PDA

View Full Version : Should I or should I not, that is the question

Wadd
08-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I've been training for a lot of years right now and I am mostly interested in being cut. I would like to grow more muscle though.. Look at my pic in my profile... should I go on gear or just eat MORE !!! :)

Detard
08-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Eat more.

Cirino83
08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Eat more and LOL @ doyoulookgood.com

Wadd
08-21-2007, 12:15 PM
LOL !! ok.. dylg is because I am at work... I dont have access to my pics at home.. so I took the one I have on this web sites... :)

So you think I should not hit the gear ? I would like to stay lean so I was thinking about Equi... only... darn... I am already eating like a pig... lol

Wadd
08-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't even know what my body fat is... darn.. I've spent all my life in a gym and now I feel like a freaking newbie !! :)

Jorge Sanchez
08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
No need for gear. Don't be afraid to put on some fat. You're really lean and if you do it properly you should be able to keep the fat gain to a minimum. You obviously know how to get and stay lean so you can just drop what little fat you do gain, afterwards. If you go in short bulk and cut cycles you may not even lose your abs.

sharkall2003
08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Hell no. I think you should keep the physique you have. I'd sacrifice a little bit of size for leanness like that.

Wadd
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Thank you very much for your kind word...

But Jorge, the problem lies right there, I know how to stay lean.. but I really don't know what to eat if I wanna do the short bulk and cut cycles everyone is talking about... that's why I am thinking about taking some...

sharkall2003
08-21-2007, 12:54 PM
I'll tell you. Eat a little bit more of the same stuff you're eating right now.

I don't need to address the general guidelines of .5 grams of fat per pound of bodyweight and all that. It looks like you know what works for your body. I think all you have to do now is just work on eating a little more if you want to get a little bigger. Maybe like 50 more carbs per day or 50 more grams of whey protein. something small, really.

Con
08-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Eat more to gain weight.

Steroids won't help if you arent eating to support growth.

Wadd
08-21-2007, 01:00 PM
darn... I will have to start eating every hour if I wanna eat more.. lol ok.. I will do a search on some diet.. cause if I wanna eat more, I will need some idea because I am tired of what I eat !!! :) (remember, I've been in that shape for about 6 years now.. I keep getting a little bit bigger by the years, but I am always that lean, it is not just a phase in my training...)

sharkall2003
08-21-2007, 01:04 PM
How much bodyfat percentage can you gain and be comfortable with?
What do you eat right now? There are usually some good alternatives.

Con
08-21-2007, 01:14 PM
My aunt probably knows how to eat more than you.

She made a random shake last night that was only missing protein.

3 bananas
1 mango
Ice cream(you could use oats if you want a healthy alternative)
ice
Protein powder

Blend, and drink in addition to w/e else you eat.

Wadd
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Con, if only you knew how many shakes like that I take in a day !!! :) .. In fact I dont use ice, I put some frozen fruits, fresh banana, protein powder, skim milk and fruit juice...

Wadd
08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
hmm, how much body fat would I be confortable with ? Well I don't now where I'm at right now.. but I am a little bit leaner than on the pic.. and I still think I am too fat.. :)

Jorge Sanchez
08-21-2007, 01:31 PM
Con, if only you knew how many shakes like that I take in a day !!! :) .. In fact I dont use ice, I put some frozen fruits, fresh banana, protein powder, skim milk and fruit juice...

Use whole milk. Also, throw in some vegetable oil and a few tbsps of natural peanut butter. If you're really having that much trouble gaining weight I suggest you use the ice cream.

The good news is, if you eat as much as you claim and are still that lean you can probably eat like a horse and gain very little fat and lots of muscle.

Do you track your calories? If not, it might be helpful to post what (and the amount) that you typically eat in a day. You may not actually be eating as much as you think.

hmm, how much body fat would I be confortable with ? Well I don't now where I'm at right now.. but I am a little bit leaner than on the pic.. and I still think I am too fat.. :)

If you are leaner than you are in that pic and you still think you're too fat I think you may have some body image issues which need to be addressed - you're already very lean, much leaner than most people ever get, even in that picture.

