PDA

View Full Version : another ud2 question

Darcy Tucker
08-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry about this. I just read through the whole UD2 book and i found it very similar to what I was already doing with my PSMFs.

I just have a few questions. Why must you deplete the body before carbing up? When I was doing my Psmf's and eventually carbing up I'm sure I was somewhat depleted to begin with. LIke does being depleted actually allow you to eat more calories from carbs (going over maintenance) without gaining weight?

Hazen
08-21-2007, 08:28 PM
I believe the idea behind the depletion workout is to get all of the glycogen out of your muscles, that way when you do your carb load the carbs are used to replenish the lost glycogen in your muscles instead of being used to create fat.

Con
08-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Super compensation.

To be honest, if you didn't get that from reading, or even researching a little about UD2, you should read the book atleast one more time.

Darcy Tucker
08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Super compensation.

To be honest, if you didn't get that from reading, or even researching a little about UD2, you should read the book atleast one more time.

Great response.

Slim Schaedle
08-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Great response.

In all seriousness, he is right.

There is no way you can read that book, implement the diet, and then ask that question.

If so, you really need to go back and read it because next to tthe concept of "eating half your maintenance will cause you to lose fat," the depeletion/carb-up is the basis of the whole thing.

Vapour Trails
08-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Because depletion and supercompensation is the analbolic driver. Also depleted muscle burns fat better.

ray34iyf
08-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Sorry to somewhat hijack the thread, but while we're on the UD topic, how frickin long does it take to adjust to a low carb diet? If you were say on a moderate carb diet beforehand, and the first few days suck, should I expect an easier time in week 2? Usually in the morning I feel ok but in the afternoon I feel like killing someone. Thanks.