PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me add supplements?

GoodThings
08-21-2007, 06:54 PM
I need to break a 9 month plateau, and I'm going to try to turn to some over the counter supplements.

Right now I'm taking Optician (2 scoops daily, I know serving size says 3 but its too much), ETS, eating Detour bars, and taking L-Glutamine (3g daily). I take creatine 7 days a week, 6 grams. I also sometimes add some Nitrean, 3/4 scoop.

Is there anything easy I'm missing? Also, can someone tell me about the Opticians glutamine peptide content? Should I be taking even less L-Glutamine? I know they are different, but they act similarly do they not?

I'm 160lbs with low body fat.

Trevor M.
08-21-2007, 07:18 PM
You will not break a plateau through supplements. If you did, it would be from a placebo affect most likely.
Some helpfull ways to break a plateau off the top of my head are., changing caloric intake, changing routine, taking a break, and many more.

And was that a mistype? 9month plateau?

GoodThings
08-21-2007, 07:55 PM
You will not break a plateau through supplements. If you did, it would be from a placebo affect most likely.
Some helpfull ways to break a plateau off the top of my head are., changing caloric intake, changing routine, taking a break, and many more.

And was that a mistype? 9month plateau?

I come across like a moron in my first post, which isn't the case. I apologize.

I've changed routines several times over the last year, it doesn't seem to work miracles for me like it does for others. As for calorie intake, I'm tried adding about 1000-1500 a day to my maintenance, which will help me to the tune of 1lb a week if that (usually it will just spike my bodyfat a bit though). I'm not looking to do a "bulk". I really disagree that bulking and cutting are even necessary. Given enough time, I should be able to accomplish what I want with recomposition.

Taking a break is about the last thing I want to do, but something I have not tried yet. I feel like even when I am out of the gym for a week, I lose my strength and figure.

I started lifting at around 135lbs, and I'm weighing 160 today (and for the last 9 months). My figure is great, but as with everyone in this game, I'd love to see another 10 lbs of muscle.

Anyone know anything about the Optician glutamine peptides?

GoodThings
08-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Is there anything scientific evidence of a break actually helping you get bigger? I hear people throw this around all the time, but I have never read much about it.

cphafner
08-21-2007, 08:10 PM
dump the glutamine. If you are 160 and not gain, you are not eating enough. Concentrate on the diet, and less on the supps.

GoodThings
08-21-2007, 08:36 PM
cphafner, I'm close to 5'6, just so you know.

cphafner
08-21-2007, 08:44 PM
cphafner, I'm close to 5'6, just so you know.

That makes you a fairly decent size, but doesn't change my response.

Al3X
08-22-2007, 05:53 AM
Won't grow without food. You won't become bigger without training.

Herandi
08-22-2007, 06:43 AM
i really don't think any more supplements are necessary. Really concentrate on fine-tuning your diet. A week off might be worth a shot...

seK
08-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I need to break a 9 month plateau, and I'm going to try to turn to some over the counter supplements.

Right now I'm taking Optician (2 scoops daily, I know serving size says 3 but its too much), ETS, eating Detour bars, and taking L-Glutamine (3g daily). I take creatine 7 days a week, 6 grams. I also sometimes add some Nitrean, 3/4 scoop.

Is there anything easy I'm missing? Also, can someone tell me about the Opticians glutamine peptide content? Should I be taking even less L-Glutamine? I know they are different, but they act similarly do they not?

I'm 160lbs with low body fat.

There is no suppliment for Cals.

Holto
08-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Is there anything scientific evidence of a break actually helping you get bigger? I hear people throw this around all the time, but I have never read much about it.

Evidence in terms of actual studies, no. There is a strong correlation between neurological burnout and stagnant strength gains.

If you train heavy, train hard, train to failure or any combination of the former than taking a break will help long term gains.

When I'm burnt and take two weeks off I allways come back stronger. It's the coolest thing.

Trevor M.
08-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Agreed fully^

rick148
09-01-2007, 04:13 PM
What does your workout routine look like? I agree with some of the other posts. Supplements will not be the answer. I think you should post your routine in order to get a response that will be beneficial to you. Overtraining could be a part of your plateau.

noyzee.com

squat 565
bench 350
deadlift 589 @148

Unholy
09-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Dude, just take MAXIMUS and you will get HUGE.

fuwd
09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
too much supplements is a wast of money, just eat!