PDA

View Full Version : Pats Crossfit Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Patz
08-21-2007, 05:41 AM
5/3/1 Journal begins around September 2013.

getfit
08-21-2007, 05:51 AM
Hello stranger.I'm glad I'm seeing you here again.I'll be watching ;)

Patz
08-21-2007, 07:30 AM
Hello stranger.I'm glad I'm seeing you here again.I'll be watching ;)

Whassup???

I must say, it felt really good to lift. I wish I could bottle that feeling up, and splash a little of it on me when I'm feeling unmotivated. I've just NEVER gotten used to this new gym since February when I joined. I feel very uncomfortable there. I had the same problem at my last gym. It's me. It's my anxiety. I literally have to say over and over in my head..."no one's looking at me. This is MY gym." I'm really not that nutty. That's pretty much as nutty as I get. I always feel 'on display.' If I can stick with it and start to recognize some faces on a regular basis, I'll be ok. I just need to stick with it.

I am REALLY weak.

3/4 ROM Bench - This was surprisingly hard to keep strict, but it does work.

45-wmp
95 x 8
115 x 8
135 x 8

Decline Bench

45-wmp
95 x 8
115 x 8
115 x 5 --I lost it. Had to sit up with the bar on my stomach, then get out of the leg hooks and stand up while still holding the weight. I must have looked pretty strong...except for that whole dropping 115 thing.

DB Flyes

25's x 8 x 8 x 8 --It was incredible how tough these were. I used to double that.

DB Shrugs

40's x 6
50's x 6
55's x 6
55's x 8

Relentless
08-21-2007, 07:44 AM
You're eating BUFFALO?

Coooooooooool.

Nice to see you around again! :) Have you thought about trying crossfit instead of traditional training? I resisted the 'fad' for a long time but now that I'm doing it I think I have been thoroughly infected.

Detard
08-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Way to get back into it. Keep dedicated and you'll be right back where you were quick. Muscle memory FTW.

Coke
08-21-2007, 09:15 AM
..."This is MY gym."

As well it will be in a reasonable amount of time!! - make it a regular thing and you'll be owning the place.

RBB
08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
good to see you posting again, elwood. hope you stick with it for awhile. don't worry about everyone else in the gym, just do your own thing, bro.

bill
08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Stay with it and before long you'll have a hard time getting a workout in without talking to everyone. You get to know so many people it can be counter productive.

IZich
08-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Wow, yeah man way to come back. I remember you competing with Unholy WAY LONG ago.

Hope we can help support you and keep you motivated - what's a community for? Work out hard.

Patz
08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Relentless - Yep. Buffalo. They sell it ground, in 1lb packages in most major grocery stores these days. It tastes so much better than beef. It's the same, but the flavor is just much, much more robust. It's very lean, antibiotic free, and a package of meat all comes from the same animal. I haven't bought ground beef since January, I think. I can also suggest either free-range or cage free eggs. You get that same, incredibly vibrant taste.

I've tried crossfit stuff some, and I do enjoy it. It's difficult to do at my gym. I do have a sledgehammer and tire in the backyard, which I plan to use. Procuring a tire was unbelievably difficult.

Detard - Thanks. I hope it remembers as well as it has in the past..lol

Cocoa - It was a little better today. It was tough for me at my old gym, too, but I was a little more motivated there.

RBB - Yo man. I actually moved to the city you mentioned your company acquired a bank, and joined the same YMCA I mentioned back then. It's huge. The weights area is a little cramped, and a bit more busy than I like, but I'll get used to it I guess.

Bill - It's funny. I rarely talked to anyone at the old place. I think I don't look friendly enough, because I'm not making eye contact and I'm bald..lol

Izitch - Thanks a lot. I'll try to keep myself on-task. I have no excuses.

Patz
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
OK...

I'm back. I didn't already quit!

I spent Thursday running around all day to a retirement party for my old supervisor (47 years!), and getting my girlfriend a birthday present. Hers is Monday. Mine is Tuesday. I'll be 28 on the 28th. She'll be 27 on the 27th..lol I like it. Anyway, I left early, and thought I'd make it back, but I had some problems with the gift and had to do some running around so I missed my gym window before it was time to leave for Pittsburgh. Friday was Ozzfest. Yes, it was cool. Yes, it was hot. Yes, I saw a lot of boobs and weird people. No, I do not dress in all black or have pierced nipples.

I went to the gym today. It was back and abs. I wanted to do more abs, but I couldn't figure out how to hook myself into the hamstring extension machine they have there (for some oblique stuff), and it was MUCH too crowded to experiment. People would have been looking at me, and that's not good..lol

Mental note. Don't go to the gym during people's lunch hour when I have a weekday off.

BACK

Seated Cable Row (V-Bar)

50x20,70x8,100x8,120x8

Deadlift

45x10,95x8,135x8,185x8

V-Bar Lat Pulls

44x10,66x8,88x8,99x8

ABS

Decline Situps (highest setting)

bwx8,bwx8

I guess I got a little abs on the deadlifts. Any suggestions for another ab movement?

getfit
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm so happy I can read you now.Missed you :) I'm glad things are working out for you and the gal

Patz
08-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Ha! I didn't know I was so entertaining!

And thanks!!!

Coke
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Hanging leg raises might get added attention, lol - seriously, it's not a bad ab movement...good back workout.

bjohnso
08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome back. I was wondering what the hell you were doing.

Patz
08-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks, Coke. I might just try that.

I appreciate the welcome back, Bjohnso. I wasn't out getting fatter or anything..lol..just stupidly shifting priorities, and being lazy.

Workout...again!

CHEST

Barbell Bench

45x20,65x8,95x8,115x8,135x5,135,3

Dumbbell Bench ( I wanted to do decline DB, but someone took the bench)

30's x 8, 40's x 8

Decline Barbell Bench

45 x 8, 65 x 8, 95 x 6, 95 x 6

MY ENDURANCE IS CRAP...GEEZ

DB Shrug

45 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 8

That's it. I like these shorter workouts. They're still intense, and sweaty, but I don't get totally depleted, etc. Maybe I'll see some good progress if I stick to it for a while. The short ROM bench is a real pain in the butt. I did about half and half, there.

There was a guy barbell curling at the bench beside me. He was not only using tons of body english on everything after set number two (of maybe 6?), but he was..kipping? Literally doing a little hop-skip-bended-knees thingy to give himself more body english to get that bar curled.

He then proceeded to do about 8 reps of 85lb dumbbell bench beside me in the dumbbell section, without a warmup, drop the weights with a thud, and leave them in the floor. This was after VERY politely saying "excuse me..are you using this bench? (referring to the one beside me I'd been fiddling with to see if it declined)"

People are strange...

Unholy
08-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Elwood, you have no idea how happy I am that your back, You were the mother****er that got me really motivated when I started over here on WBB, I say we resume our little rivalry =P I hope you stick to this man, you have the same frame as I do and I know we have some freaky potential.

Coke
08-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Just keeping getting the efforts in man, then you can't go wrong - ;)

Patz
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks Paul, and Coke. I appreciate the support.

I forgot to mention in the OP I want to pick up a bit more biceps as well. I've done very little curling, by comparison, my whole lifting career. I've been more of a compound-focused guy.

With that said..I bring you my first ever ARMS day.

Yep. I said it. I did it.

EZ Bar Curls (presuming the bar weighs 22..might be 27. I forget)

did some 60lbs rows to warmup
42 x 8, 62 x 8, 82 x 8, 62 x 8

Barbell Curl

45 x 8, 65 x 5, 65 x 5 - SPENT

DB CGBP

30's x 8, 40's x 8, 50's x 8 - 50's felt real good. Finally a decent sized DB

Triceps Pressdown

80 x 8, 110 x 8, 130 x 8 - all really easy. this was always easy for me, and I do it straight as an arrow and STRICT. that's only 20lbs from my best sets...strange

Then I did 23min on the Concept 2 Rower, level 3. That's my new best friend. A great cardio workout without getting bored. All I need is my ipod and I'm set.

Prepare yourselves...I'm getting a marginally-effective diet together.

Lata

Unholy
08-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Fukc direct arm work son. Start heavy rows and pulldowns and you will have sick arms along with a sick back. I guess I'm an asshead and I like push/pull splits for that reason.

Coke
08-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Obviously going for the big guns with that complete arm session, nice job.

Patz
09-01-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the looks, guys...

I made the arms day for two reasons...

-I want bigger arms in relation to my ridiculously overbearing delts.

-I like the shorter workouts. It makes me want to do some cardio, which I NEED.

I realized the other day that in a few years, my physical peak will be over and I'll begin a creepingly slow downhill process. I'd like to make a bit more of what I have, while I have it. I'm not one to regret, per se, but I can see myself doing my version of regret at some point down the road if I can't look back and say..."damn...I was in good shape."

With that..I bring you the most hated of all workouts...

Mother-F'ing-LEGS DAY

I did this all in about 30 minutes. It's now 30 minutes later, and my chest feels like I've been running around out in the cold. And, again...my endurance is crap. I must have been in decent shape at some point, but it ain't now...lol

ATF Squats

45 x 10, 95 x 8, 135 x 8, 135 x 8

Good Morning

45 x 8, 75 x 8, 95 x 8

SLDL

95 x 8, 135 x 8, 185 x 8

Leg Press

1pps x 10, 2pps x 6, 3pps x 6

Calf Raise Contraption (first calf raises in a couple years, probably)

BW+2 plates x 12, 2 plates x 12, 3 plates x 12

Barbell Wrist Curl

Barbell x 15 x 15 -eh

That's it. Light, but heavy..lol..I hate layoffs. :(

OK..off to get some supplies to work on my electronic drums, and then to work.

Unholy
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Maybe you should change your sig pat, whats up with those squats, theres a 105lb girl in my gym that squats 135 ATF.

Coke
09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Props on the effort(s), been on track since you started this new thing up.

Unholy
09-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Way to Emo out QT pie.

Patz
09-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Maybe you should change your sig pat, whats up with those squats, theres a 105lb girl in my gym that squats 135 ATF.

Maybe you should STFU. That **** was tough.

And there ain't a thing wrong with my sig.

Ass.

I did 40 minutes on the Concept 2 Rower at level #3 today.

Soundtrack was Lamb Of God's "New American Gospel." I saw them live two weeks ago at Ozzfest. Good stuff.

It felt good to do that much cardio with so much leg, glute, and lower back soreness. I guess next time is level 4, until I can hit 40 minutes there as well.

G'day all...except Unholy

No idea how I edited instead of quoted you. I'm leaking mod powers..lol

Thanks coke.

galileo
09-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Damn, I keep missing things.

So, we should have a contest, since I'm just as fat as you now. I'm far more busy than ever before in my life, so expect a slow return on investment.

Patz
09-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Damn, I keep missing things.

So, we should have a contest, since I'm just as fat as you now. I'm far more busy than ever before in my life, so expect a slow return on investment.

It's amazing the way you just challenged me and conceded defeat, all in one post.

I'm eating tuna like it's going out of style. I realized if I don't buy the cheap crap in a can, and instead pay about 300% more it'll actually taste decent.

I need to go to Big Lots.

We can do a contest. I can't say I can be as strict about all the percentages and formulas. You tend to make a big crap turn into "x" percentage recomposition. And, there's no way you're as fat as me, dude. It's just not possible.

I have some calipers. I can do a three site, I suppose. I can get on the scale at regular intervals. I can track my calories. I've basically been doing two of those for the last year, regardless of the layoff.

Send your terms, via horseman. I'll reply with haste.

On second thought...send them via catapult.

The gym was SUPER crowded today. I was so sore yesterday from Saturday's leg workout, I decided to skip. Today was my day off, but I went in for 5 hours and hit the gym after work. It really made me appreciate how un-crowded it is at 9am. I was awash in frat boys with headbands. I did a couple movements and (believe it or not) both the deadlift platform and both squat racks were taken, so I skipped the deadlifts and went up to the rower. My legs are still marginally sore, anyway, and I didn't intend to lift too hard.

I was going to work on keeping my shoulders back today, as well. I've come to realize I have crappy posture, partly because it's in my nature to keep my head down, and my shoulders are rolled forward. Partly because I've been sitting at a desk for 8 years. I'm retraining myself to keep them back while standing, sitting, walking...but I was surprised to notice last week they aren't back during my deadlifts. They always felt like it..lol I think that's why my lats haven't developed so much. That sucks. I need to build some strength, and start low again, I suppose. I'm not sure what else to do.

Anyway..I'm long-winded as usual. Here's the sub-par workout.

Lat-Pulls (wide grip..behind the neck..to help posture)

55 x 15 77 x 8 77 x 7

V-Bar Cable Rows

50 x 8, 70 x 8, 80 x 7

Concept 2 Rower...level #4...30 minutes @ 750 cal/hr intensity

Patz
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I hit the gym today. I had to take the day off work and go deal with my house, again, so I cut the rowing off short. My water bill is unusually high. I need to go do some leak checks.

Barbell Bench Press

45 x 10, 65 x 6, 95 x 8, 135 x 8, 145 x 5

Decline Bench

45 x 8, 95 x 8, 115 x 8, 135 x 8

DB Bench

35's x 8, 40's x 5, 40's x 5

DB Shrugs

50's x 10 x 10 x 10

12min @ level #4 on Concept 2 Rower

Anxiety about the house got the best of me, so I decided to roll.

Bench is getting stronger. I probably had a couple more @ 145 in me, but I didn't have a spotter. I never have a spotter. Maybe I'll be repping back in the high 100's again in another 6 weeks or so.

Coke
09-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Good deal on doing the benching and all independently and staying on track.

bjohnso
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Good stuff Elwood, you'll be back up to speed in no time.

Unholy
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
I benched 135 x 25 today. =O

DoUgL@S
09-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Good to see you posting those sessions, keep at it you'll be back in no time.

I benched 135 x 25 today. =O

That's cold. :evillaugh

I will see how many I can do tonight, you know to motivate Elwood.

Patz
09-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I got food poisoning, or some kind of stomach bug on Sept 9th and my innards still aren't working right. I haven't been to the gym. It's driving me crazy.

Unholy
09-17-2007, 09:40 AM
It happens fatty.

Patz
09-19-2007, 08:11 AM
I didn't go to the gym today. Until I can get this anxiety under control a bit more, I just can't do it. I realized after the food poisoning or something, my anxiety took over and has been wreaking havoc with my system. It takes me hours to settle down in the morning. I've started an intensive regimen of relaxation techniques, am taking care of more of my generally procrastinated stuff, and have sworn off metal music for a little while.

But, in lieu of the gym and in an effort to release some anxiety, I did almost 4 complete rounds of..

10 bodyweight squats
10 pushups
10 situps

After I painfully finished my 40th pushup, the mailman came to the door and delivered an express package I've been waiting on. I have to get the rest of my loan documents signed, and run back to the post office for yet another express package to seal the deal. The more stuff I take care of, the less anxiety I have. That's written somewhere in stone...I'm sure of it.

Unholy
09-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Listen to some Death Cab For Cutie or The Postal Service. Guarantee your anxiety will disappear. PS Start lifting fatty cakes.

Coke
09-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Them four rounds are looking nice...I know there's a lot on the table, hope you get back into the gym soon.

Patz
10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
LOL..thanks for the support, guys.

That little bodyweight round aggravated what I found out was a minor groin pull I managed to get at some point after the food poisoning. I worried myself sick, literally, because that's what I do sometimes. It's pretty much ok now, but damn...what a pain.

I'm going to the gym in a little bit.

For Unholy..I'm 217, still. I've been eating tuna and crackers like it's been discontinued.

galileo
10-06-2007, 11:28 AM
What the...

Patz
10-06-2007, 02:51 PM
What the...

I'm a nut. I need anxiety management techniques, but that damned Lucinda Bassett costs a fortune. Good thing I have insurance!

I got on the rower for 30min at level 3, keeping the pace between 600 and 800 cal/hr. It felt good.

galileo
10-06-2007, 04:09 PM
You are a nut that never visits.

Organichu
10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I got on the rower for 30min at level 3, keeping the pace between 600 and 800 cal/hr. It felt good.

How long have you been doing the rowing machine?

Patz
10-07-2007, 09:54 AM
How long have you been doing the rowing machine?

Xian...this is true. Maybe if you had a house, we'd come see you.

Probably spring. J is working every day. We're not even going to any games.

Chu...I did it 5 or 6 times to get to 30 or 40min at level 4 about a month ago. Yesterday was my first time back. Why do you ask? Is that terrible? LOL

I feel like the rower is something I can get good at.

galileo
10-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Xian...this is true. Maybe if you had a house, we'd come see you.

Probably spring. J is working every day. We're not even going to any games.

Chu...I did it 5 or 6 times to get to 30 or 40min at level 4 about a month ago. Yesterday was my first time back. Why do you ask? Is that terrible? LOL

I feel like the rower is something I can get good at.

Shows how well you've kept up with my life...

Organichu
10-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Haha I wouldn't say so- I was just curious because I didn't recall you using it before. Good stuff.

Patz
10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Haha I wouldn't say so- I was just curious because I didn't recall you using it before. Good stuff.

It's a great machine. It's a true, full-body cardio, and kinda fun. I'd love to be able to keep up my current pace at level 10. All the old, fat ladies are in there on level 10 but they have about 1/2 ROM and hold conversations while they do it. I think the last time I had one beside me she was at 300 cal/hr (at level 10..lol). When I'm just doing the motion, using momentum, during my last minute at level 3 or 4, I'm still around 500 cal/hr.

Speaking of...

Concept 2 Rower

40min at level 3 @ 700 cal/hr (average)

Soundtrack - Chimaira - Pass Out Of Existence

Today's lifting was supposed to be back/abs. The gym was crowded, which took me up to the rower. The rower's better for anxiety anyway. I was super-tired after, but I stopped and did...

3 sets Seated Rows

2 Sets Bent Over DB Rows - the weight wasn't spectacular

With the groin still not 100%, my abs were toast from the rower so I let 'em off the hook.

Unholy
11-02-2007, 03:56 PM
So how does it feel to keep falling off the bandwagon. Fatty.

Patz
03-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Shut up Paul. :)

OK..gonna fire this thing back up and see how it goes.

I do Crossfit exclusively now (aside from an occasional 5k race, but I don't run otherwise unless it's programmed in the CF workout), so I suppose this will be a Crossfit journal. :)

I've been doing CF since April of 2010 at my local CF affiliate. I really enjoy the designated class times, diversity of workouts, along with marked improvements in my strength, speed and agility overall. Plus, it's a small gym community and I've made a lot of friends there.

Terminology

WOD = Workout of the Day - Everyone does the same workout every day at pre-determined class times. I usually go in at 7am--and drive 35 miles to get there. :(
RX = the prescribed weight for the workout. I'll list it.
AMRAP = As Many Rounds (or reps) as Possible
METCON = Metabilic conditioning
Tabata = 20 seconds going full blast, 10 seconds rest, for 8 rounds, used with various exercises.

I'll explain the others as I go along.

Performance-wise, I'm not going to impress anyone at the moment so I'll leave all that out. My main claims to fame besides tremendous stamina and wind are 82 consecutive double-unders on the jump rope and a 1:31 500m time on the rower. Those are both pretty legitimate numbers as far as my gym goes I think. On the rest of what we do, I'm probably just average. I'm workin' on that though. :)

Here's this week so far..

Monday's WOD (strength)

Strict Press1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1 (135)

Push Press
3 x 3 x 3 x 3 (175)

After that, I talked the other guys into doing a WOD called "Annie"

50-40-30-20-10 reps of Double-Unders and Situps

Did it in 8:13 That's a 2 minute PR from a month ago and 6 minute PR from my first time. Pretty happy with this. If the speed/stamina of my situps could improve I can hit 6 minutes, which is a pretty legit time.

Worked on jump rope front, reverse, singles and doubles,crossovers, etc.

Tuesday

WOD

21-15-9 (rep scheme, each movement 21 times, then 15, then 9, score is the time you take to finish)

Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (95lbs rx for both) - Sumo Deadlift ending with barbell ending up under the chin
Overhead Squats

Took 12:07. My overhead squats are SLOW. Best in the gym did it in under 3 minutes..lol

Worked on double unders, set a PR of 82 straight. Looking to get 100 within 2 weeks

Wednesday

WOD

15 Min AMRAP (as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes)

10 Sit Ups
10 Burpees (drop to the chest, and return to standing as fast as possible, jump and clap overhead, repeat)
10 Squat Cleans (95lbs rx)

Got 4 full rounds, and made it to my 8th burpee of round 5

Worked on jump rope, and did some rows on the gymnastics rings.

Ok that's it for now. Tomorrow's workout will be pretty tough, not that these aren't. It's amazing how awful 15 minutes or less can be..lol

Patz
03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Worked out today..

This is a workout "for time."

400 meter run, backwards
30 barbell full snatch @ 95lbs (rx)
30 24in box jumps
30 kipping pullups
30 wall ball shots (20lb medicine ball, throw 10ft high against wall, catch, squat below parallel, repeat)
30 kettle bell swings with 53lb kb (hold in front of you, thrust with hips to get kb to overhead, swing down, repeat)
100 bodyweight squats

time was 24:57

Just for the record, Wall Ball is pretty much the worst exercise ever. MUCH worse than it seems and I invite you to try it one day. I'm getting better at my kip. Got 7 straight, and broke the rest into 2's and 3's. And running 400m backwards in 30 degree weather with snow flurries and wearing only shorts and a t-shirt is NOT recommended..lol

Coke
03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Good luck Elwood, keep doing your own thing - glad to see you bring us up-to-date.

Patz
03-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks Coke. I love these workouts. I've found my" fitness calling". LOL

On to the workout..

Short Cindy + Short Annie, back to back

These are two regular Crossfit "benchmark WODs. Cindy is normally 20 minutes of 5 pull ups, 10 pushups, 15 squats, for as many rounds as possible (AMRAP). Annie is 50,40,30,20,10 of Double Unders and sit-ups.

So the short versions are..

Short Cindy

8min AMRAP of 3 pull ups, 6 pushups, 9 squats

Got 11 rounds on the dot

We moved immediately to

Short Annie

25,20,15,10,5. Double unders and sit-ups

Took 5:11

So..overall, a very brutal 13 minute workout.

Wrapped it up with some light dead lifting

Coke
03-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Way to innovate and abbreviate the two crossfit versions.

Patz
03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks coke. Sometimes they switch it up on us like that. I like it though. That's what Crossfit is all about.

No workout today. Fiancée is pretty sick so I'm just hangin at the house today.

Yesterday was BRUTAL.

We did a "Hero" WOD. Hero WODs are named after those who have fallen in the line of duty, whether police, fire, or military. Hero WODs are typically more difficult than others for obvious reasons.

"Hotinspiller", named for a U.S. Marshall in WV who was killed in a raid a few weeks ago. He was 24 years old.

1 mile run
Followed by 3 rounds of..

16 barbell squat clean thrusters
16 box jumps
16 pull ups
16 kettle bell swings

Another 1 mile run

This was top 5 of worst workouts in almost a year of Crossfit. Took 54min, 21 seconds.

Coke
03-17-2011, 06:25 PM
We did a "Hero" WOD. Hero WODs are named after those who have fallen in the line of duty, whether police, fire, or military. Hero WODs are typically more difficult than others for obvious reasons.

How awesome and honorable man!! - very few can make it through all that.

Chubrock
03-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Yea man, nice job! What was the weight for the thrusters on the hero WOD? I may have to do that one here shortly.

The worst WOD I've done to date was another Hero WOD "Whitten." Absolutely brutal.

Patz
03-18-2011, 05:46 AM
Thanks coke. I try to do all the hero WODs but they can be intimidating. :)

Chub..it was rx'd at 115 but I used 95. I'm not the strongest guy with overhead stuff and 115x48 would have taken far too long. 95 was plenty tough though..lol. What's Whitten? I couldn't find it listed.

No workout today. One of the kids has strep, fiancée has strep, and I have a sore throat. I don't think I'm sick (because it always happens when we start getting spring weather) but I didn't want to infect my CF peeps. I'm still going to work though..lol there (usually) isnt any heavy breathing or shared equipment there..lol

Chubrock
03-18-2011, 06:19 AM
What about the box height and the kettlebell swings?

"Whitten"

Five rounds for time of:

22 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood (32kg)
22 Box jump, 24 inch box
Run 400 meters
22 Burpees
22 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball 10' target

That workout was absolutely terrible. The turnaround between the Wall Balls and the KB Swings is enough by itself to induce pukie.

Patz
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think I've done Whitten but I do recognize that scheme. We've had it there before. It probably scared me from showing up that day..lol. So far, for me, the only ones as bad or worse than Wednesday's are Fight Gone Bad and Filthy Fifty.

Rx KB was 2 pood. I've never swung that one, but I think I'll be ready soon. I wasnt ready Wednesday though..lol. I used the 1.5.

Box hops (literally hopped over and back, as opposed to the regular jump on and off) in my gym are pretty much always 24in. I maxed at 38 one day (6 45lb plates on top) for a regular box jump. I really surprised myself because I have zero hops. Had a bit more in me but psyched myeslf out. I think everyone does that when faced with the potential of failure and bloody shins.

Patz
03-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't think I've done Whitten but I do recognize that scheme. We've had it there before. It probably scared me from showing up that day..lol. So far, for me, the only ones as bad or worse than Wednesday's are Fight Gone Bad and Filthy Fifty.

Rx KB was 2 pood. I've never swung that one, but I think I'll be ready soon. I wasnt ready Wednesday though..lol. I used the 1.5.

Box hops (literally hopped over and back, as opposed to the regular jump on and off) in my gym are pretty much always 24in. I maxed at 38 one day (6 45lb plates on top) for a regular box jump. I really surprised myself because I have zero hops. Had a bit more in me but psyched myeslf out. I think everyone does that when faced with the potential of failure and bloody shins.

And for the record, I loathe Wall Ball.

Patz
03-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Did one short and sweet today at home. Just wanted to feel less like a slug since I laid around watching Lost and Basketball all day. I think I dodged the strep throat bullet, but my sore throat persists. I suppose that's what I get for sleeping with the window open.

15 rounds of..

5 push-ups
5 sit-ups
5 squats

Took 7:26

Wasn't as difficult as I expected. I tend to over-do it with at-home WODs. It's because I think I won't get a good workout with no equipment unless I try to make myself puke. So, I toned it down a bit on this one. 2 rounds per minute isn't bad, but I should be able to get 3 I think. Pushups are my weak point though. I burn out so damned fast.

Diet was good today. Eggs, bacon and sausage w/ tomato and cheese, then dinner was 10oz ribeye, green beans, and a salad w/ranch. Completely passed on the rolls w/cinnamon butter. I've been on a low carb/semi-paleo thing for a couple months but my little cheats are getting more frequent. Performance at crossfit has been better than ever but my weight has stalled. I promised myself no cheats for 2 weeks as of yesterday. I'll probably throw a fast or two in there once I've got a few days of steady insulin levels. That'll keep the hunger at bay.

My fiancée has been eating this way with me and is down 17lbs in 10 weeks....with almost no exercise..lol. Lucky!

Patz
03-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Geez..I wrote a big ole post and apparently forgot to hit send. :(

I'll make this one much more brief. Did a short workout yesterday at home so I'd feel less lazy.

3 Rounds of

20 squats, 20 burpees, 20 pushups

13:10 Much worse than it looks, trust me. Going full-tilt at ANYTHING is exhausting. I also bookended the workout with 50 situps AFAP each end, not included in my time.

Diet was scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, with cheese and tomatoes, lots of coffee frm my amazing K Cup brewer. ;) Dinner was pork steaks grilled, mixed vegetables, and a salad with ranch. Only ate about 4oz of meat. Trying to cut my portions down a bit. Played soccer with the kids for an hour and played about an hour of drums. Had a 15 carb fudgecicle also. :)

Monday (today)

WOD

400m Run
20 Ring Dips
20 Med Ball Power Clean
20 Burpees
200m Run
30 Sit Ups
30 Pull Ups
30 Air Squats
400m Run

16:55. Not bad at all. I didn't use any assistance bands and did it in a respectable time. My pullups are improving by leaps and bounds these days. Got 10 straight right off the bat. 10 months ago that workout would have taken me 25 minute or more WITH assistance bands on dips and pullups. :) Go me.

diet today was a muscle-milk shake with 2% milk and blended strawberries, then 3 small pieces grilled chicken, a salad with ranch, and 3 more small pieces of grilled chicken. this has been one of those " I want to eat everything" kida days, but I've kept it clean. No cheats until at least April 8th. I want some legit progress between now and then.

Coke
03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
MuscleMilk has some great flavors, good deal on the fudgesicle too, lol...doing very well dude.

Patz
03-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the support, Coke.

I took yesterday off. I waspretty beat up from the weekend workouts and then that brutal one Monday. Diet yesterday was pretty good. Piece of sausage and some eggs from Mcd's, then a hamburger patty, a couple hotdog weiners(not a staple of my diet normally), and some meat hotdog chili with it. also bartered a can of soda for half of a japanese chicken breast..SUPER tasty. Dinner was a giant chicken burrito without the tortilla.

Today's workout was kind-of a development/practice/active recovery day.

Warmed up with some air squats, double unders, and flexibility work for the shoulders involving a piece of pvc pipe, then some high knees and butt kicks, and a couple "inch worms" (not fun) for hamstring warmup.

did some overhead squatting. For work on form, nothing special

105 x 3
75 x 5
75 x 3

Deadlifts (trying to strengthen the low back. i keep straining it)

75 x 5
105 x 5
165 x 3
215 x 3
265 x 3

Not too hard but I'm not pushing it.

Double unders.

I was going for a max rep, but stumbled at rep 51 and got frustrated. I was hoping to get at least 90. Ah well..

Kipping Pullups
PR'd with 12 straight. I've got the kip pretty well ironed out now. The rest is just my endurance.

Did another set of 5

Situps (working on situps endurance for a WOD called Annie, which involves 50,40,30,20,10 of double unders and situps)

Did Annie without the double unders. Rested about 30 seconds between the situp sets to account for my double under times. Went ok, but I still have terrible endurance and it's killing my WOD times.

Diet so far today has been a protein shake and a banana. Later will probably be a salad with meat, and dinner will most likely be a large greek salad with 10-12 ounces of grouper. It's one of my favorites.

Chubrock
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
What kind of kip do you use; a frog or traditional kip?

Coke
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice job, like that session - working back to major movements with weights.

Patz
03-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Just a traditional kip. Worked on it some more today. Did 10 or so. I think in a couple weeks I'll try Fran again. Gonna work on some higher rep squatting with around 135 first, and maybe a couple days of thrusters during NTF work. My last time was an abysmal 15:50 because I was doing pullups 1-2 at a time after the first half set. I'm hoping to get it in 10 this time though.

Thanks Coke..We've got 2 coaches a week now, and one of them is mostly powerlifting-oriented while the other mixes it up a good bit.

And, not coincidentally, today we back squatted.

Back Squat - 1x1x1x1x1x1x1

Worked up to it with some short sets of bar, 95, 135, 185, 215, and 235

Then 255 x 2 x 1 x 1. I did my last attempt and dropped it, but the gym got really busy all of a sudden and it wasn't real easy to focus. No big deal. That's a PR over the last few years. 275 was my best ever, several years ago. 255 x 2 plus a few isn't too bad considering I havent back squatted in around 6 months, and a 195 front squat is really the most have I've had on the bar in that time. It's not spectacular but I'm happy with 255, for sure.

After that, I was short on time so I did some jump rope. Backwards, crossovers, and got a string of 78 double unders. I also smacked my face with the rope pretty good while doing backwards doubles. They took a pic, and I'll probably end up on the website tonight..LOL

If you'd like to see the welp on my forehead, go to crossfitthunder.com tomorrow. :)

Diet yesterday after what I posted was some baked steak minus most of the gravy, and 2 sides of sauteed veggies. Dinner was a greek salad with grouper, and ate 2 leftover mozzarella cheese sticks leftover from my girl's dinner.

So far today, sausage and eggs, and a small serving of chocolate milk for PWO.

Off Road
03-24-2011, 08:18 AM
Just noticed you had a crossfit journal. Cool stuff.

Patz
03-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Just noticed you had a crossfit journal. Cool stuff.

Yep. I love it. Not exactly a top performer yet, but I'm making progress all the time.

You into it?

Off Road
03-24-2011, 08:49 AM
I do not do crossfit, it doesn't fit my goals. But I respect guys that do it because it is good hard training.

Patz
03-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I do not do crossfit, it doesn't fit my goals. But I respect guys that do it because it is good hard training.

Thanks. It's definitely tough. Some days I get nervous about the workout..LOL. It fits me great, though. A few years ago I got really disinterested in gaining a lot of muscle. I think that's why my workouts lapsed for such long periods. I know I probably won't be doing crossfit into my twilight years or anything, but I can't see me doing anything else for a while, whether it be at their gyms or something I do on my own. I'd really love to just be in good shape and strong at the same time. Plus, I'm dying to finally get lean. It's always been goal #1 but until xfit I couldn't seem to enjoy working toward that goal. I'm lucky to have dropped around 40lbs since 2004 (when I joined here) and actually kept it off despite my inconsistency.

In all honesty, this journal probably belongs on crossfit.com, but I've got 9,000 posts here and thought I might offer up some diversity in journal land. :)

Patz
03-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Here's a few action shots just for fun. No one needs to see my pasty ass shirtless so we'll leave those elsewhere..lol

Most people find the last one hilarious. That was rep 15 of 255 and it about killed me..lol

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/photo3-1.png

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/photo2-2.png

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/photo1-1.png

Off Road
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Stick around...Chris Mason really likes working with Crossfit guys/gals and wants to attract more of you here eventually. You guys might even get your own forum if it takes off.

Patz
03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I will. My last journal attempts eventually petered out because I wasnt working out, but I've been going to crossfit 3-4 times a week for 10 months, so I think this one will last a while..lol

For the Crossfit Games 2011, they're allowing any competitor to enter online. They're posting a WOD each week for 6 weeks, and the entrant has to complete it by the next week with someone to verify the reps or time. I have no dreams of even making it to sectionals..lol. but, I decided today to go ahead and get in on the fun since a lot of people like me are doing it as well. It's only $10 to enter, so I figured..why not? I get to see how I stack up against the rest of the world..lol

The first competition WOD is..

10 minutes of 30 double unders (jump rope, 2 revolutions per jump) and 15 power snatch (floor to overhead) @ 75lbs. The goal is to get as many rounds/reps as possible. The best in my gym so far for the guys is 6 rounds and maybe a few more reps. One of the girls got a full 7, which is phenomenal in my opinion. The best in the world are getting 9-10 rounds at this point. Hard to imagine.

I got 4 full rounds. Struggled with the doubler unders for some reason. I'm usually very solid on those. I got them under control but they probably didn't have a real big effect on my time anyway. It wasn't the worst in my gym. It wa about what I expected. I'm happy with it. We'll see what next week's workout is on Tuesday.

Diet ended last night with a large steak caesar salad from O'Charley's. It's my favorite meal. I skipped the rolls. Weight is at 210 flat, so I expect to be at my lowest so far in the next couple days. Joy.

So far today, a banana and protein shake. Who knows about lunch, but dinner will be on the grill I'm sure.

Later all..

Here's the pic of me after the backwards jump rope incident. It made it to the website..lol For the record, it was a backwards double under so it's much cooler than a regular incident...I hope. :(

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/ropeface.jpg

Coke
03-25-2011, 06:55 PM
You may have skipped out in here for a bit with the posting, but you obviously kept with it and are in great shape judging by those shots, even better than before if I am not mistaken.

