PDA

View Full Version : The Powerstation Pro!!!

chris mason
08-20-2007, 07:42 PM
I just got back from the meet!

AMAZING!!!

I will be posting results as well as some videos in the next few days.

Chris

Chris Rodgers
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I was watching some of the vids on EFS. Sick stuff!!

chris mason
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Guys, I was just writing a brief recap of the meet and I realized the true enormity of what Greg Panora did. The man hit a 2600 lbs total in the 242 lbs weight class!!!

Think about that! Just a short time ago that was a total that a superheavyweight could only dream of. This guy did it at 242!!!!

CRAZY ****!

It is truly a testament to his physical strength potential, strength of mind, and the efficacy of the Westside training principles (www.westside-barbell.com) espoused by Louie Simmons.

Chubrock
08-25-2007, 09:04 PM
I remember an article in PLUSA about Greg. He went through a lot of **** and has still absolutely dominated.

Isaac Wilkins
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I remember an article in PLUSA about Greg. He went through a lot of **** and has still absolutely dominated.

People have no idea what he's been through.

Greg's a great guy. Having trained with/seen him train quite a bit I'll say that Greg has something that I've now seen on more elite lifters. Wilma and I were talking about this, now that we've seen and trained with some of the best lifters in the world (and been horribly humbled by all of them): They don't take training seriously... until they do a set.

These guys aren't the guys that run around the gym screaming from set to set and showing how hardcore they are. Between sets they sit down, rest, talk ****, and **** around. Then, when it's time to do their set it's like they suddenly get tunnel vision. They go from 0 to 100% in a split second, crush their set, and then suddenly they're making a joke.

Greg had this, even when he was training by himself or with a weak fat kid (me) spotting him. Almost all of the good and great lifters I've seen do this.

Chris Rodgers
08-26-2007, 12:09 PM
People have no idea what he's been through.

Greg's a great guy. Having trained with/seen him train quite a bit I'll say that Greg has something that I've now seen on more elite lifters. Wilma and I were talking about this, now that we've seen and trained with some of the best lifters in the world (and been horribly humbled by all of them): They don't take training seriously... until they do a set.

These guys aren't the guys that run around the gym screaming from set to set and showing how hardcore they are. Between sets they sit down, rest, talk ****, and **** around. Then, when it's time to do their set it's like they suddenly get tunnel vision. They go from 0 to 100% in a split second, crush their set, and then suddenly they're making a joke.

Greg had this, even when he was training by himself or with a weak fat kid (me) spotting him. Almost all of the good and great lifters I've seen do this.

That's exactly how my crew trains. We make fun of each other way more than we lift, but when it's time to go it's freaking all-out intensity. This of course is why we are in the gym for ridiculously long marathon sessions, but it's fun as hell. :dj:

sylum
08-27-2007, 07:25 AM
That's exactly how my crew trains. We make fun of each other way more than we lift, but when it's time to go it's freaking all-out intensity. This of course is why we are in the gym for ridiculously long marathon sessions, but it's fun as hell. :dj:

This is how it should be. Life is too damned short to be so serious. It also gives you high blood pressure and too much stress.

Guido
08-27-2007, 01:18 PM
That's exactly how my crew trains. We make fun of each other way more than we lift, but when it's time to go it's freaking all-out intensity. This of course is why we are in the gym for ridiculously long marathon sessions, but it's fun as hell. :dj:Yep. Sounds like my crew to a tee. :D

That is an unbelievable total, BTW. And he was a relative unknown until now. That is just crazy.

Chris255
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
This is how it should be. Life is too damned short to be so serious. It also gives you high blood pressure and too much stress.

Wow, great line sylum. Lately I've been in the "everything serious" mode, but after reading that, it's gone.

And yeah, I wish I had a crew like that, I'm only 1 out of 3 powerlifters that go to my gym, well because it's what I like to call a "vagina gym". It has two rooms for freeweights on the bottom level, and two rooms for cardio. (bottom and top level):swear: :swear: