschool i ate so bad, well bad as in nothing cause i never had time at school....but now i graduated(this year) so now i can eat alot hehe

skinsman221
09-02-2007, 05:08 PM
You gotta get more carbs in there either in your shake or with some high protein cereal ( kashi is beast). Not to put you down or anything but you cant squat 230lbs at 6'0 200+? Im 5'9 130 and i can squat 235. But yeah anyways get more carbs in there definatly or youll run out of gas sometime soon and it wont be pretty man.