Off Road
03-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Ouch!

Chubrock
03-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Haha very nice welt. Is your affiliate putting many people into the Sectionals?

Patz
03-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Haha very nice welt. Is your affiliate putting many people into the Sectionals?

Not sure. We only have 75 members or so, but we've got some guys and gals who are pretty legit. There's a guy at one of our in-state friend affiliates who some believe will make the finals. I think they said his Fran is 1:47, a 560x2 deadlift, 200+ double unders and more at around 185lbs. Guy is a freak..lol

Patz
03-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Today was "Nancy".

100 pull ups
100 pushups
100 sit-ups
100 squats

This workout is tough but not awful. HOWEVER..I absolutely shredded my left hand around pull up #70. Ripped that callus clean off. Between that and two smaller rips, it took me so long to finish the pull ups that I don't even care what my time was..lol. Let's not even get into my pushup stamina..

And my hands are stinging. :(

Diet has been great. Grilled some chicken and veggies last night. Leftover chicken today early, then a banana and chocolate milk PWO. Just wrapped up a bleu cheese Caesar steak salad. No rolls. :(

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/00b13cf5.png

Off Road
03-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Crossfit seems dangerous...you are getting hurt all the time - lol
100 pullups sounds brutal. I think 50 is about the most I've done at one time.

Patz
03-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Crossfit seems dangerous...you are getting hurt all the time - lol
100 pullups sounds brutal. I think 50 is about the most I've done at one time.

lol..I tear my hand up every few months. This was easily the worst yet, though.

Trimming and filing calluses down helps a lot, but 100 pullups will trump any hand prep. We don't do that many very often.

Today's WOD was supposed to be 10 rounds of 10 deadlifts @ 225 and 10 gymnastic ring rows. Yes, that would be 100 deadlifts at 225. I probably would have done it at 185. 30-40 of 225 is about all I have in me.

With that said, I present..ACTIVE RECOVERY..because I'm sore as shit and my left hand is hamburger.

Went into the gym. BS'd with the coach a while.

Then did 500 jump rope singles, forward. And about 100 singles backward. Hit myself in the back a few times. It stung.

Went and did 50,40,30,20,10 on situps with about 30-60 seconds rest between sets.

Grabbed a 24in box and practiced my box jump speed because this weeks competition WOD will involve them.

Hit the showers.

The open WOD for this week will be 15 minutes of..

9 Deadlifts (155lbs / 70kg)
12 Push-ups
15 Box jumps (24")

I'm gonna do it as long as my hand will hold up. I have a feeling I'll be using a shit load of tape.

diet was clean yesterday. actually had about an 18 hour fast, then are a steak and veggies with a salad. i did eat half a roll but they gave me SIX of them (and cinnamon butter is like...amazing) so i think i did ok. today is a shake, some eggs and sausage, and i'm about to eat a turkey burger patty and a piece of italian sausage. dinner will probably be steak/veggies/salad since i have some defrosted.

later all..

Coke
03-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Even the active recovery work is great, holding it down despite getting your hand jacked up.

Patz
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Today's workout was...

25 minutes AMRAP of ..

5 kettle bell swings (I used the 53lb bell, but Rx was 70lb, but I can't hold the stupid thing because of my hand)
10 push press @ 115lbs
15 wall ball shots (20lb medicine ball and 10ft squat thrust)

Got 7 rounds + my swings and all 10 push press..total score of 225 reps. About what I expected I guess. Not awful. After 80 reps of 115lb push press, my shoulders are toast. My squat depth on the wall ball shots was a little high sometimes and I used a lighter KB instead of the "big boy" bell, as they call it. Not too bad overall, though.

Afterward, I grabbed the rope and got 72 double unders straight. Still chasing that string of 100. :(

Diet yesterday ended with 8oz of steak, salad with ranch, and some veggies. I snacked on too many croutons before dinner. Cant be doing that.

Lunch today will be a steak salad with leftovers, and possible some italian sausaage if I get hungry later. Not sure about dinner yet. I feel some chicken coming on, though.

tomorrow I'll be doing the second Crossfit Games Open WOD. It's 9 deadlifts @ 155lbs, 12 pushups, and 15 box jumps (24" box)..all for 15 minutes, as many /rounds reps as possible. Since it was released tuesday, the top score in the world is 16+ rounds. So, dude did ALL of that in less than a minute in each round. Amazing.

I'm hoping to get 7-8 rounds, but it'll be a challenge. :)

****She won't ever see this but regardless I would like to congratulate my wonderful fiancee for being down 18lbs over the last 3 months. We've subscribed to a more meat and veggies kinda lifestyle and it just plain..works. And she's not even exercising yet! LOL I'm very proud of her. It's much easier for me to live this lifestyle when she and two toddlers are on-board. We both have a desire to keep those kids from falling into the sugar trap, so they get their treats but they also have their meat and veggies. :)

Chubrock
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Good work man. Nice job on the WOD. Thats a looooong AMRAP.

Patz
04-02-2011, 04:50 AM
Yes sir. A 30min AMRAP is a beast. It's been a tough week at the box overall.

I did the open competition WOD last night. I rarely go in any later than noon because my performance is sketchy later in the day.

It was...

15min AMRAP

9 dead lifts @ 155lbs
12 strict pushups (hands off floor at bottom))
15 box jumps

I got 5 rounds plus the dead lifts and 10 pushups. The pushups wrecked my time. After 2 rounds I was only getting 1-2 at a time. :(

Best in the world got 16 rounds. Best at my gym is 12. 12 is pretty damned good..lol

Diet still clean. Evening class people I haven't seen in a while had noticed my weight loss. :)

Later all. Gotta go to WORK..on a Saturday. :(

Patz
04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
WOD for Monday, April 4th.

"Diane"

A lot of these WODs are named after women. I'm not sure why, other than women can make us miserable. :)

sets of 21, 15, and 9 reps of

Deadlift (225lbs)
Handstand Pushups (Like most of the free world, I can't go head to floor on these yet, so I broke the elbows 1/4-1/2 of full ROM

did it in 9:53
Not too bad. The HSPU obviously go faster when you aren't at full ROM but I do what I do and that's all I can do..or something like that.

Diet over the weekend was clean, other than popcorn and Spree's at the movies Friday night. My pre-movie dinner at Outback was mahi mahi and vegetables. I did eat a few pieces of appetizer bread. Oh I also had the biscuit to go with my sausage Saturday morning. This was a very mild cheat day, and I'm proud to say it didn't turn into a cheat weekend as it usually does.

Dinner last night was our favorite meal as of late.

Vegetable stuffed meatballs.

Get a couple pounds of ground beef, some italian seasoning and garlic salt, regular salt, pepper, minced carrots and bell peppers (any color, mixed), mash it all up in the beef. Fry in the skillet (I recommend coconut oil because it has a clean taste and smells great) to 160 degrees. Add baked cauliflower if you want the full experience. :) Bake it 500 degrees for about 25min. yummy! Leftovers for lunch today.

I got 66lbs of freshly butchered, flash frozen grass fed beef from a friend for $145. A steal at less than $2.50 a pound. It tastes soooo good. Very robust and fresh. Good stuff. I'm turning into one of those "health nuts." LOL

Coke
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I see some good eating Pat, lol...like the WOD work too.

Auzzie
04-04-2011, 02:52 PM
WHen i've got a spare couple of hours im gonna read through this log.... crossfit looks fun!!
:hello: Howdy

Patz
04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks Coke..I try. I also enjoy working out these days and that's invaluable to me. Auzzie..feel free to hang out..LOL I tend to write novels on my posts, but that's just me. :)

Today's WOD is called "Death By 10 Meters" It is very appropriately named.

Every minute on the minute until failure to complete the sprints inside of that minute.

10 meter sprint. Ex: Minute 1 is 1 sprint. rest until minute 2. 2 sprints, and so on and so forth.

I made it to a completion of minute 14, right at the last second. For those counting, that would be 120 10 meters sprints (1200 meters) in 14 minutes. At about minute #10, you really start getting winded. Add to that the fact that your rests until the next minute are getting progressively shorter, and you're basically sprinting the last few minutes without a break. Fun stuff. These are also up and back sprints, so after 10 meters you're coming back for the next 10, etc. It really wears the legs out with all the stop and start.

After the WOD, I worked on my jump rope double unders. Trying to build up more speed on the revolutions so I can make smaller jumps in order to minimize my fatigure in the legs in order to get more double unders. Still chasing that 100 straight. :)

also did 90 situps.

Diet last night was "pizza bakes" which is essentially pizza in a bowl, baked without the crust and with a hamburger base. Good stuff. Today will be salad and leftover pizza bake. Dinner will be chicken and some sort of vegetable, most likely.

I setup a new schedule for myself. My evenings are tied up with parenting and playing and such,but I do have about 40 minutes free during bath time..lol. I usually play drums or start some laundry. I wrote up an actual plan on a calendar so that I can not only play drums, but do some short workouts to work on my deadlifts, push press, situps, pushups, and 1 mile run time. The resistance stuff are some of my weak points that are contributing to my bad WOD times (uin my opinion) and the mile run time is just to assist me with getting a better overall time when I run 5k's. I don't train for 5k's, but really just rely on the wind I've built up during these WODs. But, I run them at a 9 minute mile pace, which isn't too great..lol

So, tonight my bath time will be some front squats, push press, and thrusters, most likely.

Good day all.

I just had to edit my horrid math. 120 sprints. Not 210..lol

Coke
04-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Your conditioning level must be off the chain these days, looks nice Pat.

Patz
04-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, Coke. My conditioning is definitely better than average, I would say. But..there's a lot of people in the CF world that are just..unreal. LOL

Like this guy...

45 thrusters with 95lbs and 45 kipping pullups (much harder than they look, and suck the wind out of you), all in 1:53. My last time on this was 15 minutes. I think I can do it in 10 now. Still....not 1:53..LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ27XzR3HJc

Took yesterday off but was supposed to lift in the evening. too much mexican food pretty much derailed that plan. I'm hoping to get in some jump rope and sprints this evening though. Speaking of jump rope...

Today's WOD was..

25 burpees
100 double unders
20 burpees
75 double unders
15 burpees
50 double unders
10 burpees
25 double unders

did it in 13:38. I think that actually might be a time that will hold up throughout the day once everyone has done it. That's cool. doesnt happen to me very often.

This week's Crossfit Games open WOD is 5 minutes of clean and jerks @ 165lbs. I was worred that I wouldn't be able to do it, but after the workout this morning I worked my way up to 155 and it wasn't too difficult.

Diet has been pretty good. Had that Mexican Tuesday night and had more carbs than I wanted. It also ALWAYS makes me gain water weight. :( Did a fast after that until lunch yesterday at about 1pm. About 18 hours. had chicken wings, and then for dinner I grilled up some chicken, beef, and veggie skewers. Had one ear of corn as well,. but that's not a regular thing for me. Lunch today is leftovers. This grass fed beef I bought is frickin delicious.

Patz
04-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Open games WOD today.

5 minutes max reps of 165lb clean and jerk

Got 9 reps. I honestly didn't think I could do it even once because 165 is a PR..lol but, it's been several months since i've done anything close to that. It gives me some hope for a 1RM attempt someday. My form has improved drastically. It may be a low score but overall it was a good day.

Best in the world did 40+ reps. :)

Did some jump rope work and a lot of BS'ing. :)

Ate some twisted chips at ocharleys last night, then a steak salad. Had one roll too. I was craving carbs all day SO BAD. I just couldn't shake it. So, had a donut, a piece of cake and some ice cream. My fiancée said "if you want to cheat, I'll be your enabler." how could I turn that down? Lol

Eggs and bacon today. Then a baby size bag of cheetos and sucker, and had some bread with dinner, which was a Greek salad with shrimp and mushroom kabobs. Very tasty. Had a bit of leftover ice cream because the kudos got it out..lol

Not gonna cheat like crazy but Monday I'll start another cheat-free 2 weeks. :)

Off Road
04-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Only 31 reps to go...