But you're going to have to make a decision: bulk and put on a little fat, or stay lean and don't get any bigger. If you do it properly, the fat gains will be barely noticeable.

sharkall2003
08-21-2007, 01:42 PM

Okay, well if you can get over the "I'm too fat" thing and gain 20 lbs you should be able to gain a lot of muscle. And then you can cut off while tracking calories. You, by looking at you leanness as a guideline, could probably easily put on muscle 1:1. Nothing wrong with wanting to be as lean as possible either. But, I'd say if you drop more than 2% more bodyfat you'll be so lean you'll be messing with the hormone system.

growthrep
08-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Start eating nuts and seeds. Pistachios are great and a cup has 700+ cals.

Wadd
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
oh.. really ? hmm, ok.. I'm leaving work now.. I will try to write down everything I eat in a day and post it tonight or tomorow morning..

Have a good night guys.. cya tomorow.. :)

Detard
08-21-2007, 02:02 PM
2 cups whole milk, 1 cup ice cream, 12 TBSP peanut butter. It's the Bako shake. It's 1000+ cals right there. If you want to add even more calories, throw in some flax oil and olive oil. From now on, stuff your face with high calorie foods like cottage cheese, milk, peanut butter, and throw some oils in when you blend stuff up. :thumbup:

Tofer
08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
2 cups whole milk, 1 cup ice cream, 12 TBSP peanut butter. It's the Bako shake. It's 1000+ cals right there. If you want to add even more calories, throw in some flax oil and olive oil. From now on, stuff your face with high calorie foods like cottage cheese, milk, peanut butter, and throw some oils in when you blend stuff up. :thumbup:
There are actually people out there who drink shakes like that? No wonder so many people end up looking fat and disgusting after their bulks.

Trevor M.
08-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Why is Wadd's post count showing at two when he obviously has more post then that in this thread?

Wadd
08-21-2007, 04:43 PM
that's what I was wondering.. I cannot post in some channel if I don't have more thant 5 posts... HELP ME !!! LOL

Going to the gym !!! (and the shake he mentionned, darn... THAT is a shake.. lol but I cannot drink all that... I still wanna stay lean.. lol)

Con
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
that's what I was wondering.. I cannot post in some channel if I don't have more thant 5 posts... HELP ME !!! LOL

Going to the gym !!! (and the shake he mentionned, darn... THAT is a shake.. lol but I cannot drink all that... I still wanna stay lean.. lol)

Althought I have the exact same mentality now that I have achieved the leanest state for my body ever, this will be your downfall.

Detard
08-21-2007, 05:14 PM
There are actually people out there who drink shakes like that? No wonder so many people end up looking fat and disgusting after their bulks.

Hell yeah. For us skinny guys bulking, it's an awesome way to get in extra cals.

sharkall2003
08-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Hell yeah. For us skinny guys bulking, it's an awesome way to get in extra cals.

I think once you start taking your long-term health into consideration you won't gob down all the saturated fats and all the sugars and pack in 5k in calories a day.

Detard
08-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I think once you start taking your long-term health into consideration you won't gob down all the saturated fats and all the sugars and pack in 5k in calories a day.

Your probably right, but for now, i'm gonna continue to take them in.

Tofer
08-21-2007, 06:05 PM
That's fine and all, but don't take it too far and ruin your physique just to get a few more lbs of LBM.

Detard
08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
That's fine and all, but don't take it too far and ruin your physique just to get a few more lbs of LBM.

Good advice actually. Once I start getting too fat i'm gonna slow down the bulk. Thanks:hello:

Sorry to hi-jack your thread for a second :hide:

cphafner
08-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Why is Wadd's post count showing at two when he obviously has more post then that in this thread?

Posts in the community central don't count towards post count.

Trevor M.
08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Posts in the community central don't count towards post count.

Ah alight, thanks.