Patz
04-09-2011, 01:07 PM
No doubt..lol. Those guys are freaks. The guy from one of our partner gyms got 36 reps and it was his second workout of the day. I think he's going to redo it today and post an official score. After last week he was sitting at #6, worldwide. That's impressive, to say the least.

I do feel like I can be good at this one day though. Not "elite", but hopefully respectable on a local level. I'm only 31 so I've got plenty of "peak" years left in me, and especially since I'm injury free and such. I've never played contact sports or done anything like crossfit so I'm pretty...fresh? I guess that would be the term..lol. All those years of sitting on the couch have preserved my youth! LOL

Off Road
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Sitting on the couch has paid off :)

Patz
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
It sure has..lol

Today we did Clean and Jerk for singles. Basically, work up to a max and do it 6 times. I did terrible. Lat week I repped 165lbs 9 times and today I dropped 125 OVER and OVER. I just felt completely indifferent and weak and just overall FLAT. I finally got it, then dropped 145 a bunch of times, then finally got it. I just wasn't getting under the bar. It was super frustrating but I just wasn't feeling it. Oh well..those days will always be there.

After that I decided to do "Annie", which is ..

50,40,30,20,10 of jump rope double unders and situps. My previous best is 8:36. Today I got it in 7:50. My situps still suck, but the extra work is making them suck a little less. I'm happy with a PR despite the Clean and Jerk debacle.

Diet over the weekend was mostly cheating. Didn't gain much water though, which is nice. Today has been clean. Working OT tonight so I'll probably order something, but it'll be clean. :)

Chubrock
04-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Your Annie time is good man. Very nice.

Patz
04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Your Annie time is good man. Very nice.

Thanks dude. I'm pretty happy with it at this point, but I want it under 6 minutes. Gonna be tough, but my situps still have a ways to go so I think it's possible.

The last two days I've worked 12 hours and had little sleep, so I skipped the gym. Because of the long drive to gym/work, I get a full 2 hours extra sleep if I don't get up early to workout..lol

Today was a "work on a skill day", so no official WOD. I have to do overhead squats tomorrow for the open comp WOD and those need work, but it was suggested that I don't do them today and instead just get a very thorough warmup in the shoulders tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

So, because 12 hours behind a desk will F up your back, I did some light deadlifting up to 185 just to get it loose. also PR'd on double unders with 89 reps. I am SO close to 100..lol

Then my co-worker and I did 50 situps passing a 20lb med ball between us, then we did 21,15,9 of KB swings (1.5 pood) and 24" box jumps. I did it in 4:13 and he came in at 4:15. I love having someone there to motivate me. :) He also PR'd on push press with 240. He's much stronger than I..LOL

Diet has been clean. Salads, chicken, eggs, bacon..that's the gist of it. Probably get about 60 hours this week. Makes it tough to get up in the morning.

Tomorrow is the open WOD for the competition. 60 burpees (jump over a loaded bar between each one), 30 overhead squats @ 120lbs, and 10 muscle-ups on the rings, for 10 total minutes. Score is total reps. The best in the world will be somewhere close to two full rounds of that (200 reps). My goal is to finish the burpees and overheads. I struggle with OH squat. I can't do a muscle-up yet, so I'll end it there regardless.

Off Road
04-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Good luck tomorrow. It sounds like a brutal session for sure.

Chubrock
04-14-2011, 06:35 PM
I don't really think we'll see two full rounds but I could be wrong. I decided to run your 25 minute AMRAP today at the box. That thing sucked.

Patz
04-15-2011, 04:49 AM
LOL..it was pretty tough. How'd you score?

No WOD today. Have to work OT again. Running a 5K for Epilepsy (im epileptic) Saturday morning then doing the open WOD right after that if the kid's soccer game gets rained out. Otherwise I'm doing it at 6pm Sunday.

Someone at work asked if I would be running in a helmet tomorrow..LOL. I think he was sort-of serious but I found it funny anyway. It makes me wonder though if anyone will. :0

Chubrock
04-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I ended up getting 10 rds 5 swings and 1 push press. I may have been good for another round or two if I hadn't done some strict pressing before hand. Either way that was a tough workout. Shoulders smoked and my legs cramped up.

Patz
04-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah my shoulders were toast. One of our top guys (3:09 Fran) got 10 rounds. Good work.

Did a 5k this morning, in a downpour. LOL

Let me preface this. I have run exactly 3 miles total since thanksgiving day, my last 5k. Honestly, if there's not running in my crossfit WOD, I don't run. Gonna work on that though.I do these 5k's to sort-of test my fitness from Crossfit. Plus, I get a t-shirt. :)

And today I got a MEDAL! 2nd place in the 30-34 division. Go me!

It also didn't hurt that because of the rain we only had about 50 runners. But still..it's my first trophy since Babe Ruth baseball. :)

After the race I went to the gym to do the Crossfit Open games open WOD. Had to get it done this weekend.

10 min of

60 burpees (face the bar, jump over it after each rep), 30 overhead squats @120lbs, 10 ring muscle-ups.

I was cramping before the WOD ever started. Stretched and stretched, but still..every time I jumped the bar my calves tried to lock up. I finished the burpees and got 4 overhead squats in the 10 minutes. Was hoping to get most of the squats but, oh well. It was a tough day, physically and I'm happy with it.

Diet has been great. Down another pound to 207. That puts me at around 14-15lbs down since Feb 1st. Getting married June 26th. I might not be shirtless for it but I'd still like to be at my goal anyway. :)

Coke
04-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Way to place and get that trophy, that is excellent.....stress level will be off the chain pretty soon with the wedding coming up. Do you have the correct date? - June 26th is on a Monday. Either way, great news.

Patz
04-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks!

The 26th of June is actually a Sunday but that's the plan. We're both anxious to get it done. The beauty of this plan is that we're doing it in Myrtle beach at one of those beach wedding places. $570, all included but the cake and clothes. Almost no stress! Weddings shouldn't be stressful anyway, and my first one was AWFUL...LOL

Patz
04-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Yesterday's WOD was absolutely horrible. Toughest WOD in weeks, for sure. These military and hero WODs are always bad, bad, bad.

Named, "Air Force WOD"

**Entire workout will contain 4 burpees at the beginning of each minute of the workout** (which basically means your heart beats out of your chest for the entirety of the workout, because if you stop to breathe after the burpees, you're losing time to get more barbell reps in before the next set of burpees begins. At one point, it was taking me over 20 seconds to do the 4 burpees so this WOD was crushing me about 6-7 minutes into it.

20 barbell thrusters @ 95lbs
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull @ 95lbs (pull bar up to chin height)
20 push jerk (95lbs)
20 Overhead Squat (95lbs)
20 Front Squat (95lbs)

I think it took me 15:13. In the middle of the push jerks while I was doing burpees, the coach put 75lbs on my bar. The reps were taking so long I was doing nothing but burpees..lol, and I had overhead squat next, which is a weak movement for me. One of our top guys did it in 9 something. Best in the world can do it in under 4 minutes. There's another variation of this WOD with 135lbs..F that!

Diet has been clean. I ate a roll and some popcorn and sweet tarts at the movies Saturday but otherwise i've been good. Skipped the WOD today. Still pretty beat up from yesterday and Saturday. Gonna get in some kind of METCON workout tonight with my lady (a real workout, not horizontal METCON..well..we'll see about that one..LOL). We're trying to ramp up the fitness by the wedding and see if we can get uber lean.

Patz
04-20-2011, 10:24 AM
no workout last night. I got home late.

Today's WOD was 3x3x3x3 deadlifts.

Worked through some warmup sets, then did 235 x 3, 255 x 3, 275 x 3, 275 x 3. Not bad for me. I've been stronger but this is easily the most I've moved in the last 5 years. I've strained my back several times, but my form has improved a lot lately and I'm making steady progress back toward my old numbers.

After the sets, I pulled 315 for a single. Wasn't really that difficult but I don't want to push farther yet. That's a PR for me in the Crossfit chapter of my life anyway. :) I think I'll be moving along on that pretty well in the future.

After the sets, did 25 situps with 8lb med ball, then 25 more, then 20 more with a 20lb med ball. Then went for a PR on double unders. I was at 80 and shooting for my first 100 but I had drifted off the mat and was about to fall so I bailed. I'll get that 100 soon, though.

Diet still clean. Hoping to see 206 by the end of the week. Sweeeet.

Coke
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
One of our top guys did it in 9 something. Best in the world can do it in under 4 minutes.

Those guys put up amazing times, and you were not bad at 15, especially considering those like myself who would have downright miserable times at it, lol.

Doing good work overall!!

Chubrock
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Nice job on that Air Force workout. I might have to run that one here shortly.

Tom Mutaffis
04-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Yesterday's WOD was absolutely horrible. Toughest WOD in weeks, for sure. These military and hero WODs are always bad, bad, bad.

Named, "Air Force WOD"

**Entire workout will contain 4 burpees at the beginning of each minute of the workout** (which basically means your heart beats out of your chest for the entirety of the workout, because if you stop to breathe after the burpees, you're losing time to get more barbell reps in before the next set of burpees begins. At one point, it was taking me over 20 seconds to do the 4 burpees so this WOD was crushing me about 6-7 minutes into it.

20 barbell thrusters @ 95lbs
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull @ 95lbs (pull bar up to chin height)
20 push jerk (95lbs)
20 Overhead Squat (95lbs)
20 Front Squat (95lbs)

I think it took me 15:13. In the middle of the push jerks while I was doing burpees, the coach put 75lbs on my bar. The reps were taking so long I was doing nothing but burpees..lol, and I had overhead squat next, which is a weak movement for me. One of our top guys did it in 9 something. Best in the world can do it in under 4 minutes. There's another variation of this WOD with 135lbs..F that!

Diet has been clean. I ate a roll and some popcorn and sweet tarts at the movies Saturday but otherwise i've been good. Skipped the WOD today. Still pretty beat up from yesterday and Saturday. Gonna get in some kind of METCON workout tonight with my lady (a real workout, not horizontal METCON..well..we'll see about that one..LOL). We're trying to ramp up the fitness by the wedding and see if we can get uber lean.

That looks like a cool workout, I would give it a try for conditioning but I cannot do overhead squats right now (shoulder flexibility).

Patz
04-22-2011, 03:56 AM
Thanks guys. It was definitely a tough one. I love it though...AFTER it's over..lol

Yesterday I went in at noon, being my day off. I seem to perform a little better mid-day. There's also some good competition there for me. I'm usually a 7am guy though..a guy's gotta work ya know.

Box jumps
Situps
KB swings

Took 12:15. All 3 of us doing the workout finished within 45 seconds of each other. I started slow, got ahead, then ended up getting nipped in the end. Good workout though.

Then, someone was gonna do Annie (my favorite) so I decided to do it too, on 10min rest.

Annie

Double unders
Situps

My PR on this is 7:50. Yesterday was 8:28. Really not too bad considering i was fresh off the first WOD and it included 80+ situps. I've been working on my sit-up speed though so I feel good about the time.

Diet has been steady. I'm really doing well.

Off to the gym in a bit to do the open comp wod. We'll see how that goes..lol

Patz
04-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Open Competition WOD

For the record, I've just about had it with these WODs. Lost my fire for them 2 weeks ago..lol. But, I shall not be a quitter.

20 minute AMRAP

5 Power Clean @ 145lbs
10 Toes to Bar (just like it sounds. hang from the pullup bar and bring toes to the bar)
15 Wall Ball (squat and throw 20lb Med Ball to 10ft height

Got 4 rounds + my power cleans, toes to bar and 2 wall ball. Total reps = 137. This is really pretty much what my goal was. My toes to bar is weak. I even tried to bicycle kick it a couple times..LOL Best in my gym are getting 8 rounds and change so far so I don't feel too bad.

Diet yesterday was solid until dinner. Had a chicken breast with mushrooms and green beans(Texas Roadhouse), and salad. But..had half a roll and a decent portion of a deep fried onion. Despite my small cheat, weight was still at 207 this morning. I'm hoping to be 206 tomorrow because we're having a cookout and I'll be surrounded by temptation..lol :)

Coke
04-22-2011, 08:09 AM
For the record, I've just about had it with these WODs. Lost my fire for them 2 weeks ago..lol. But, I shall not be a quitter.

Got to be relentless and see it through dude, no other way around it, lol.

Patz
04-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Got to be relentless and see it through dude, no other way around it, lol.

I agree. It seems like my feelings are in agreement with a lot of people. No one in my gym is going to make regionals, so I think we're all just ready to see it done and find out where we stand in the gran scheme of things. :)

Chubrock
04-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Ended up doing that Air Force WOD. My quads were a helluva lot more smoked than I thought they'd be.

Patz
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Ended up doing that Air Force WOD. My quads were a helluva lot more smoked than I thought they'd be.

My shoulder were smoked pretty bad too.

How was your time?

Chubrock
04-23-2011, 01:57 AM
I ended up hitting a 10:56. The first half of my OH Squats were high I'm sure. I actually started to squat deeper as I became more fatigued.

Patz
04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Man I struggle with OHS too. It's pretty much my worst movement..I think..lol

Today was.... FRAN

Fran is one of Crossfit's "benchmark" WODs.

21,15,9 reps of Barbell Thrusters @ 95lbs and pullups.

My first Fran about 10 months ago was 18 minutes, with a huge-ass assistance band under my foot. EIGHTEEN MINUTES..LOL Last time was about 4 months ago. I Rx'd it but my unassisted pullups were SLOOOOW. We're talking one at a time. I did that one in 15:50..lol

Haven't done it again until today. My goal was 10 minutes, because my pullups have improved quite a bit. I got it in 9:04, which means I managed to shave almost 7 minutes off my last time. I have never pushed so hard in my life, seriously. I got the first set of thrusters unbroken (previous best is 13 straight) but totally gassed out after a couple reps of the 15 set..lol Still, though, I beat my goal and I feel really damned good about it.

Best in the world can do this in under TWO minutes. I can't imagine what kind of v02 levels those guys and gals have. Best at my gym got it in 3:10. I'm happy but I've got a lot of potential for improvement.

Off Road
04-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Nice job beating your FRAN goal.
Try doing your overhead squats to a box. It really helped with my form.

StLRPh
04-25-2011, 08:39 AM
That's a huge improvement on your Fran time. Are you doing Kipping pullups? Looks like you're somewhat following the mainpage, does your box do the programming?

Patz
04-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks offroad. I'm gonna be working on that stuff soon so I'll give the box a shot. My biggest problem is overhead fatigue. I'm not real strong on overhead stuff so I wear out quick.

stlrph..thanks.you crossfit?

I'm kipping, but my kip isn't super great yet. I've got the motion and rhythm down pretty well but I'm still a little on the heavy side in proportion to my strength. I weigh 207 @ roughly 23% bodyfat and can only do maybe 5 dead-hangs 100% fresh and only got my first pullup ever back in august.. I also have VERY small hands. So, my kip pullups suffer pretty quick. Like today, I did 7, then like..5's and 3's consecutively for my first 21. I did it in just under a minute, but still...it was all downhill from there..lol I've been dropping weight though, so things are constantly improving.

Our owner and head coach do all the programming. I really don't check the main site much. The workouts there are ridiculous sometimes, though. It's like they gear them toward the advanced crowd when the average crossfitter cant do a muscle-up or HSPU..lol You might be seeing the open competition WODs on my journal matching those on the main site, since they're for the games.

StLRPh
04-25-2011, 09:17 AM
stlrph..thanks.you crossfit?

Sorta. I did it for a few months several years ago and was too weak to really get anything out of it and to be completely honest the forum at CF really turned me off. So I spent the next 2 years gaining weight and getting stronger. Now I'm getting into strongman and really want to improve my conditioning in general. With the hope of doing a strongman comp at the end of the year and maybe a CF one at some point as well.

I'm using Wendler's 5/3/1 as a base for programming, doing events every other weekend and making sure I do some sort of CF workout in once or twice a week as well.

May have to try Fran sometime later this week...

Patz
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Good plan, sir. Sounds like you could turn into a pretty good competitor with your variations. I was perusing your journal earlier and you've made a lot of good progress. Very impressive.

I rarely get on the CF forums. There's a lot of ego there and a lot of outright lying about performance. Although I don't take myself too seriously, one thing I figured out pretty quick about Crossfit is, there are a lot of type A personalities. It's a very competitive "sport" and it naturally attracts competitive, outgoing people. I've met a lot of very cool people at my gym. Really, there's no one there that I dislike in the least. It's a small box, though. But, Crossfit also happen to attract some douchebags with those same personality traits. There's also a "Crossfit rules all, everything else sucks" mentality with a lot of people, which is giving the sport a bad name in some circles.

It's all just par for the course, though. I pretty much believe that 53% of everything on the internet is a lie anyway, so I just go with the flow..lol

StLRPh
04-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Good plan, sir. Sounds like you could turn into a pretty good competitor with your variations. I was perusing your journal earlier and you've made a lot of good progress. Very impressive.

I rarely get on the CF forums. There's a lot of ego there and a lot of outright lying about performance. Although I don't take myself too seriously, one thing I figured out pretty quick about Crossfit is, there are a lot of type A personalities. It's a very competitive "sport" and it naturally attracts competitive, outgoing people. I've met a lot of very cool people at my gym. Really, there's no one there that I dislike in the least. It's a small box, though. But, Crossfit also happen to attract some douchebags with those same personality traits. There's also a "Crossfit rules all, everything else sucks" mentality with a lot of people, which is giving the sport a bad name in some circles.

It's all just par for the course, though. I pretty much believe that 53% of everything on the internet is a lie anyway, so I just go with the flow..lol

thanks for compliment, and I agree 100% on the board. But if not for CF I wouldn't have discoverign powerlifting and all the other stuff that I've done in the last 2 years, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

Patz
04-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes sir..I looooove those olympic lifts!

Patz
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
No more Internet at work for a while..lol. So if I disappear it's just that I'm not finding time at home to post. :)

Yesterday was ..

20min AMRAP

5 full snatch @ 95lbs
10 sit-ups
15 front squat @ 95lbs

I am terrible at a squat snatch so I had quite a few misses. Plus, I was brutally sore from Fran, so....

I got 4 complete rounds. :(

Took today off. Diet is clean. :)

Patz
05-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Took a couple days off for some serious recoup.

Worked out Friday. Last WOD of the open competition.

7 minutes of thrusters @ 95lbs and chest to bar pull ups. Chest to bar meaning..chest touching the bar..lol. Significantly more effort required than chin over the bar.

3,3 6,6 9,9 etc. Add 3 to each set. I made it to 7 reps of pull ups in my set of 12's. 43 total reps. Better than I expected to do, especially since I did Fran on Monday and it's a nearly identical workout.

Spent a couple hours playing disc golf yesterday. I already suck at it but I'm super rusty..lol

Diet has been clean. Weight was 205 this morning. Lowest in 10 years. :)

cphafner
05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
congrats on the weight drop!

Patz
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks man. 7 more pounds will make it the lowest since 9th grade. That would be the first and only time I weighed 198..lol

cphafner
05-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Damn, I was about 98lbs in 9th grade! Haha, polar opposites.

Patz
05-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Rofl..DAMN. i passed that in 5th grade. Last time I had abs I was about 6..LOL

StLRPh
05-01-2011, 05:29 PM
7 minutes of thrusters @ 95lbs and chest to bar pull ups. Chest to bar meaning..chest touching the bar..lol. Significantly more effort required than chin over the bar.

Diet has been clean. Weight was 205 this morning. Lowest in 10 years. :)

that was a tough WOD, I managed the 9's round with about 10 sec to spare:drooling:

nice work on the weight loss as well, do you have a goal or just whatever happens?

Patz
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah it was definitely a doozy, and especially after doing Fran and a 20min AMRAP. I actually miscounted my total reps when I posted it to the games site. :( shorted myself by 12 reps.

My goal has always been leanness. This is the closest I've been and I owe it all to crossfit. I finally have something I truly enjoy. After that, I'll be looking to add some muscle and specifically work toward improving on WODs.

Today was 21,15,9 of (135lbs) hang clean, kb swings, and push jerk.

I think I over-exerted my CNS last week. had zero energy or strength. It was brutal. Dropped the weight to 95 after the round of 21. Even the kb thrusts were in sets of 5. This happened to me a few weeks ago too. Oh well. 18:30 was the time.

Diet clean

Off Road
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Rest and recharge.

Coke
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Seeing you get to an all time low bodyweight while being at your best fitness wise is excellent.

Patz
05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks coke. I'm tryin..lol

OR..you think I should lay off entirely for a few days? I'm trying to commit to getting more than 6 hours of sleep on gym days. I've been doing so well lately I hate to spoil it by not resting enough. I'm eating plenty of protein though. :). I grilled the shit out of a probably 50oz steak yesterday and some chicken today..lol. No I didn't eat this by myself. ;)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g61/mrelwooddowd/c73a31ea.png

Chubrock
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Fuck yea that steaks nice!

Off Road
05-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I could eat that whole steak if i wasn't so packed full of brown rice and oatmeal right now.

Patz
05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
It was a tasty steak..lol I'm looking forward to the 2 others I have. :)

Took Tuesday off. Yesterday was some sprint intervals.

200m, then rest however long that took, then 400m, then rest however long the 400 took, then 600m, then rest that long. Do the whole round 3 times.

Took me about 30 minutes. I pretty much ran an identical pace the whole time, which was about 60 seconds per 200m. I was running this pace accurate to the second at almost every interval. It was kinda freaky.

It was also about 45 degrees and raining on me.

Didn't do anything else. Goin in a bit. Strict press today for sets of 2. Hoping I can get 135 for my sets. Hopefully my bursa will cooperate. :)

Off Road
05-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Good sprinting session. Good luck with the pressing today. It's a strength day, make it a good one!

StLRPh
05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
nice job getting out even when it's nasty outside...at least you had the track to yourself :)

Coke
05-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Totally impressed with those series of sprints and the conditions in which they were done under.

Patz
05-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the support fellas. It helps.

Thursday was the pressing. Just plain weak. Got 2 reps of 125 but never could get 135. I used to do 155..lol

But, I grabbed the rope afterward and got my 100 double-unders goal achieved. :)

Took Friday off to get some sleep. Today was the kid's big 5th birthday party. My fiancée goes ALL OUT. I did run around the gym at her school, shot hoops, chased toddlers, jump roped some, etc etc. Long day..lol

StLRPh
05-08-2011, 05:48 AM
Thursday was the pressing. Just plain weak. Got 2 reps of 125 but never could get 135. I used to do 155.

I'd imagine that was at a pretty different weight, right? Also, you've been focusing on conditioning and diet lately. The strength is still there. Whenever it's time just need to incorporate some strength training in the CF stuff and you'll be there in no time.

Patz
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I'd imagine that was at a pretty different weight, right? Also, you've been focusing on conditioning and diet lately. The strength is still there. Whenever it's time just need to incorporate some strength training in the CF stuff and you'll be there in no time.

Yeah. Good point. I probably weighed 235-240 at that time and was only lifting. Still somewhat frustrating though.

Off Road
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
It will come back fast when you train it regularly again.

StLRPh
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Just found this affiliate's site and the programming looks very solid. Since you have a box, may not need it but I thought it was worth mentioning

http://crossfit-strength.com/

Patz
05-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have to dig around in there soon. I definitely want to be working on my strength aftervWODs when possible.

Today was "Barbara"

5 rounds with a 3min rest after each round.

20 pull ups
30 pushups
40 sit-ups
50 squats

700 total reps..lol pushups are my cryptonite. I did fine on the pull ups and everything else but pushups just kill me. I couldn't get past the first 17 before having to shake out my I did the last set of 30 on my knees.

53:15. FML

Diet has been clean except for Saturday. Had some birthday cake, ice cream, pizza and doritos. :)

Down another pound to 204. :)

Off Road
05-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice. What's your hangup with pushups? Arms? Core?

Patz
05-10-2011, 03:55 AM
I'm really not sure. I've always struggled. In high school I couldn't even do 10..lol. My delts are fried in a really short time. I think they take on too much of the load or something.. I try different hand placement and stuff but it only buys me a few more reps. I really should work on them every day though

Off Road
05-10-2011, 06:59 AM
I was always the opposite; strong on pushups and couldn't do any pull-ups.
My son was crappy at push-ups, so I had him doing pushups where he was starting from flat on the floor (deloaded) every rep. It has helped him a ton.

cphafner
05-10-2011, 08:12 AM
now I want a steak

Patz
05-10-2011, 10:56 AM
lol..you like that conor? it was tasty.

i might try that OR. igotta do SOMETHING. as sore as my chest was today, I did some negatives for a muscle-up on the rings. probably did 15 or so, DEEP. I think doing those after the WODs will get me to my first muscle-up within a month. I'm excited for that one. There's maybe 15 people at my gym that can do one.

Today was

Overhead Squats
Burpees

115lbs was the OHS weight. I can do it, but in the my best interest for getting the full effect of the sprint paced workout, I went with 95. My form has improved drastically, thank God.

6:08

Sounds VERY easy. Well, it wasn't. Do it as fast as possible, and factor in that you're squatting in every rep of the workout (burpees too) and it makes for some serious lactic acid and windedness. That's probably not a word, but whatever..

Diet is clean. Steak Escape has released a few new salads for the summer and they're great. I need more options for lunch when I don't have leftovers, and these made my day..lol

Speaking of which, it's time for a late breakfast..

StLRPh
05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
There is no such thing as an easy workout that involves burpees...just saying; Very nice effort btw

Off Road
05-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Overhead squats are tough to master.

Focused70
05-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Did someone say "steak"? :)

Wish some ex-WBBers would come back. Like Rene.

Patz
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys.

If you haven't seen my steak, scroll up a bit. It was legendary.

I know what you mean, but I think that era of WBB is over. I looked up Anthony because I know he's involved in crossfit. Found him on that site and said hello and such. Later I see a pic on the crossfit main site of him setting the Canadian national deadlift record for 160lbs. I think it was 623lbs..pretty phenomenal.

Chubrock
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Anthony went on to develop/operate Crossfit Fredericton. There are a few of us still left around, but not many. Nice job on the workout Mwood.

Coke
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Quite proud of Anthony's accomplishments, he is a great guy, can't say the same about certain members from here, past and present - it is what it is. Glad you returned though and are making strides again Pat.

Patz
05-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Thanks man. I appreciate the support and you're correct on all points.

Yesterday was a makeup day so I did some dead lift singles up to 315. Pretty much nothing else. Diet pretty clean. :)

Off Road
05-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Nice choice with the deads. Can't go wrong throwing them in every once in a while.

Patz
05-18-2011, 06:19 AM
Deadlift is something I really want an impressive number at. But, I'm ok with getting there slowly. :)

Worked out Monday. It was a "work on a skill" day. I tried about 10 times to get a muscle-up. I'm close, but it still needs work. Also did 30-40 handstand pushups down to about 5 inches off the ground, and then did some lockouts in the HSPU position. It'll help them, along with my overhead movements like OH squats, snatch, press, etc. It's amazing how difficult it can be to do a simple press off the floor though..lol

Going in at noon today for "Helen". 3 rounds of 400m run, 21 kb swings (53lbs), 12 pull ups. Not sure what my last time was. It's been so long that I was probably using a band for pull ups.

Weight is 203 this morning. Another pound lost. I can't believe I'm still dropping a pound a week at my current bf levels and still no calorie or macro counting. :)

Off Road
05-18-2011, 06:51 AM
Helen sounds like a bitch :)
Nice job with the HSPUs, those are tough.

StLRPh
05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Good luck with Helen. Any WOD with running=big suck :)

Nice job on the weight loss, it doesn't have to be complicated. Eat clean(ish) and work hard with your conditioning = wt loss

Patz
05-19-2011, 05:24 AM
Thanks guys. Down to 201 this morning..lol. I'm sure that's the workout, a very low carb day, and the nearly two hours I spent practicing s 250bpm song on drums. A lot of sweating. Drinking water as we speak.

Did Helen in 13:15. That's probably a huge PR. two of the light guys working with me dud it in 8:30. :o

Patz
05-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Open day. Did a WOD I found online called Broomstick Mile. Looked like a good one for metcon.

All done with a PVC pipe (broom stick)

25 back squat
25 front squat
25 OHS
400m run
25 press
25 push jerk
50 squat clean
400m run
25 deadlift
50 snatch
400m run

21:59. I didn't go balls out on it. I was by myself while some of the new people did a group thing. Legs got pretty tired from all the squatting. It's like..125 squats, 75 jumps, etc, with everything else. Made the runs a little tougher..lol

Weight was 202 this morning. Probably still a little dehydrated. Gonna be playing drums outside this evening for a few hours so I'll probably end up sweating myself into the 190's..LOL

StLRPh
05-20-2011, 12:38 PM
way too much running going on in here :rolleyes:

Coke
05-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Wow, that is some killer stuff right there - no joke!!

Patz
05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Yesterday was a weird WOD.

"Griff"

Run 800m
Run 400m backwards
Run 800m
Run 400m backwards

15:17 was my time. My calf muscles hurt. Oddly enough (considering that I ran half a mile in reverse), that was close to my 5k pace..lol

Skipped today for sleep.

Tomorrow's WOD will be a BEAST. stay tuned..

StLRPh
05-25-2011, 07:37 AM
I've never understood the need to run backwards for long distances. I used to do a lot of backwards sprints for basketball b/c that happens in the game a lot but 400m seems like overkill.

BTW, I'd be hard pressed to go that far in that time even running normal the whole time :)

Are you POSE running?

Off Road
05-25-2011, 08:19 AM
You're right...that was a weird one. But what the heck, sometimes it's fun doing different things.

Patz
05-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah I'm glad we don't do it that often, but I like a change of pace. I'm sure it benefits my overall agility in some fashion..lol. No pose running yet but I intend to work on it this summer. The backwards part was off my heels though for sure.

Today was..

2 rounds of..

20 burpees
30 deadlifts @ 185lbs
40 kb swings @ 53lbs
50 sit-ups
60 double unders
100 squats after round 2.

Took me 29:51

Horrendous but I enjoyed it. :)

StLRPh
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
:drooling: just from reading that

although for 1 round that would be pretty fun :) (I'm stealing this one)

Off Road
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Oh my goodness...you survived a half hour of that?

Coke
05-26-2011, 12:29 AM
Tomorrow's WOD will be a BEAST

You weren't joking, that shit was terror, lol.

Patz
05-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah guys that was brutal. Fun though..lol

Today was a makeup day. I'm horribly sore from Wednesday but one of the girls was doing yesterday's WOD so I joined her for motivational purposes..lol. She appreciated it.

20min AMRAP

7 power cleans @ 135lbs
7 burpees
200m run

Got 7 full rounds in 20min. I was and still am sore as shit from hamstrings to traps but I actually did better than I expected.

Diet is clean. Weight steady. No cookouts this weekend..working 12 tomorrow and 16 Monday. Got a wedding to pay for in 1 month. :)

StLRPh
05-27-2011, 02:09 PM
nice work,

holy crap at the working this weekend and

congrats on the upcoming wedding

Coke
05-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Looks great Pat.

Patz
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys.

Whew...busy week. Worked 60 hours and got little sleep. No gym visits. First time I've missed a full week since Christmas.

Today was....

50 double unders
20 strict press @ 95lbs (was 100 but I forgot)
30 box jumps
40 KB swings
50 wall ball shots
100ft walking lunge w/45lb overhead
50 double unders

Horrid horrid horrid..

Overhead press took forever and a 9 day layoff + humidity and no AC had me ready to vomit by minute 10. Had to lose the shirt and slow it down a bit. Laid in front of a fan for about 10min afterward. Good times. This is why I go in at 7am. Those midday workouts feel like Thailand.

I think my time was 19:51. not horrible but it should have been around 15min.

Weight is 203. No workout tomorrow. Spending the day at an amusement park. Maybe I'll sweat my way into the 190's. :)

Chubrock
06-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Not bad not bad. Keep pluggin away man.

StLRPh
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
nice work Pat

Off Road
06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Getting back after it is key. Have fun at the park.

Coke
06-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Looks like you were actually 'forced' into taking last week off, which really isn't a bad deal, so long as you are getting paid for it, lol...way to be resuming things.

Patz
06-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks guys. The time off is great but I spent most of it staying up past midnight and spent 12 hours a day at my desk. I'm oretty beat up from monday. Those lunges do it every time..lol

Ended up at the pool yesterday instead of the amusement park. I hate rides anyway--then again, I can't swim either..lol

Today was...

3 rounds

5 push press (185...I used 145)
50 double unders

The cap was 6 minutes. I did it in 5:57..lol. Had a lot of monday fatigue right off the bat. Everyone did. Good workout though.

Did some sled drags and handstand pushups, weighted situps, and even did a couple dead hang pullups with a 20lb vest. Kinda surprised myself with that one..lol

StLRPh
06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
that's an awesome time for that much work (especially the double unders)

Coke
06-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Good stuff there, session was real fine Pat.

Patz
06-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Thanks!

Today's WOD is...

500 double unders for time.

Time was 14:47. My goal was 15 minutes so I'm happy. It was pretty tough. I started with 70, but after that it was all sets of 10 or 20. I hope my time holds up pretty well throughout the day. Ran 1.5 miles about 15 minutes after the WOD. took 14 minutes or so.

Weight still sitting at 203. Goin to see Super 8 tonight so popcorn will be consumed. Dinner will probably be pretty clean though.

StLRPh
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
that would probably take me several hours...

Off Road
06-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Let us know how you like the movie. It looks interesting.

Coke
06-10-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm liking it bro, always managing to beat your cap or goal times.

Patz
06-13-2011, 06:09 AM
The movie was great. Definitely go check it out.

No WOD today. Got to bed late and I'll probably be working until 10 tonight do I opted for 2 extra hours of sleep. :)

Off Road
06-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the movie tip. We'll check it out. Movies tend to zap a lot of our budget in the Summer.

Bako Lifter
06-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Nice workout, thats a lot of double unders. I'm working on doing 5 in a row right now haha.

Patz
06-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice workout, thats a lot of double unders. I'm working on doing 5 in a row right now haha.

LOL..just practice them and be patient. I see so many people who rush to get them and get frustrated and convince themselves that they'll never get it.

Just work on singles with a double mixed in. I RX'd MANY DU workouts using a "single single double" technique. After a couple months I started getting them..10, then 17, 32,37,55,65,78,82, then hit 100 after just about a year at xfit.

But give it 10min after every WOD. I do singles, singles backwards (can get 2 DU's backwards), crossovers..just whatever. All that helps with rope control.

Patz
06-13-2011, 08:40 PM
My wife (in 12 days. :). ) and I did a WOD tonight after the kids were in bed. That sounded weird, I know.

I did..

3 rounds of..
1/4 mile elliptical
50 Situps
25 full ROM pushups

No idea how long it took. I know all the 1/4 miles were exactly 3min each. Takes longer than running.

She did..

1/4 mile elliptical

Then 2 rounds of..
25 sit-ups
25 squats
25 db press (each arm) @

1/4 mile elliptical

Good stuff..a nice little evening workout. We're gonna try to do this nightly for a while.

Tried on my outfit for the beach wedding today. Looks pretty good! I'll post a pic once we're officially official..LOL

No breakfast, salad for lunch, turkey & veggie meatballs, baked cauliflower and salad for dinner. Our favorite meal, diet or no diet. :)

Later all..

StLRPh
06-14-2011, 08:29 AM
It's very cool that you two are able to train together

Off Road
06-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Coke
06-14-2011, 09:19 AM
No doubt the stress of the impending nuptials are increasing as that special day approaches, wish you all the best.

Patz
06-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys. Wedding will be pretty low-key. We arranged it that way to avoid all the needless stress (and cost) of a regular wedding. :)

WOD today..

5 minutes for as many reps as possible.

3 deadlifts @ 250lbs
4 burpees

Got 6 rounds plus my 3 deadlifts of round 7. That 250 was moving SLOW after about 10-12 reps. But I guess 21 deads and 20 burpees in 5 minutes is pretty taxing.
After that, did 400m run without landing on my heels, DH pullups and worked on coming up out of the hole on muscle-ups, then some jump rope.

Signed up for a diet contest that started a week ago. Need a little extra motivation. Diet is clean.

Later all!

StLRPh
06-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Signed up for a diet contest that started a week ago. Need a little extra motivation. Diet is clean.

I'm patiently waiting for after the wedding, when you go start Greyskull LP and do a (lean) weight gain diet :)

Just read through the ebook and it's excellent. About 80% of it is covered at his website but still a good book.

Off Road
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I really like those short WODs. Killer efforts.

Chubrock
06-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Yea yea! Nice job man. Solid WOD.

Coke
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Interesting you entered the diet contest, good luck with that.

Bako Lifter
06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Burpees and deads, awesome. Where do u get your wods from?

Patz
06-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks guys. I'll need that luck Coke..lol. I'm gonna have to work extra hard just to have a respectable result. My body fat is low enough that I'm not gonna be melting away the pounds with average effort. We shall see. :)

Bako..my regular WODs are programmed by and performed at Crossfit Thunder in Huntington, WV. www.crossfitthunder.com. I just make up bodyweight stuff when my girl and I are working out in the evenings. I think these evening WODs will be crucial for me getting sub 200lbs.

Speaking of.. We're doin one here shortly. Think I might run out on the deck for some double unders mixed into some situps and burpees. Will report tomorrow after the 7am workout at Thunder. Later all.

Patz
06-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm patiently waiting for after the wedding, when you go start Greyskull LP and do a (lean) weight gain diet :)

Just read through the ebook and it's excellent. About 80% of it is covered at his website but still a good book.

Unless it's He-Man related I have no idea what you're talking about but I'll check it out..lol

StLRPh
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Unless it's He-Man related I have no idea what you're talking about but I'll check it out..lol

Sorry thought you were familiar with it. Here's the basics:
http://strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89

Patz
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Sorry thought you were familiar with it. Here's the basics:
http://strengthvillain.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=89

Looks cool and easy enough to follow but.....

I'd basically be skipping most of my WODs. :(

Patz
06-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Fiancée and I worked out..

5 ROUNDS

20 squats
20 situps
10 burpees

11:31

Did 20 DU's in first round but just don't have the space here. Subbed in the squats. Good workout. Fiancée did her usual elliptical elliptical, situps, press, core work. She's tough..would make a great crossfitter!

Off Road
06-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Crossfit women are hot. Good for her.

Patz
06-17-2011, 12:53 PM
LOL

Strict press yesterday.

75x5, 95x5, 115 x5x5x5

Sled drags front and backward
Jump rope work

No at-home WOD. Clean eatin. Trying to be strict until vacation. There'll be Oreos then though so all bets are off! :)

Off Road
06-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice pressing and I love sled work thrown in to finish things.

StLRPh
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
what he said

Coke
06-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Good deal dude, keep stepping to it.

Patz
06-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys. I really like the sleds. I usually sprint the second 100m. Good burn and met con. :)

Diet has been a little off the last couple days. Vacation starts Wednesday, then the wedding Sunday, so my appetite is getting into pregame mode..lol

At-home WOD..on a very full stomach. Fiancée did her thing too.

50 burpees for time - 3:31 (kinda surprised with that one..in a good way..lol)

5min rest

60 situps for time - 1:31. Not awful, but I'd like to get 60 in 60. That's the only way I can get my Annie time under 6min.

That's it..short and sweet.

StLRPh
06-20-2011, 07:26 PM
flying on those burpees

Chubrock
06-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Very quick on the burpees. Nice job.

Patz
06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks fellas. I think I'm one of the few people in the world who actually like burpees..lol. I saw a guy in YouTube do 100 in 3:56!

WOD today was..

Deadlifts (315rx. I did 225)
Box jumps (24")
I forgot to check the clock but I think it was about 9:30. 225 felt awful heavy and after the initial 10, I was doing 3 at a time :(

Still, to RX that at 315 is pretty beastly so I don't feel too bad.

Did some tuck holds and jump rope, and held 135 overhead for 30 second holds x 3 until I got laughed at..lol

That is all..wedding countdown is at...5 days! :@

StLRPh
06-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I remember seeing this one before somewhere and 45 reps of 2 plate deadlifts is no joke

Off Road
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Good deadlift workout...that'll keep the cold feet away - lol

Patz
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Yeah imagine doing that WOD @ 315!

Today was

20min AMRAP

10 SDHP @ 75lbs (sumo deadlift pull to chin)
10 Toes to Bar
200m run

I got 6 rounds + 10 SDHP. Was doing really well but I tore my hand on round 6 and wasn't about to rip it completely right before going on vacation..lol

But 60 SDHP, 60 toes to bar, and 1200m (3/4 mile) of running in 20 minutes. Not too shabby.

Leaving in the morning so I might not post until July..lol. There's a crossfit in surfside and I want to make it some but we'll see. :)

StLRPh
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
very nice job, you're conditioning is definitely on-point

Coke
06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Wish all the best to you and your bride - have a great honeymoon!!

Patz
06-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks coke. I'm excited to see this thing through!

At the beach house. Got a workout in..

6 rounds of
1/5 mile run
25 double unders

Didn't time it but my sister was clocking my laps so those took about 10min, so I'd wager it all took about 15-ish. I was whipped. It's so humid here..lol.

Diet has been decent. Omelette for breakfast, then a bit of fried chicken, a pork chop, cabbage, broccoli casserole and green beans, with a salad. Had about 10 oreo cookies throughout the evening. :). Oh and a bowl of chips..lol

Chubrock
06-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Time for you to destroy that diet. Pig out haha.

Off Road
06-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Now I'm hungry for cookies :(

Patz
07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Ooooooook...diet destroyed. Left at 205. Returned at 212. Would have been worse but I sweated a lot..lol been home since Sunday and already back to 205.

I am officially married now and a father of two great girls. Life is good. Honeymoon cruise in 2 weeks. :)

First WOD since the 24th I think.

10min AMRAP of..
30 double unders
15 floor to overhead @ 75lbs

This was the first open competition WOD, but MUCH hotter in the gym this time. Got 4 rounds plus 5 double unders. That is 5 DU's better than back during the competition so..lol..it's improvement. :)

Still..60 power snatch (or whatever FTO you choose) and 125 DU's in 10min is still pretty decent. :)

Diet is very clean the last few days. Might see if I can hit 202 before the cruise.

Off Road
07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Congratulations!

StLRPh
07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
congrats and nice work!

Coke
07-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Congrats Pat, gonna be flying high all month - the upcoming honeymoon cruise sounds awesome.

Patz
07-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Thanks guys. This girl and my stepgirls are really special and I couldn't let them get away! :)

WOD today w hang squat clean, 2 rep max.

Did 75,105,135,145,155,165 and stopped. Got my 2 rep max at 165. Probably had 185 in ne. My technique has really improved.

Did 30 good mornings with band over neck, 115 seconds in a tuck position on the pirouettes , 5 dead hang pullups and 10
dead sprints pulling 105lb sled. Pretty good day.

Gonna hit all your journals up at some point today. Gotta get in there and motivate ya!

Bako Lifter
07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Nice workout, impressive tuck holds.

Patz
07-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks. It was 115 seconds in total. I did 60 seconds straight, then 30,15,10. That 60 right off the bat was a big surprise though. I wish I could see the seemingly very strong abs I have..lol

Working 16 hours today and 8 tomorrow. No WOD. maybe a "fix the lawnmower" WOD tomorrow..lol. Diet is still strict.

Off Road
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
YWOD = Yard Work Of the Day

Patz
07-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Just as soon as i get it running again..lol

Patz
07-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Didn't get to the mowers. The heat index was 100 degrees the last couple days then yesterday we had an apocalyptic storm. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow..

WOD

400m run
20 ring dips
20 med ball cleans
20 burpees
200m run
30 situps
30 pullups
30 squats
400m run

14:41. Brutal workout. That last quarter mile just about sent me to see Mr. Puke. Ring dips really slowed me down. I finished second to last but other than me only the guy who finished first was doing it without assistance on at least one movement so I feel pretty good about my time. I'm hurting all over though..lol

StLRPh
07-12-2011, 11:08 AM
sounds to me like you finished second...just saying

Off Road
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree, at least for the guys that did it as intended :)

Coke
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm hurting all over though

That in itself is a damn good deal dude.

Patz
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the support..lol

I have to adjust a workout a few times a month so i have no superior feeling to anyone who does the same. The workouts hurt them just as much as me just like when I workout with the advanced people. Hell, my last 5 dips were pretty sketchy. I probably should have used an assistance band..lol

StLRPh
07-12-2011, 05:20 PM
IMO, it's more about giving yourself credit than it is about taking anything away from others

Patz
07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Lol..true. Ooooook..."I'm sooooo awesome at xfit!!!"

How's that??

WOD (I was bad sore and now miserably sore)

7 Rounds

7 Full Snatch @ 95lbs
30 kb swings (1.5 pood)
30 sit-ups

Had a 40 minute cap. I got capped..lol

Got through 5 full rounds, snatches, swings. And 3 sit-ups of round 6.

This workout was he'll. Rx weight was 155, then lowered to 135, and I went with 95..lol. My snatch form is improving but I still dropped 1 for every one I got. Exhaustion and previous soreness had a lot to do with it.

This was just an awful, awful workout. I am spent, even 4 hours later. I wanna go home and nap till dinner. :)

Coke
07-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Awful equates to extreme intensity in this case, that's the real deal, lol.

Patz
07-17-2011, 08:04 AM
At-home WOD.

6 rounds

1/5 mile run
25 du's

18:07

Same road WOD I did at the beach a couple weeks ago. My guess was 15min back then but it was probably more and my neighborhood has 1/3 of the run uphill, so... Im happy with it. I also got all my DU's unbroken with the exception of one missed rep. Considering I was wearing shoes (never do on rope unless I have no choice) that surprises me. Hopefully that means I've got a new PR set on the horizon. :)

Diet has been pretty strict. Weight isn't really moving though but I don't have food guilt as long as it is n going up..lol

StLRPh
07-17-2011, 08:31 AM
very nice work on the DUs and great job overall

Patz
07-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Monday WOD

back squat 5x5x5x5x5

Ended up at 225 x 5. Most I've done for 5 reps in the last few years. Happy with it, considering I haven't back squatted in 3 months..lol. It's funny how all the other stuff translates over like that.

After that, did 25 around the worlds. And 2 sled drags.Abs are killing me.

Today's WOD..

"Grace"

30 floor to overhead @ 135lbs

6:11

Better than I expected. I really didn't push too hard anyway. Just wanted clean reps.

Ran 4x800m then did some strict press

StLRPh
07-19-2011, 05:10 PM
when you do Grace is it a snatch or a clean and jerk?

Chubrock
07-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Very nice on the back squatting. Good Grace time. We've got a couple of guys that can do it ~1:20. Freaks.

Patz
07-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Dang..1:20. That's LEGIT. Head coach did it in 1:55 last time. Not sure if we have better there or not.

It was listed as a power clean and jerk on our website but we were told to basically go floor to overhead. I didn't have a choice other than push jerking it though. That's not a weight I can power snatch more than a couple times..lol

Coke
07-20-2011, 12:51 PM
What you did for both days is on point man.